Thread: Video: Paul Blevin Checkered Flag

Video: Paul Blevin Checkered Flag

Pat Vidan lives on in legend, but current Indy Car Starter, Paul Blevin, does an awesome job! His checkered flag style is quite an upgrade from the simple figure 8s.

Let's give the Indy Car Starter some love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge0gz...eature=related

quite the workout!
    2012 Races.....St.Pete....Indianapolis.....and The MILE!!! THE MILE!!! THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
    2013 Races.....Indianapolis (Men's Wedding Party Weekend) and Indyfest 2013!!!
    2014 Races......Hopefully popping the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014!!!

I got big arms cause I'm a flag waver dude!
    "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Fan of existent series
    I've always been very partial to Duane Sweeney but that's probably just because he was there when I started going to Indy many years ago.

I got to meet Paul and Bryan Howard a couple years ago at Indy and both really extremely personable and enjoying their gigs.

Paul was on here several years ago but I'm not sure if he has been around in the past couple seasons.
    --Paul Dalbey
    (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

http://MoreFrontWing.com

Is Bryan Howard no longer with the league? Sorry to pry if it is a personal or personnel matter.

Duane Sweeny was very good too. He started at Indy when I just started following the series. I liked Nick Fornoro's style too.

I liked Harold Kinder in NASCAR, but Doyle Ford's style was jaw droppingly awesome.

Can you tell deep down there's a frustrated starter just waiting to burst forth?! I'd pay a pretty penny to be the honorary starter at the Indy 500!

Fan of existent series
    I'm right there with you. When I was a child, I used to practice in front of a mirror with a checkered flag my dad bought me at IMS. I really wanted to be THAT guy at the track. Oh well, another of those dreams that's lost....

I bugs me that we always have to have some no-effect pop-culture wannabe waving the green flags now. I miss the old double green flag to start the race. I wonder if I become rich and famous or win a contest to wave the green flag if they would let me wave the twin greens. Now THAT would be awesome!

I learned from watching Johnny MacIntosh at the Jeffersonville Sportsdrome, but my idol was Bill Vandewater.

Same here, I always wanted to be a flag man, but I was never as good as this kid when I was little... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZL6...layer_embedded

I'm old enough to remember "The Indian" Tex Enright who started the races at Flemington and other places standing on the track.

http://www.speedwaysnapshots.com/
    "The Speedway has always been a part of Indiana, as the Derby is part of Kentucky. The 500 Mile Race should continue. I'd just like to be sure of sufficient income so we could make a few improvements each year." -- Tony Hulman.

I was a Purdue Grand Prix crew chief from 1977-1979, and Pat Vidan always came up to flag the race during that period. We all loved seeing him step out on the track to wave the checkers for the winning kart like in the old days at Indy.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I got big arms cause I'm a flag waver dude!
    That's funny, 'cause Paul's got a pair of the skinniest arms in captivity. Unless he's gotten some implants in the couple of years since I've spoken with him.