Thread: Video link - Beaux Barfield interview

Video link - Beaux Barfield interview

http://www.rpm2night.com/media/beaux...t-indycar.929/

indycar put up a video interview. above is the link.

Good video ,thanks for the heads up John

Thanks for the link.

I think he will do well. I very pleased that he said two things,
    All decisions in race control will be mine
    And (paraphrased)
    I dreamed of driving in the Indy500 and when my career took a different path I dreamed of officiating there.
    I also liked the way he officiated in ALMS and he made sure cars were neatly aligned for starts, and I think the first challenge will be forcing the drivers to stay aligned and the start of the race at St Pete. If he can do that he will have earned driver respect necessary to officiate well in all other races.
    You can be a critical fan without being a Critic... Or can you? Quit your b'tchn and enjoy the racing :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMFVET View Post
    I also liked the way he officiated in ALMS and he made sure cars were neatly aligned for starts, and I think the first challenge will be forcing the drivers to stay aligned and the start of the race at St Pete. If he can do that he will have earned driver respect necessary to officiate well in all other races.
    The ALMS rulebook has a "false start" penalty where you can lose positions if you're not properly alligned. If that's implemented in IndyCar you'll see everyone lined up very neatly.