Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SFHR trying to get Walgreens

Hybrid View

Formerly MikaF1fan

SFHR trying to get Walgreens

http://sfhracing.com/walgreens-sarah...-racing-event/
    Walgreens is very interested in being on the team. Just to be clear, they are not a sponsor.... yet. =) By sharing this event with our fans and showing Walgreens just how supportive you are, we can show what INDYCAR is all about! We are privileged for Walgreens to have invited us to be part of this and providing us with this opportunity.
    With a big sponsor like Walgreens on the side I'd be happy.
    Last edited by doitagain; 01-18-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Ryan Briscoe 8
    James Hinchcliffe 27

Hey, if Walgreens signs on, I will immediately switch my biz from CVS to Walgreens.
    new sig pending

I'll be shocked if Walgreen's signs on with SFHR as a primary sponsor, my guess would be as a small associate. That's not to say if they did show up as a primary sponsor it wouldn't be in the game changer category for the team. I just don't believe that Walgreen's looked at the series and as glad as I am that Josef Newgarden got a ride, they decided to go in for the first time with a rookie driver and a small team as their best multi million dollar bet.

Some time back when Newman Haas was signing a new sponsor which turned out to be Telemundo my speculation was Walgreen's because their Deerfield, IL headquarters is about 20 miles from Lincolnshire. As Walgreen's adds their walk in clinics to more stores nationwide and they continue to expand the number of stores it would be to their benefit to sponsor a car in a series that runs from coast to coast. The benefit to a team and driver would be that they advertise heavily on TV and in print on a weekly basis and to include the driver even once in a while would reach millions of people.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

... --- ...
    If true, finally a sponsor I can support locally! I will switch all our business over to Walgreen's as well!
    ...---...

Here's what I wrote on their contact page:

I understand that Izod IndyCar Series team owner Sarah Fisher has been invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the grand re-opening of Walgreens at 1550 N. Meridian St.
    While my work schedule will prevent me from attending the event, as a life-long fan of IndyCar racing and a long-time customer of Walgreens I applaud any promotional and marketing efforts between the two entities. Furthermore, I can think of very few team owners who would match Sarah in her enthusiasm and ability to be a good spokesperson and ambassador for Walgreens.
    I encourage Walgreens to become an official partner with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing. It's a great team that won its first race last year. It's staffed with great people and Josef Newgarden is an upcoming American racing hero. The Izod IndyCar Series is a rising racing series that offers sponsors excellent value for the price. Please make it happen, Walgreens. Please join the Izod IndyCar Series!

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarSR View Post
    Here's what I wrote on their contact page:

I understand that Izod IndyCar Series team owner Sarah Fisher has been invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the grand re-opening of Walgreens at 1550 N. Meridian St.
    While my work schedule will prevent me from attending the event, as a life-long fan of IndyCar racing and a long-time customer of Walgreens I applaud any promotional and marketing efforts between the two entities. Furthermore, I can think of very few team owners who would match Sarah in her enthusiasm and ability to be a good spokesperson and ambassador for Walgreens.
    I encourage Walgreens to become an official partner with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing. It's a great team that won its first race last year. It's staffed with great people and Josef Newgarden is an upcoming American racing hero. The Izod IndyCar Series is a rising racing series that offers sponsors excellent value for the price. Please make it happen, Walgreens. Please join the Izod IndyCar Series!
    Very well said! Nicely done

Blog Entries
    My hypothesis:

SFR and Walgreens have reached a tentative agreement where Walgreens will lobby their vendors to sponsor the car in exchange for enhanced promotion and/or product placement. Walgreens will provide a limited amount of funding and will depend on its vendors to provide the bulk of the sponsorship. I.E. Target v2

Most Indycar sponsorships are structured to be b2b deals and this is an example of that.
    Admit Nothing, Deny Everything

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishin View Post
    My hypothesis:

SFR and Walgreens have reached a tentative agreement where Walgreens will lobby their vendors to sponsor the car in exchange for enhanced promotion and/or product placement. Walgreens will provide a limited amount of funding and will depend on its vendors to provide the bulk of the sponsorship. I.E. Target v2

Most Indycar sponsorships are structured to be b2b deals and this is an example of that.
    Like Target does with Dario's car for instance?

Our cute little Bella Boo irlracingfan's Avatar
    I posted this on Sarah's link.

"I will pledge my support and business to Walgreen’s if they will pledge their support and sponsorship to Sarah Fisher-Hartman Racing!

IndyCar Series fans are VERY loyal to the companies who sponsor IndyCar Series teams and drivers!"

Hopefully many more will follow. If we want the Series, its teams and drivers to succeed, we should do our best to show sponsors that getting involved with the Series is a POSITVE!!!
    INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    Hey, if Walgreens signs on, I will immediately switch my biz from CVS to Walgreens.
    Ditto!

Contact Walgreens here:
    http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/c...sp?h1=Customer service &h2=Other service&h3=Corporate&h4=consumer
    ...Always follow the money

Rather unfortunate paint scheme on the car in the article. Hopefully if this deal comes together they'll design something a little more aesthetically pleasing.
    RIP Daniel Clive Wheldon, 2005 & 2011 Indianapolis 500 Champion

In the cornfields 37.4 miles west of 16th and Georgetown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luy View Post
    Rather unfortunate paint scheme on the car in the article. Hopefully if this deal comes together they'll design something a little more aesthetically pleasing.
    I think that is real basic. I'm sure the finished product would be much better.

I'm 100% CVS....and open to change
    I Love May!

W by itself on front wing makes it look like Washington Nationals:
    Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

Insider
    Live in the Indianapolis area? Then get your butt to the Walgreens store at 1530 N. Meridian Street at 9:30 AM tomorrow (Thursday). No excuses!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Buellboy View Post
    Live in the Indianapolis area? Then get your butt to the Walgreens store at 1530 N. Meridian Street at 9:30 AM tomorrow (Thursday). No excuses!
    There is still time. Support the sport and SFHR!

Check Graham's tweet again....first message was....don't forget Walgreens was already a sponsor in 2010 with quicktrim...or, I brought them here first when I ran on Dads team at Indy!

Graham is getting better, I'm a supporter, but there is still a lot of "look at me too" in the guy....not bad though for a guy pushing 23 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by goldie19 View Post
    Check Graham's tweet again....first message was....don't forget Walgreens was already a sponsor in 2010 with quicktrim...or, I brought them here first when I ran on Dads team at Indy!

Graham is getting better, I'm a supporter, but there is still a lot of "look at me too" in the guy....not bad though for a guy pushing 23 years old!
    I don't think he was doing the "look at me too" thing I think it was a matter of showing that they have supported the series before and he is returning the favor to Sarah because she helped him get the service central sponsorship.

There are Walgreens all over Wisconsin and I have friends that work for them. This would be a great sponsor to have in the Indycar Series. I love Sarah Fisher Racing, always working hard to find sponsors and make things happen. Yo Conquest....Coyne...you listening and watching?
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

I keep getting error messages on the Walgreens site. Grrr.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be misquoted and used against you.

Never heard of Walgreens before, but the name sounds Swedish so it has to be a great company.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezzen View Post
    Never heard of Walgreens before, but the name sounds Swedish so it has to be a great company.
    They're probably the biggest pharmacy/sundries retailer in the US. If they're not, they're awfully close. You can't swing a cat in America without hitting one of their stores.
    TrackForum Pick 5 2014 Point Standings

"I believe that God is love, and that's enough..." John Wetton

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by ZUL8TR View Post
    I keep getting error messages on the Walgreens site. Grrr.
    Me too.

I agree with Mike here. If you're trying to lure a sponsor, you really need to pull out all the stops. Those ripping on him because "it's just a thrown-together mockup" are probably missing the point.

That whole discussion aside, people in Indy need to show up for this thing! Walgreens would be a nice national get for the series, so even though I'm not in Indy, everyone should be hoping for a good turnout and impression by SFHR tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    Make sure you let Walgreens know!

Blog Entries
    I have to say SFHR goes the extra mile. They really are the example other teams should follow. Hire a deserving driver to a long term contract not one who can bring a check. And then go out and work for it.
    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Do what you can to support getting a young American potential star a full time ride in the series. Kthnx.

I usually don't care either way but if this is the case I'll make it a point to get my busienss done at Walgreens instead of CVS.
    "Unfortunately, the business types who now permeate the sport don't share this same gut centered devotion. I can only hope that the truly addicted will prevail, and that the original spirit of open wheel competition will somehow manage to survive and prosper into the future."
    -Dr. Stephen Olvey

Quote Originally Posted by smuff76 View Post
    Or.......... his comment was in regards to "The car looks pretty good" part of the OP's statement.

Either way, as you said, hopefully Walgreens isn't reading this thread because that was my point all along.........He basically threw it under the bus in public. If Walgreens was reading this what do you think their impression would be? I was hoping this wouldn't devolve into an issue, I think the design speaks for itself.

I rarely post on the livery threads, so I'm not sure how that pertains to me.
    I'm not on the Sarah Fisher nor the Walgreen's payroll so it's not my responsibility to kiss their sponsors ass. I have every right to my opinion and freedom to post that opinion here, provided its done within the rules of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    I'm not on the Sarah Fisher nor the Walgreen's payroll so it's not my responsibility to kiss their sponsors ass. I have every right to my opinion and freedom to post that opinion here, provided its done within the rules of this forum.
    Totally agree.

Sarah Fisher Racing is taking quite an unorthodox approach to this Walgreen's sponsorship, so IMO, they should have consulted a professional to guarantee their show car was a complete knock out in getting the drug store company excited about the sport of Indycar.

This car looks thrown together & a bit like Tony Kanaan's "Frankenstein" chassis at Indy a few years back. Andretti Autosport had no choice in running that car, but SFR had plenty of time to create a professional looking Walgreen's show car to cement this sponsor. I love SFR & am a big fan of young Josef Newgarden, & I hope this approach works for them.
    "I just WON the Indy 500 & now I'm goin' to DETROIT!!!" :) :) -Ryan Hunter-Reay 500 banquet, May 26, 2014

Race CARS Not DOGS!!! Adopt or foster a retired greyhound -Me

Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    I'm not on the Sarah Fisher nor the Walgreen's payroll
    I doubt you will be on theirs or mine anytime soon either.......... it's simply poor form to trash a potential client on a public forum. Perhaps instead of throwing them under the bus in public you could have called them and said, "I charge $100 an hour and I can have a simple wrap designed for you in an hour that will look a lot better for your event."

Who knows, maybe you would have gained a client.