View Poll Results: Do we want multiple aero-kits for 2012?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We are desperate to see different looking cars next year.

165 89.19%
  • No. Too much financial burden for car owners & not enough time to test them.

20 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Multi Aero-Kit Poll

2012 Multi Aero-Kit Poll

Owners have said loud and clear that they don't want multi aero-kits for next year (Dallara only)

Randy Bernard says he wants to hear from everybody on this issue.

Let us voice our opinion and give fan feedback to Randy

RANDY I will not attend or watch another Indycar race beyond Indy until Multiple AeroKits are a option for the teams. If they do not want them do not buy them. I have watched or recorded every race for several years. I attend 3 races a year.

I am DONE, the genie is out of the bottle. Stuff it back in without me.
    You cannot wrangle chaos. You can only try to plan for it.

There are choices that need to be made with what is best for the series. I feel the new car NEEDS to be different. It NEEDS to draw attention the first year.

If Chevy can't/won't be ready by Indy 2012 well too bad, run the standard Dallara package. Penske has had an advantage over the smaller teams for quite a while, if he suffers having to use a Dallara, compared to a Honda or Lotus team, well tough luck. The rules are the rules and we don't need to change the rules because one owner (no matter which one he is) wants them changed, because they won't have an advantage come next May.
    Tara was the name of our cat.

New cars/kits or I'm out. I'm tired of waiting. Hell my 7 month old son will probably be watching these ancient Dallaras race at this point.

Time for Randy to show us who REALLY runs this series.

Multiple cars and engines or i'm DONE

I won't be done as a fan per se, but I won't attend any other race outside of Indy, until multiple aero kits and engines are running.
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

I really don't care if the cars look different. However, that said - the manufacturers knew when the new kits were supposed to be ready. If they're not prepared - well, that's their problem. Bring on the kits- if some people end up with egg on their faces, that's just too bad.
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Repeating...

There's a poll on SPEED that RB has pointed to on Facebook. If you want your voice to be heard, I'd recommend voting on that one.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...2#pd_a_5010488

Quote Originally Posted by bduddy View Post
    Repeating...

There's a poll on SPEED that RB has pointed to on Facebook. If you want your voice to be heard, I'd recommend voting on that one.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...2#pd_a_5010488
    When I voted about a half hour ago, the poll was 92% want aero kits next year while only 8 % wanted to wait until 2013.
    7 300's 4 800's and counting

I say, enforce allowing mutiple aero kits in 2012, and if the owners don't want to buy them, then that is up to them. DO NOT stop teams having the option in 2012

Democracy doesn't work in auto racing.
    RB needs to be like Bernie and be a despotic dictator!!@!

Paradoxically Sublime Fool Turn13's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    I won't be done as a fan per se, but I won't attend any other race outside of Indy, until multiple aero kits and engines are running.
    Ironically, you and others just may guarantee that it never happens.
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    I say, enforce allowing mutiple aero kits in 2012, and if the owners don't want to buy them, then that is up to them. DO NOT stop teams having the option in 2012
    Agreed. If Foyt wants to run a Honda aero kit and everyone else runs Dallara, that should be permissable.

If the owners don't want varying aero kits, they're under no obligation to have one.
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

can the moderator combine the 2 polls regarding aerokits for next year?

Aerokits should be AVAILABLE when they are finished. Dallara will obviously be first, and fill at least first 1/3 of 2012. After that, if Chevy is ready their kit should be available, or Lotus, or Honda. They do not need to put all the non-Dallara kits on the track at the same time.

If the owners want an all Dallara series, they can buy Dallara Aerokits. They dictate how they spend their own money. They should Not dictate the rules.
    You can be a critical fan without being a Critic... Or can you? Quit your b'tchn and enjoy the racing :D

This is ridiculous, We need multiple aero kits. Come on Randy be tough

Semi-Insider
    My vote: Throw out this idea of "aero kits" entirely. If teams want to come up with their own bodywork they should be allowed to, whenever and wherever they choose. No more of this nonsense about freezing development once the season starts and having to share with others.
    Last edited by jcolbert; 05-04-2011 at 01:06 PM.

The cars need to look different, that was half of the new car package for 2012 and the point of the Safety Cell, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people if all the cars look the same again next year but with new engines. Like others have said, make the kits available, if the owners don't want them, don't buy them. I have a feeling that if they are offered, if one team decides goes with the an optional kit and is faster, the owners will somehow "find" the money to buy them.

What is it w Penske? He's the only guy I know in Indycar who runs a zillion dollar company yet doesn't use it to sponsor his cars. He's crying about $75,000 per kit?

If some of the owners don't want to buy a different kit, fine they can stick with the dallara kit. There is no reason in delaying the lotus, honda and chevy kits another year. Kudos to Randy Bernard for listening fan input not just owners

Blog Entries
    40+ year follower here. No new aero kits and engine options in 2012, no RR. Count me OUT. If they want the same old crap let them race to empty grandstands and TV ratings on a par with a local PBS telethon.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes. - Andy Rooney

Ellis/ IndyCar Dead to Me Swaze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by railroad View Post
    40+ year follower here. No new aero kits and engine options in 2012, no RR. Count me OUT. If they want the same old crap let them race to empty grandstands and TV ratings on a par with a local PBS telethon.
    Same here. Randy puts his foot down and tells the owners to "F Off' and I'm in for 2012. He lets the owners have their way and I'm out for 2012.

I'm having enough trouble dealing with a mandated spec series in this "final" year of it. Next year...no possible way my interest holds out that long. Sorry.
    Livin' the good life as poorly as possible.

I don't think it's a financial issue for the owners. Aero Kits are only $70,000. The real issue is the owners are sooo afraid of making the wrong choice of aero kits.

Have multiple Aero kits available. Teams don't have to buy them. But Im SICK of the spec chassis!!!!!!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-holder."

15 G. Rahal
    7 J. Hinchcliffe
    83 C. Kimball

Ellis/ IndyCar Dead to Me Swaze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan43 View Post
    I don't think it's a financial issue for the owners. Aero Kits are only $70,000. The real issue is the owners are sooo afraid of making the wrong choice of aero kits.
    Bingo. That's exactly what it is. Penske doesn't have much confidence in Chevrolet's ability to make a good aero-kit (like he does with their Ilmor engine) and since he is stuck with using all of Chevy's stuff he'd just rather not have to deal with someone possibly picking a better aero kit than him.

Penske knows that if all the teams are on the same aero-kits.......ultimately he and Chip will be the first and only ones with enough time and money to perfect those kits with all of their little tweaks. Much easier to win when the HVM's and AA's of the league are are forced to work with the same equipment (but with much less money).

David Crawford
    Competition breeds excellence. Conformance breeds sameness and boringness (yeah I know its not a word but you get my drift...)

The series needs to accelerate the rate at which multiple engines, kits and manufacturers are allowed. Snails can change direction faster than what the IICS is
    MrKiwi - I Like Red Cars

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidwc View Post
    Competition breeds excellence. Conformance breeds sameness and boringness (yeah I know its not a word but you get my drift...)

The series needs to accelerate the rate at which multiple engines, kits and manufacturers are allowed. Snails can change direction faster than what the IICS is
    It's ok. Boringness can be a word now. It even showed up on auto text on my iPad. Good show.
    May be that Penske wants to buy an aero kit but would rather have an extra year of wind tunnel work done on it.

Originally my plan was to go to the Baltimore race this year, my sister lives about 20 minutes away, close, place to stay etc. I was just about to pull the trigger on tickets but I could just not do it. Reason? I can't get myself to go and watch the current ugly,horrible sounding, underpowered cars chug around Baltimore, it is bad enough watching it on television. But that's ok I thought, I will go to Loudon, Indy, AND Baltimore next year when we have new cars with turbos and new areo kits, pretty exciting stuff!

Now the arrogant, spoiled, and seemingly clueless team owners decide they would rather crush any momentum this pathetic excuse for a Pro racing series had going for it by playing the same old games again. I can tell you this, I as a fan have been putting up with this crap from the owners long enough! If you don't go with the new areo kits for next year then I am done with you! Team owners act like this is their private racing club and all of the fans are just an annoyance that they have to put up with! Well guess what Roger Penske, if nobody shows up to watch you dominate your spec series or watches on TV, then Indycar will finally die and you will be forced to watch your mid pack nascar team every weekend. I used to attend 3 races a year, and I have introduced at least 10 people to Indycar racing who remain fans to this day. There is a reason I have not attended any races for the past 10 years, the new cars were gonna bring me back, don't screw it up now!

BTW, I was planning on taking 4 people with me to the Baltimore race who have never seen an Indycar race before, that's right, 4 NEW potential fans for Indycar, it's not gonna happen with spec cars AND you will be losing one more longtime fan. Also, Randy I would not blame you if decided to move on from Indycar, I am sure you are shocked by the level of childish arrogance coming from most of the team owners in this sport, especially the ones who are used to getting their own way all the time.

Seems like we have eleven team owners on this forum.
    MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog