• Lessons Learned from Mergered Racing by a Cartisan

As a diehard CCWS fan, at the start of 2008 I decided to drive 800 miles after getting off of work on Saturday afternoon to see the race at Kansas Speedway on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't anti oval; I had been to the Michigan 500 during the CART days, but I had made fun of the 100% throttle 1.5 mile ovals in the past, but decided hey, if I'm going to embrace unification, this is it. I remember being really excited to see a 25+ car field for the first time in years! I saw the appeal of that form of racing even though the formula wasn't my favorite ( I remember Viso doing some pretty wild outside passes in the HVM car that day). The rest of the year, I went on to get Penthouse seats at Indy in May and also went to Belle Isle and Mid Ohio as well. In the years following, I have been to Indy multiple times, Belle Isle, Kentucky Speedway, Watkins Glen (Wilson's DCR win, Mid Ohio x2, and Milwaukee. I badly want to get to Iowa in the future.

Long story short, I wish I could have seen past the politics and went to some IRL races during the split. For example, I regret missing possibly the last MIS Indycar race...I wish I would have seen the Andretti vs Hornish finish at Indy, etc. Being an AOWR fan during the split was like being a religious fanatic for me. I felt alot of anger towards TG, and I felt like I was "cheating" on Champ Car by even watching the IRL on TV. After the merger, I went through the stages of grief , and begin to realize it was for the better.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Lessons Learned from St. Pete by an Ovalista started by ramberg View original post
    • Recent Blog Posts

Nigel Red5

Pocono Race Thread

I think Pagenaud wants a ride in the Pace Car. !

08-23-2015 05:04 PM
      TDIndy500

NBCSN Scanner Frequency?

Going to the Pocono race tomorrow. Just got out my scanner for the first time since Indy. Does anyone know the frequencies that NBCSN uses for their broadcast feeds? I assume that the IMS radio...

08-22-2015 10:38 AM