• A Dream Proposed: Your Fantasy IndyCar Event

Deep down everyone has an event that they wish was on the IndyCar calendar but for some reason, financial, political, or otherwise it just can't be on the calendar. Even Randy Bernard wishes he could have a season-ending street & oval doubleheader in Las Vegas. Reply with your fantasy IndyCar event with location, date in the calendar, as much information that you want to include.

My Dream Event:
      A street race in hilly, picturesque Quebec City that would be run as a floodlit night race similar to F1's Grand Prix of Singapore but would probably start near sunset because it would be run in late June to coincide with La Fête nationale du Québec (the National Holiday of Quebec). Expect a big turnout from the Quebecois for Alex Tagliani and maybe someone could offer a one-off ride for Patrick Carpentier to come out of retirement.

The perfect complement would be another floodlit street race at the planned (F1 Grand Prix of America) Port Imperial street course across the Hudson River from New York City coinciding with Independence Day, which usually is the weekend or two after La Fête nationale du Québec. Just imagine the New York skyline glowing at night with those famous Fourth of July fireworks across the river.

Maybe this pair of nighttime holiday street races could be known as "the Holiday Classics". And just saying part of the reason, the Indy 500 rose to national prominence during its early days was that it coincided with Memorial Day.

This article was originally published in forum thread: A Dream Proposed: Your Fantasy IndyCar Event started by RyanK3206 View original post
    • Recent Blog Posts

Doublea291

Blog Up and Running

Hello hello from my racing blog here on my Trackforum profile!

12-08-2014 11:44 AM
      Doublea291

Last Halfway of IndyCar Offseason

Just the other day marked 94 days until the IndyCar Series gets back on the track- also marking 94 days since the 2014 finale. 2015 will be an interesting year, with a few interesting drive...

12-06-2014 03:04 AM