Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: rFactor: 2011/2012 IndyCar Skins?

Registered User uncommonsense52's Avatar

rFactor: 2011/2012 IndyCar Skins?

Hi

Does anyone know where I can find skins that are reflective of the 2011 IndyCar series. I have the 2010 mod by AOWSS, but the skins are obviously out of date. I like racing offline.

Or even better, if there's somewhere to get 2012 skins.

In general, does anyone know a good location to find skins, besides rFactor central?

Thanks.

Like this: www.nogripracing.com, im not really sure if its right cos I am not really familiar with that!
    For every "Drive Safely" sign, shouldn't there be a "Resume Normal Driving" sign? !!!
    See or Top Gear videos sometime!

Thanks for trying! But I've been all over No Grip's site, and I didn't find 2011 IndyCars.

But that's okay, I made up my mind to paint the 2012 cars myself on to an old ChampCar mod, figuring that the 2012 car is more like the 2007 DP 01 than the 2005 Dallara.

Just don't tell the rest of Track Forum, they'll kill me xD

Hey about this: http://tucker65.deviantart.com/gallery/
    saw this while browsing some indycar stuff

"It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

That looks awesome, but it's for rFactor2, and my computer can't handle the requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Julie L View Post
    Hey about this: http://tucker65.deviantart.com/gallery/
    saw this while browsing some indycar stuff
    That's actually my deviantart page.

I'm working to put the model I did in rfactor soon. I've got it in game, just have to update it a bit.

The original Servia fan numetalbizkit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saidhead View Post
    I've got it in game, just have to update it a bit.
    Speaking of that...

I am a fan of the IZOD IndyCar Series, Formula 1, and AMA Supercross in that respective order.

Quote Originally Posted by numetalbizkit View Post
    Speaking of that...
    yikes what happened to that mesh! did you run a poly cruncher on that or something?

The original Servia fan numetalbizkit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    yikes what happened to that mesh! did you run a poly cruncher on that or something?
    It was a basic export. Lost a lot of detail in 3dSimEd when it was exported. It's not mine though, it's saidhead's. He's still working on it, anyway, so no reason to worry about something very fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by numetalbizkit View Post
    It was a basic export. Lost a lot of detail in 3dSimEd when it was exported. It's not mine though, it's saidhead's. He's still working on it, anyway, so no reason to worry about something very fixable.
    Tyler -- email me. Don't use 3DSimEd! I'll give you my source export scenes from my mods so you can use the shaders and scaling and stuff.

If you are talking about IZOD Indy Car Series Version 1:02, I have 49 2011 replica paint schemes done but no painted helmets, because I can't find the helmet template for the mod to paint.

Also I don't have 3ds max to render with.
    Last edited by kpf48; 02-07-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpf48 View Post
    If you are talking about IZOD Indy Car Series Version 1:02, I have 49 2011 paint schemes done but no painted helmets, because I can't find the helmet template for the mod to paint.

Also I don't have 3ds max to render with.
    Here's the helmet and suit:
    http://www.petersmotorsports.com/Ind...iverHelmet.rar

Thank you

That's actually my deviantart page.

I'm working to put the model I did in rfactor soon. I've got it in game, just have to update it a bit.
    Saidhead, any update on this indy 2012 mod, it was looking promising, I'd really like ot see it in rF1?

Quote Originally Posted by kmw350 View Post
    Saidhead, any update on this indy 2012 mod, it was looking promising, I'd really like ot see it in rF1?
    It's getting there. Currently working on getting the steering wheel in-game and functioning correctly. Next will be a bump map for the car.

Excellent, keep up the good work, looking forward to it!

It's getting there. Currently working on getting the steering wheel in-game and functioning correctly. Next will be a bump map for the car.
    Let me know if you need help. It can be tricky setting the pivots and stuff.

Any update on this mod? I cant really overstate how cool it would be to have at least a beta version out in time for the 500.

Well, here's my random project.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2py7pyb.jpg

I'm painting the 2012 IndyCar liveries onto the 2007 ChampCars, because that mod seems very lonely on rFactorCentral lol. I'm also making AI Talent files for them.

Basically 3 more full time drivers to go.

Good job uncommonsense. Would you be willing to upload this? I am waiting for a 2012 Indycar to appear for rf1 or GSC, but this would do very well in the meantime.

Cheers

We're getting there on the 2012 mod. Have been updating the template to incorporate the bumpers for Indy as well as the mirrors.

Good job uncommonsense. Would you be willing to upload this? I am waiting for a 2012 Indycar to appear for rf1 or GSC, but this would do very well in the meantime.

Cheers
    Totally, it's been the plan the whole time to upload it to rFactorCentral anyways.

I was hoping to have it done before the season opener, but that would have pretty much meant around the clock photoshopping My brain can't take that, I'm just bored, not an artist!

Oh yeah, and there was that matter of Dragon Racing not debuting their cars on time lol.

But yeah, they'll get uploaded to rFactorCentral soon I think. Never uploaded anything before though, so we'll see how that goes.

Edit: Here's another pic of the the whole field.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2a5b0oj.jpg

Bourdais, Legge and Briscoe are all that's left. And I just found out that what Power ran in the preseason testing isn't exactly what he's running now. The order of the sponsors and the color of the numbers have changed. That wanker! I'm probably too laze to fix it haha.
    Last edited by uncommonsense52; 05-04-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52 View Post
    Totally, it's been the plan the whole time to upload it to rFactorCentral anyways.

I was hoping to have it done before the season opener, but that would have pretty much meant around the clock photoshopping My brain can't take that, I'm just bored, not an artist!

Oh yeah, and there was that matter of Dragon Racing not debuting their cars on time lol.

But yeah, they'll get uploaded to rFactorCentral soon I think. Never uploaded anything before though, so we'll see how that goes.
    Great news, looking forward to using them, thanks for making them available

We're getting there on the 2012 mod. Have been updating the template to incorporate the bumpers for Indy as well as the mirrors.
    Thanks for the update saidhead, looking very good so far

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52 View Post

Bourdais, Legge and Briscoe are all that's left. And I just found out that what Power ran in the preseason testing isn't exactly what he's running now. The order of the sponsors and the color of the numbers have changed. That wanker! I'm probably too laze to fix it haha.
    I'm having trouble installing the champcar 07 mod, can you remember having a problem when you installed it? I've tried it with and without the 1.2 patch, it loads the menu but crashes when I get to a circuit

I'm having trouble installing the champcar 07 mod, can you remember having a problem when you installed it? I've tried it with and without the 1.2 patch, it loads the menu but crashes when I get to a circuit
    That's an odd problem, I never encountered it. But I do know that the 07 mod is very strange in that it creates it's own Vehicle folder. I wonder if that could be messing with it? Maybe not.

I have a few trouble-shooting suggestions.

1) Reinstall the game. I've done this probably 5 times now. Sometimes one mod changes something that another mod needs. I've got two versions of rFactor on my computer right now, and I change the root folder depending on what mods I'm using. One version is for this ChampCar 07 mod alone, so that when I release these files, I know they're not going to mess anyone up. The other version is the everything else version.

2) Check the RFM file for anything suspicious. Sometimes things don't match up in there like they should. I don't have any more specific advice for that one.

3) Email IDT? Google the problem?

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm reading over the thread on the mod on rFactorCentral right now, so if I find anything, I'll let you know. A lot of people complained when it first came out about it crashing. But I haven't seen any fixes, so I don't know. I'll keep looking.

Follow up:

Someone in that thread said this:

"I may have a solution for you guys. It worked for me. I'm running Windows vista.

In the .rfm file(champ07.rfm) you find the following rule: VehiclesDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLESCC\

change it to this:
    VehiclesDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\VEHICLESCC\

Now the champcar mod should work with vista, xp en windows 7. "

Alternatively, a few people said that the mod didn't work with a certain spotter plugin. I didn't know which one they were talking about.

I dunno if any of that helps. But give it a shot.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate the help, I'll give the suggestions a try, I usually get these things running in the end!

looks like you still have the bump map from my mod on there make sure to make a new one for your car!

Well done!

Yeah, I've had plans to do the bump map for a while now, just haven't got to it yet.