Thread: Truesports 91/92/93C

Truesports 91/92/93C

Does anyone have some med-high res pics of these chassis? Thanks in advance.

I know you requested PHOTOS... but I have some sponsor artwork that Rahal-Hogan driver Mike Groff gave friends & sponsors of his 1993 MGD Light #26 Truesports

I also have a livery concept of the Bobby Rahal 92 chassis?

Here is the Scott Pruett 91 chassis

Early 92 version?

"I just WON the Indy 500 & now I'm goin' to DETROIT!!!" :) :) -Ryan Hunter-Reay 500 banquet, May 26, 2014

Race CARS Not DOGS!!! Adopt or foster a retired greyhound -Me

Great stuff ARROWZ!

I know the '92 chassis had that weird Formula Ford-like air inlet on the starboard side. Did other years have this? I'm assuming it fed the turbocharger, but does anyone know its purpose for sure?

The Ladder Broke in 74
    Quote Originally Posted by drdisque View Post
    I know the '92 chassis had that weird Formula Ford-like air inlet on the starboard side. Did other years have this? I'm assuming it fed the turbocharger, but does anyone know its purpose for sure?
    It was actually an ION cannon designed to blast away opponents in front of the driver....however the Truesports sleds were so slow that Pruett could never get into range
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Quote Originally Posted by BSJracing View Post
    It was actually an ION cannon designed to blast away opponents in front of the driver....however the Truesports sleds were so slow that Pruett could never get into range
    SHHHHH! I think that info is still classified! Sadly I think that same cannon misfired & goofed Pruett's brakes at that W. Palm Beach test!!! My bad attempt at humor will probably be crushed if it turns out Scott was driving a Lola & not the Truesports chassis...

Gorgeous cars. Shame their aero numbers were so crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by drdisque View Post
    The idea was that it would help keep the turbo spinning and help reduce turbo lag. Can't remember how successful it was...on anybody's car,

I recall hearing the 91 was the best one. But pruett was stuck with the Judd, which rendered it too slow. IIRC, he had a great showing at Portland, but with no power, he had no chance.

They got the Chevy in 92, but that chassis wasn't as good, so it was a wash.

Rahal took over the program in 93, and got a 2nd at Long Beach, but the DNQ at Indy killed the program. A side story I heard about 93, on pole day when Rahal was supposed to make his first attempt, he was about to pull away (and he had some speed that morning), when they discovered the rear wing was loose. They had to pull out of line and fix the wing. Had he gone out that instant, chances are he would have qualified. Instead, they waited until later, and lost the speed, and never got it back...and everyone knows the rest.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
    The idea was that it would help keep the turbo spinning and help reduce turbo lag. Can't remember how successful it was...on anybody's car,
    Sort of makes you wonder, seeing as how the turbo is spinning at, what, 80,000rpm? Curious...

Groff holding off Brayton:

Interesting aero on the front wheel:

Quote Originally Posted by ARROWZ46 View Post
    Early 92 version?

Depends on when I took that shot. According to the report in OnTrack, Pruett used an early version of the Truesport 92C-Chevrolet up to quailifying, then switched to the newer #003 chassis due to an engine problem, for quailifying and the race. Also at Mid-Ohio for the 1992 event, was the Truesport 91C-Judd driven by Brian Till
    Mark Windecker

P.S.

The Truesports 91C-Judd at Mid-Ohio 1991....

1991 at MIS...

1991 Detroit

OMG... in the '91 images Pruett is wearing the old school, Simpson Bandit helmet!

Mark, cool shots that I found on the net after a few Google searches... no watermark or copyright was on them. Glad you added to the images... forgot about the Brian Till car