Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Night at the MOVIES - Now at Dawson's on Main

how big is the typical crowd for this? drinks only or dinner also?

The movies are on a big flat screen in the bar area. There's a core group of around 10 to 14 people most weeks with some other folks that come occasionally. The tables closest to the TV are reserved for us. They serve really good food with a weekly special for the movie group.

Banned
    Hoping to make a few of them this year after most of them last year...but have been out of town every Wednesday so far. I wholeheartedly encourage attendance...the people are nice, the food is usually great and well priced, and the on-screen entertainment is always engaging.

-The Bucket O' Beer Disciple of INDYCAR

NDCRS this gathering is whatever you make it. You can come for dinner or sandwich or just drinks. Most of the group started out coming as ones or twos and it has grown into a group of
    friends over the years. Everyone is welcome just mention you saw this on Track Forum so we can introduce ourselves. It can be a lively group some weeks. But we all share the common thread of a love for open wheel racing.

Last edited by ndcrs; 11-09-2011 at 06:32 AM.

November 16, 2011

This week coming up we are suppose to have a preview of First Turn Productions latest venture. They were just finishing it up this week. John and Brad have visited before and brought preview's of their productions, which our group always appreciates. Their work is amazing and it seems it gets better with every new film they produce.

So come on out and get a sneak preview. Feature goes off at 7:00 pm

Hot Laps 6:30
    Feature 7:00
    Checker 9:00

How is the street construction going up there?

Street construction is done. Plus, the exterior of the Dallara factory looks finished.

Streets are done, Main Street looking good, getting ready to add a parking lot up between 15th and 16th Street on East side of Main Street.

Speaking of the Dallara Building
    This Thursday the Speedway Chamber of Commerce is holding an Auction at the Dallara Building 1201 Main Street from 5:30-8:00.
    There will be a silent auction from 5:30 -7:00 followed by a live auction 7:00 to 7:30.
    Free Admission MUST BE 21 to ATTEND flyer states
    Some of the things listed are suite tickets, 2-seater rides, collectibles plus other non-racing items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Duck View Post
    Some of the things listed are suite tickets, 2-seater rides, collectibles plus other non-racing items.
    Is that Jack Hewitt's 2 seater rides??

November 23, 2011

Sorry for posting so late, got busy doing things for the National Midget Auto Racing Hall of Fame, the Induction Ceremony is coming up soon, and I am trying to get everything together.
    Locating the family members, getting out invites, etc. Moving on.

This week we are going to look back into Sprint car racing in the early 60's and some mid-fifties. IRP on the dirt, CRA at Ascot-El Centro some IMCA at Des Moines-Topeka.
    When alot of our heros were out there slinging dirt around and you could watch them work the wheel.

Then look back at some old Indy 500's from the early 60's. Watch the same hero's show their finesse on the pavement.

As always Hot Laps start: 6:30 pm
    Features go off: 7:00
    Checker drops at: 9:00

Paradoxically Sublime Fool Turn13's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still need to write a review of that First Turn Productions 1972 Indy 500 video, but suffice to say for now it was great! I was 15 then so that one's special A real time machine
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Speedway, Indiana USA The Racing Capital of the World!
    I think I'm coming out to Dawson's tomorrow night. It's been awhile. Disciple will not be there this time.

December 7 DARK no movies this week at Dawsons but if you still want to get your vintage race movie fix you can come on out to Brownsburg on Tuesday night Dec 6. We will be showing some vintage films at the PITSTOP Barbeque starting at 6:30 till 9:00.

December 14
    After being off for one week got some Birthday's to catch up on Rick Mears, Emerson Fitipaldi,Wally Dallenbach,Howdy Holmes. So we try and show some films featuring these guys
    this coming week. It is always good to travel back in time and view the Speedway in the Hey Days. When if you wanted to know what went on at a race, you actually HAD TO BE THERE
    IN PERSON and could not sit back in your easy chair and let a television network bring it to you. Hmmm to I see a reason for decline in attendance, possibly.

Anyway come on out and enjoy some Old race films and some good company and great food. Dawson's on Main St Speedway

Hot laps 6:30
    CHecker 9:00

Are you guys doing anything before the end of the year (i.e.: not this week, but the 2 after) ?
    RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011
    TwitterFlickrInstagram

Newgarden • Carpenter
    Hunter-Reay Hinchcliffe

To my knowledge right now we will be showing movies on Dec 21 and Dec 28 and Jan 4

Will not be there on Jan 11 because most of us will be gone to Chili Bowl.

Hope to see you stop by pdas 1996

Thanks. My grandpa and I are vying to go soon, because mother has us next week (28th) so we CAN go then!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Duck View Post
    To my knowledge right now we will be showing movies on Dec 21 and Dec 28 and Jan 4

Will not be there on Jan 11 because most of us will be gone to Chili Bowl.

Hope to see you stop by pdas 1996
    I'd love to bring my grandson, the Sword Man. But one problem. Though he's nearly as tall as John Hoover, He's only 9. I aim to come up one of those three nights, Barb.

Danny you might stop by out at the Pit Stop in Brownsburg on Tuesday night, we show them both in the front dining room as well as the bar.
    We show them from 7-9 pm. If you have never been there, it is a full of racing memorabilia and even has some midgets displayed in the dining room.

Just a few more miles down the road from Raceway Park, just as you come into town on 136 on the right hand side at the light.

Is there an age limit to Dawson's, cause along with DannyB's son, I am only 15.

Quote Originally Posted by pdas1996 View Post
    Is there an age limit to Dawson's, cause along with DannyB's son, I am only 15.
    You mean Grandson there. My son turned 32 yesterday.

Dawson's has, I think, a family section but one cannot see the TV from it.

Barb, I'm going to ask permission to come up tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    You mean Grandson there. My son turned 32 yesterday.

Dawson's has, I think, a family section but one cannot see the TV from it.

Barb, I'm going to ask permission to come up tomorrow night.
    Sorry. Darn about the TV.

Anyone with children under 18 can come out to the Pit Stop Restaurant in Brownsburg on Tuesday nights
    There is family seating in the front room with a big screen TV, plus we have one in the bar area.
    Very family friendly.

Movies show from 7:00 to 9:00 pm

December 21 Dawsons on Main St

NEW PARKING LOT open across the street from Dawsons it opened up three days earlier than projected. So far all the projects on Main have come in on time or early. Great Job

Tonight one of the Features will be Midgets from 1912 to 1960 pretty interesting film. The other feature will be Riverside Raceway, has footage of a lot of their events over the years.
    Get to see a young Roger Penske as a driver on his way to the 1963 USAC Sport Car Championship. This is a time when Foyt, Ward, Jones, Gurney and Grant all drove anything with wheels on it, be it Sports Cars, Stock Cars or any open wheel type car. Early NASCAR stars Daryl Derringer, Bobby Allison , Richard Petty, Marvin Panch are also seen in the film. Very enjoyable film.

Hot Laps 6:30
    Feature: 7:00
    Checker: 9:00

Might be there tonight and bring my grandson to the Pit Stop next week, as he's staying with us all week.

I'll have to tell Grandpa about this.

Dec 28 Dawsons on Main Street

This will be surprise week, with the Holidays have not had time to sit down and plan this week out. So it will be some old Indy's for sure. So stop by and see what I come up with.

Hot Laps: 6:30
    Checker 9:00

We will be at the Pit Stop on Tuesday Night for those of you who would like to bring kids along. starts at 7:00 ends 9:00

Grandson and I plan to hit the IMS museum tomorrow and then head northwest to the Pit Stop.

We will be there, Grandpa and I.