Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SFHR trying to get Walgreens

BACK ON TOPIC...

It's a great opportunity for Walgreens to pull a "Target" (aka a "K-Mart") and sub-let / gift logos on the car for their brand partners, as well as doing great localized B2B promotions. Since it's a national brand (and my favorite drugstore), they can do excellent regional B2B activation (and B2C activation) on a per race basis.

If I lived in Indy I would happily take the time off work to be there, but sadly I don't. Will definitely send an email to Walgreens though!

they can do excellent regional B2B activation (and B2C activation) on a per race basis.
    O.K. I know what B2B is but what is B2C? I'm sure it will be a DUH moment for me after you explain.

Customer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warped worm View Post
    O.K. I know what B2B is but what is B2C? I'm sure it will be a DUH moment for me after you explain.
    B2B = Business to Business.

B2C = Business to Customer.

I don't get my 'scrips at Walgreens, but I go there often enough that they're a pretty regular stop, rather like Dollar General. If Sarah picks them up even as a secondary, I'll be apt to stop there more often.
    TrackForum Pick 5 2014 Point Standings

"I believe that God is love, and that's enough..." John Wetton

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

consumer

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    Hey, if Walgreens signs on, I will immediately switch my biz from CVS to Walgreens.
    Ditto!

In the cornfields 37.4 miles west of 16th and Georgetown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luy View Post
    Rather unfortunate paint scheme on the car in the article. Hopefully if this deal comes together they'll design something a little more aesthetically pleasing.
    I think that is real basic. I'm sure the finished product would be much better.

I'm 100% CVS....and open to change
    I Love May!

Quote Originally Posted by smuff76 View Post
    Or.......... his comment was in regards to "The car looks pretty good" part of the OP's statement.

Either way, as you said, hopefully Walgreens isn't reading this thread because that was my point all along.........He basically threw it under the bus in public. If Walgreens was reading this what do you think their impression would be? I was hoping this wouldn't devolve into an issue, I think the design speaks for itself.

I rarely post on the livery threads, so I'm not sure how that pertains to me.
    I'm not on the Sarah Fisher nor the Walgreen's payroll so it's not my responsibility to kiss their sponsors ass. I have every right to my opinion and freedom to post that opinion here, provided its done within the rules of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ZUL8TR View Post
    I keep getting error messages on the Walgreens site. Grrr.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    I'm not on the Sarah Fisher nor the Walgreen's payroll so it's not my responsibility to kiss their sponsors ass. I have every right to my opinion and freedom to post that opinion here, provided its done within the rules of this forum.
    Totally agree.

Sarah Fisher Racing is taking quite an unorthodox approach to this Walgreen's sponsorship, so IMO, they should have consulted a professional to guarantee their show car was a complete knock out in getting the drug store company excited about the sport of Indycar.

This car looks thrown together & a bit like Tony Kanaan's "Frankenstein" chassis at Indy a few years back. Andretti Autosport had no choice in running that car, but SFR had plenty of time to create a professional looking Walgreen's show car to cement this sponsor. I love SFR & am a big fan of young Josef Newgarden, & I hope this approach works for them.
    "I just WON the Indy 500 & now I'm goin' to DETROIT!!!" :) :) -Ryan Hunter-Reay 500 banquet, May 26, 2014

Race CARS Not DOGS!!! Adopt or foster a retired greyhound -Me

I'm not on the Sarah Fisher nor the Walgreen's payroll
    I doubt you will be on theirs or mine anytime soon either.......... it's simply poor form to trash a potential client on a public forum. Perhaps instead of throwing them under the bus in public you could have called them and said, "I charge $100 an hour and I can have a simple wrap designed for you in an hour that will look a lot better for your event."

Who knows, maybe you would have gained a client.

Quote Originally Posted by smuff76 View Post
    I doubt you will be on theirs or mine anytime soon either.......... it's simply poor form to trash a potential client on a public forum. Perhaps instead of throwing them under the bus in public you could have called them and said, "I charge $100 an hour and I can have a simple wrap designed for you in an hour that will look a lot better for your event."

Who knows, maybe you would have gained a client.
    The SFR marketing dept. should already be well versed in the many groups that do this kind of work in Indianapolis. Harsh crits also don't have to equal to throwing ANYONE under the bus.

Too many praised the Emperor's New Clothes when they should have had the courtesy to tell him he was NAKED!!!

A press release that includes a smiley face is cringe-worthy. SFR better look at hiring a new PR person.

Has anyone given any thought to the notion that Walgreens selected the livery and not SFHR?
    Jeff Downer
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by indybail View Post
    Has anyone given any thought to the notion that Walgreens selected the livery and not SFHR?
    SFR is attempting to get Walgreen's on board as a sponsor... the drug store chain had ZERO input into this.

The team is borrowing a concept from Kenny Bernstein. He wanted to pitch Budweiser for his NHRA Funny Car team & couldn't get a solid commitment. So tired of waiting Bernstein painted up his car in full Budweiser livery, drove to A&B's St Louis corporate HQ, went up to the executive floor & told his contact to look out the window!!! The Budweiser people went crazy, rushed sown to the parking lot to check out Kenny's race car & happily signed the sponsorship deal

Quote Originally Posted by indybail View Post
    Exactly. I've not seen too many paint schemes in the past 10 years that didn't require sponsor/corporate approval.

Add in the fact that they have been renovating their stores and making that light blue prominent on the exterior near the entrance. Add in that SFR just had another corporate retail partner for the past three years in Dollar General, I'm sure they probably have a handle on this.

But what do I know, I'm not awesome...
    "The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains"
    - George Carlin

... --- ...
    I don't have a dog in the paint job fight, but I'd venture to say that every poster on this thread is happy for SFHR and thankful to Walgreen's (should this pan out), right?

...---...

Quote Originally Posted by bumpstop View Post
    A press release that includes a smiley face is cringe-worthy. SFR better look at hiring a new PR person.
    Careful. You've just criticized someone. We can't do that around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ARROWZ46 View Post
    SFR is attempting to get Walgreen's on board as a sponsor... the drug store chain had ZERO input into this.

The team is borrowing a concept from Kenny Bernstein. He wanted to pitch Budweiser for his NHRA Funny Car team & couldn't get a solid commitment. So tired of waiting Bernstein painted up his car in full Budweiser livery, drove to A&B's St Louis corporate HQ, went up to the executive floor & told his contact to look out the window!!! The Budweiser people went crazy, rushed sown to the parking lot to check out Kenny's race car & happily signed the sponsorship deal
    Walgreens didn't order a show car for the store opening they invited Sarah to participate in? That seems shortsighted.

Retired curmudgeon
    If Walgreens comes on board, will CVS build across the street from the new Fisher race shop?
    "Turn right to go left" Doc Hudson

Graham Rahal has been tweeting telling people to talk to Walgreens to show their support for sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by nascarnation View Post
    If Walgreens comes on board, will CVS build across the street from the new Fisher race shop?
    Lol. How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemat5150 View Post
    Graham Rahal has been tweeting telling people to talk to Walgreens to show their support for sponsorship
    Classy.

Cute. Interesting that I have more clients than ever. The number keeps on growing year in year out Good try though!
    I don't doubt that. Your work is great. Just tone down the "I didn't do it, so it is crap" tone and who knows what other clients you may get. It's a small world.

And, back on topic (my fault for taking off topic), hopefully SFHR can get Walgreens involved. I'll move my $1,000 (or so it seems) in FUSION razor blade purchases a year to there from CVS.

They have to, it's in there DNA. It'll just snowball from there,
    Pretty soon , It'll be the Drugstore wars. I can see it now:

Walgreens/SFHR vs CVS/HVM

Graham Rahal = Class Act

Blog Entries
    Graham Rahal = Class Act
    Too right. He's matured a lot.
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Graham Rahal = Class Act
    You know, he may just be a driver I'll be rooting for this year. The charitable work for the Wheldon auction and now telling people to support Walgreens to help out SFHR......too cool!

Our cute little Bella Boo irlracingfan's Avatar
    The IndyCar community is much like a large, extended family. Most look out for each other and seek to help each other as much as possible, while still engaging in fierce rivalries and competitions... much like the Manning boys of NFL fame.
    INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!