Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108
Results 3,211 to 3,219 of 3219

Thread: Semi official cool old Indy car pics thread

Wonder what it was like to steer that thing with all that positive camber?
    "why yes honey, I do think you look fat in that dress"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SZautke View Post
    Look for an Open Wheel magazine from 1982, featuring the Phoenix CART race. Explains Krueger plan on updating the old McLaren.

-Z
    Would that I still had my OTs...they disappeared during one of my many gypsy moves in the 80s and early 90s... (sigh)

We have a hand in restoration of the 1966-1967 Gordon Johncock Gerhardt Indy cars. My father Dick Deming Painted the cars and was on the team. We are desperately seeking any photos especially color of these cars from any locations. We are looking for detail shots of the cars especially rear end shots. Please contact me here or via email.

Goron johncok photos needed 1966-1970

We have a hand in restoration of the 1966-1967 Gordon Johncock Gerhardt Indy cars. My father Dick Deming Painted the cars and was on the team. We are desperately seeking any photos especially color of these cars from any locations. We are looking for detail shots of the cars especially rear end shots. Please contact me here or via email.

openwheel33.com has pics of both '66 & '67 cars under "liveries" on their menu

A Footnote in History

OK TF experts, bloviate[IMG]

Insider
    Effectively, the last roadster built. Unfortunately it was too late to the party...

Maxson Special

Agree, it was too late. However it seems to have several interesting stories. Although it had its fare share of DNQ's it did compete; Phoenix 1969 Bruce Walkup started 24th and finished 8th; June 8, 1969 Rex Mays Classic in Milwaukee George Benson started 22nd and finished 14th, and on March 28, 1970 at the Phoenix 150 George Snider started 12th and "survived" to finish 7th. Quinn Epperly appeared to put a lot of thought into the "packaging" of the car, the turbo was located right behind the left front wheel. The rear suspension was Epperly's interpretation of a transaxle adapted to a deDion suspension (I neglected to take a snap, if anyone has a pic I'd like to see it). The team ownership was a partnership between Darwin Maxson and Dean Jeffries. I believe that Maxson was Jeffries father-in-law at the time. Jeffries was famous for his pin striping talent and he painted many of the Indycars during that era. If memory serves me correctly the Maxson Special was not the last roadster to compete, I think that still goes to Jim Hurtubise and his Mallard, at Michigan in 1972, where Hurtubise started 26th and finished 23rd. Believe the Maxson currently resides in the Jim Lattin collection, in Encinitas, CA. I took this pic in the Milwaukee pits, in the early AM, it was freezing cold, that's why the guys in the photo are wearing jackets and have their hands in their pockets!

Insider
    I've seen several photos of the car, but I don't think any of them were with the body panels removed. That would be interesting! Definitely a slick looking piece! And yes, I remember Dean Jeffries from the custom car days. The Mantaray...