Page 1 of 56 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1679

Thread: Gas Prices

  1. #1
    Insider Truth Detector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rolling Lakes Yacht Club
    Posts
    64,361

    Gas Prices

    If you live in the Indy area gas up ASAP.

    Spike coming soon.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

    Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014 & 2015 IEFA State Champs

  2. #2
    just a fan Indy-hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,555
    Interesting. Gas has been going down here. At my local Chevron, from 3.29 to 3.21 in just the past few days.

  3. #3
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy-hp View Post
    Interesting. Gas has been going down here. At my local Chevron, from 3.29 to 3.21 in just the past few days.
    It's been going down everywhere -- but the markets rebounded big-time today. So strike-prone areas such as most of the Midwest will see a moderate spike Wed. or Thurs.
    "I'm sure some ****heads'' worldview is that he might. They're probably fat, too, and not too bright. Perhaps not in a relationship that offers regular sex. Possibly unable to save for retirement, so we'll have to pay for that." -- from an actual post by our TF "moderator"

  4. #4
    Insider
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,309
    Blog Entries
    1
    Which is proof positive that it isn't and never was driven by supply and demand, but by speculation. The jump happened because the market did well, not because demand jumped all of a sudden. Oil speculators are killing us.

  5. #5
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by railroad View Post
    Which is proof positive that it isn't and never was driven by supply and demand, but by speculation. The jump happened because the market did well, not because demand jumped all of a sudden. Oil speculators are killing us.
    Not really. Speculators would take a bath if they drove up prices repeatedly without demand to back it up.

  6. #6
    Insider
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,309
    Blog Entries
    1
    Did demand suddenly jump today?

  7. #7
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by railroad View Post
    Did demand suddenly jump today?
    They work on predictions. They try to read the market and predict higher demand. Sometimes they're right, and they are rewarded. Sometimes they are wrong, and they take a bath. They need to be right more than they are wrong, so it doesn't make sense for them to push prices higher for no apparent reason.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Not really. Speculators would take a bath if they drove up prices repeatedly without demand to back it up.
    Which is exactly what happened in 2008 when they drove oil up to over $150 bbl, they took a bath as it plummeted over $100 over the next few months. Back then only 19% of the oil futures being purchased was for actual use.

    Also, the price per gallon of gas has NOT come down accordingly with the price of oil since it hit $3.00 back in March.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

    2017 Indy GP photo gallery

  9. #9
    Is Bat Boy KevMcNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Posts
    32,568
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
    Also, the price per gallon of gas has NOT come down accordingly with the price of oil since it hit $3.00 back in March.
    Does it ever? It can jump 25 cents overnight if some despot with a name we cant even pronounce makes a fiery speech but it takes a long time to drop that same 25 cents

    $3.1X a galllon everywhere here in SC now.

    I did see $3.07 last week
    "If Brian France sold tractors, people would quit farming." -attackforumfan

  10. #10
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    47,757
    Puhleeeeease... you idiots. All the time I was up in Indiana from the end of April to the second week in June the gas prices in Indiana was a mess. One day it would jump as much as 35 cents and then wander back down over the next week until they jumped up again. It didn't happen anywhere else... just in Indiana. All that happened in Florida was it went down gradually by about 9 cents during that same 6 week period. No psychotic jumps no panic fill-ups, no running up and down the road trying to find the last station to jump on jump day.

    Take your wholesalers out into a field and shoot them.

    "Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."



  11. #11
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    Does it ever? It can jump 25 cents overnight if some despot with a name we cant even pronounce makes a fiery speech but it takes a long time to drop that same 25 cents
    There are actually legitimate reasons why prices spike quickly but drop slowly.

  12. #12
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    63,365
    As low as $3.07 in the area...


    http://indygasprices.com/

  13. #13
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    47,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    There are actually legitimate reasons why prices spike quickly but drop slowly.
    See... all the more reason to gather up your Wholesalers, line `em up in a field... and shoot them.

    Now you'all do realize that when I said "you idiots" that I meant that with the utmost Love and Respect.

  14. #14
    Insider Truth Detector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rolling Lakes Yacht Club
    Posts
    64,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    See... all the more reason to gather up your Wholesalers, line `em up in a field... and shoot them.

    Now you'all do realize that when I said "you idiots" that I meant that with the utmost Love and Respect.
    No, I just considered the source.

  15. #15
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Big drop in the markets today, so we might be spared a Thursday spike.

  16. #16
    Is Bat Boy KevMcNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Posts
    32,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    There are actually legitimate reasons why prices spike quickly but drop slowly.
    I had to read it twice but it makes sense.

    $3.03 in North Augusta, SC today. I drove all over the state today and $3.07-$3.15 a gallon was typical

    Im usually in Greenville on Thursdays and it seems like its usually cheapest there. Wouldnt be surprised to see $2.99 or lower there tomorrow

  17. #17
    Add 50%, get my local price.
    Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

  18. #18
    Is Bat Boy KevMcNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Posts
    32,568
    Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post
    Add 50%, get my local price.
    Why? Where?

  19. #19
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    I had to read it twice but it makes sense.

    $3.03 in North Augusta, SC today. I drove all over the state today and $3.07-$3.15 a gallon was typical

    Im usually in Greenville on Thursdays and it seems like its usually cheapest there. Wouldnt be surprised to see $2.99 or lower there tomorrow
    Already in the low $2.90s in the St. Louis area.

  20. #20
    Is Bat Boy KevMcNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Posts
    32,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Already in the low $2.90s in the St. Louis area.
    Nice. Its good timing. I have probably 300 miles ahead of me this weekend

  21. #21
    never was wannabe debdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    too far gone
    Posts
    8,652
    Would somebody please send me some of that cheap gas? Lowest I've seen here in CT is $3.77.....
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    Why? Where?




    Where you get more of your oil from than anywhere else. Not fair EH?

  23. #23
    Is Bat Boy KevMcNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Posts
    32,568
    Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post




    Where you get more of your oil from than anywhere else. Not fair EH?
    Not fair is how much of the goo we are sitting on and cant get to because of....

    ....never mind


  24. #24
    Indy since '66 kevin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    40 miles north of the greatest track that has the Greatest Spectacle In Racing.
    Posts
    6,437
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    Not fair is how much of the goo we are sitting on and cant get to because of....

    ....never mind

    You need to say it.

    The EPA and federal government are the ones keeping the gas prices high. They want us to use air, water or poop.
    "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

    "That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

  25. #25
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    47,757
    I'd like to be able to use the air.

  26. #26
    1of6 IndyMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Pendleton
    Posts
    2,523
    Just paid $2.64 a gallon at Kroger, with a 60 cent per gallon discount.

  27. #27
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyMichael View Post
    Just paid $2.64 a gallon at Kroger, with a 60 cent per gallon discount.
    A price war on the east side of Indy has brought prices as low as $3.06.
    Last edited by Ren Butler; 09-30-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Bad info updated on gasbuddy site

  28. #28
    CLIP IN NDGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Fletcher Memorial Home
    Posts
    6,576


    Anybody else notice something out of whack here????
    Natural Born Cynic

    What irks me (maybe its too soon for the truth), DW was a 16-oval WIN specialist, yet the vast majority those boohooing for him, hardcarders & fans, alike are the same ones trying to kill anything with more than 9 deg banking & 4 corners, where Dan ultimately made his home...

  29. #29
    Inside(he)r Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    54,475
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nope. What do you see?

  30. #30
    just a fan Indy-hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,555
    Quote Originally Posted by NDGator View Post


    Anybody else notice something out of whack here????
    Yep. The last two times oil was this low, gas was only $2.75/gal.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •