Thread: New Firestone Commercial

New Firestone Commercial

Never got to see it since I was at the track, but the last 2 years have been excellent. They had one monitor at St. Pete near me, and I kept hearing a "take me out to the speedway" commercial that seemed like it may be it. Is this the new firestone commercial, and if so, where can I see it?

Clueless Non-Newbie Bombardier R142's Avatar
    If history is any guide, if you watch an Indycar race on TV, you'll see it sooner or later.
    It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

I realize that, but was hoping to see it without waiting another week.

I just wish they'd show those commericals in prime time or at least on other shows, not just Indy Car races.
    Get your head out of your past!!!

While flipping through channels today, I noticed that Firestone is sponsoring Major League Baseball on the Fox Sports affiliates.

I also noticed during the NHL game on NBC this afternoon that Honda is the "official car of the NHL".

These are two GREAT opportunities for both the IndyCar engine and tire supplier to cross-advertised their product and use the IndyCar series as the key component on commercials during both hockey and baseball telecast.

What better way to get the mainstream and casual fan aware of this than during these sport events. It would also be a great opportunity for VS to piggy ride this and let those folks about upcoming races on VS.

Does this makes sense to you guys??

What interest would MLB or the NHL in having their sponsor promote another sport??

Quote Originally Posted by Bombardier R142
    If history is any guide, if you watch an Indycar race on TV, you'll see it sooner or later.
    Likewise, if you spend any time at Indy in May you'll see it five million times on the diamond vision screens! I was seeing the "Magic Rings" in my sleep for most of the month of June last year! It was a great commercial... about the first hundred times you see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha
    What interest would MLB or the NHL in having their sponsor promote another sport??
    Sometimes I see Commercials for other channels on TV. If they were willing to pay the advertising $$, I have no doubt the MLB would have an Ad for indycar. It's not like you can't be fans of both.

I may be alone in this, but I think the Firestone ads have gotten progressively worse the last 3 years. the first one (how do I love thee . . .) absolutely blew me away. "magic rings" was kinda cute. this one though (take me out to the speedway) has crossed the line into straight corny. There are times where your advertising needs to move on to another approach before the old one gets tiresome. (no pun intended)

I'd grade #1 a 10 on a 10 point scale, #2 a 9.5, I've only heard the audio for #3, so I'll hold judgement, but I'd love to see it, its nowhere.

I liked the "Take me out to the Speedway" commercial.
    Tara was the name of our cat.

On the water, just upstream a bit from the old Langhorne Speedway
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha4Mary
    I may be alone in this, but I think the Firestone ads have gotten progressively worse the last 3 years. the first one (how do I love thee . . .) absolutely blew me away. "magic rings" was kinda cute. this one though (take me out to the speedway) has crossed the line into straight corny. There are times where your advertising needs to move on to another approach before the old one gets tiresome. (no pun intended)
    I haven't seen it yet, does it have the look and feel of the "take me fishing" commercials I've seen over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha4Mary
    I agree with you completely. They are all good ads (the first one is still the best) but when played multiple times during the broadcast they get annoying. Firestone/Bridgestone buys the air time which contributes to the ICS being sucessful so I'm not screaming up and down over this one. At least some of them are shown as a split screen so you still get to see what is happening on the track. Granted it's usually during a yellow caution but on occasion something develops. I wouldn't mind if they intermixed the ADs from the previous 2 years so it wasn't the same thing every time through out the race broadcast.

What will they think of next??? Back home again on Firestone Tires????

Quote Originally Posted by Neshaminy
    I haven't seen it yet, does it have the look and feel of the "take me fishing" commercials I've seen over the years?
    Again, I've only heard the audio, but I believe its a Take Me Out to the Speedway aka Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Big fan of Firestone, but hate the commercial because of the song. As an indycar fan and baseball fan, I thought it was disrespectful to both. I like both sports for different reasons. Bad decision in my opinion, and even my wife thought it was a poor attempt by Firestone.

Indy is not baseball, and baseball is not Indy. There are three institutions in sports, baseball, Indy and the Kentucky Derby. The tradition of those three events doesn't need some rip off of the other to validate it.

I only heard it playing over the loudspeaker at St. Pete but it sounded cute...

On the water, just upstream a bit from the old Langhorne Speedway
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaanfan123
    Again, I've only heard the audio, but I believe its a Take Me Out to the Speedway aka Take Me Out to the Ball Game
    Now I know the commerciall. I *did* see it. It's awkward.

"now it 300, 400, 500 miles at the old brick-yard"

I think a good one might be a B&W shot of a kid listening to the race call on an old transister radio back in the 50s, cutting in with B&W shots of the actual race, moving up o a little B&W tv with Jim McKay doing an Indy broadcast from the 60's. Watching in the 70's, 80's. They could drop the F-bomb ---you know Firestone mentions in the broadcast---and end up in a full color victory lane of today.....and of course the old transistor radio makes an appearance......maybe the old guard at the speedway who doesn't get to see the race, in spite of being able to hear them from the back side of the grandstands, with a few more Firestone subliminals.

Then of course there's a visit to the Indy race museum with the grandfather showing the kid around with his memories dancing on the screen.......etc etc

Starting this week, you can watch that Firestone commercial you would like to see in the video archive for Autosport Radio show from tonight's show. Should be up sometime tomorrow before 3pm.
    Julie (Jewls)
    originally jrandrew00

American Diabetes Association
    IRL Ministry
    Autosport Radio