Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 141

Thread: Question For Mods, Editing Posts

  1. #31
    Insider
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Carson Valley, Nv
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    So, if I inferred (or said outright) that Ernie is a blowhard, I'd get a vacation too?

    Ernie, you're a blowhard.

    But in the nicest possible way, I'm sure. Have a nice day!
    It's not what we infer that gets us in trouble, it's what we imply.

    (For a small fee I also correct spelling errors)

  2. #32
    A friend of Hal. midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    West Allis (via Indy)
    Posts
    16,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    You mean, like this?

    Is this the follow-up to Death Spasm's on Mt. Murabachi, or whatever it was?
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

  3. #33
    ...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    out of touch
    Posts
    27,471
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    So, if I inferred (or said outright) that Ernie is a blowhard, I'd get a vacation too?

    Ernie, you're a blowhard.

    But in the nicest possible way, I'm sure. Have a nice day!
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.”
    "I haven't heard of any limit to cross-flexing. But, like the regular flexing, it's going to be used quite sparingly. "
    “I'm getting tired of you. You never push a noun against a verb without trying to blow up something.”

  4. #34
    Jam Scientist Jamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oochy coochy koo
    Posts
    15,555
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindervillain View Post
    It's not what we infer that gets us in trouble, it's what we imply.

    (For a small fee I also correct spelling errors)
    I'm sorry, but that's Spike's raison d'ętre.
    TrackForum Pick 5 2014 Point Standings

    "I believe that God is love, and that's enough..." John Wetton

    Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

  5. #35
    Insider
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Carson Valley, Nv
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's Spike's raison d'ętre.
    You get what you pay for.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    So, if I inferred (or said outright) that Ernie is a blowhard, I'd get a vacation too?

    Ernie, you're a blowhard.

    But in the nicest possible way, I'm sure. Have a nice day!
    Who knows if you would get a vacation or not? If you had bothered to follow the thread from the beginning you would know thats what I and many other posters want to be cut and dried around here. Will the moderator suspend you or edit your post? The instigator gets a free pass while the person who responds gets a vacation. Maybe thats how they do things in Tennessee but in Oklahoma we do whats right. You have a nice day too. Ernest

  7. #37
    Jam Scientist Jamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oochy coochy koo
    Posts
    15,555
    Blog Entries
    2
    ...well, let's see...ten posts in this thread alone, with varying levels of belligerence...also, can please you name some of these "many posters" you say agree with you...I wait with bated breath...

    ...Howard's not here, I feel I have to fill in for him, you see...

  8. #38
    BAMF bever911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West of Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    ...well, let's see...ten posts in this thread alone, with varying levels of belligerence...also, can please you name some of these "many posters" you say agree with you...I wait with bated breath...

    ...Howard's not here, I feel I have to fill in for him, you see...
    I'm sure they are all in his white paper.
    Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
    Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

    "There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by midtown View Post
    Is this the follow-up to Death Spasm's on Mt. Murabachi, or whatever it was?
    Not exactly, but I like your spin on that. May I use it?



    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

  10. #40
    A friend of Hal. midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    West Allis (via Indy)
    Posts
    16,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Not exactly, but I like your spin on that. May I use it?


    Feel free.

  11. #41

    Helmet Killed Again

    We just couldn't get Helmet to back off the throttle in those high speed inverted spins..............





    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EHFup4cW-p...lender_002.bmp

  12. #42
    just a fan Indy-hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    So, if I inferred (or said outright) that Ernie is a blowhard, I'd get a vacation too?

    Ernie, you're a blowhard.

    But in the nicest possible way, I'm sure. Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Miller View Post
    Who knows if you would get a vacation or not? If you had bothered to follow the thread from the beginning you would know thats what I and many other posters want to be cut and dried around here. Will the moderator suspend you or edit your post? The instigator gets a free pass while the person who responds gets a vacation. Maybe thats how they do things in Tennessee but in Oklahoma we do whats right. You have a nice day too. Ernest
    The difference I see is that, in context, Jim's post is clearly an attempt at humor.

    And, I think that explains alot.

  13. #43
    Insider
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Carson Valley, Nv
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy-hp View Post
    The difference I see is that, in context, Jim's post is clearly an attempt at humor.

    And, I think that explains alot.
    Wait a minute; humor is serious ****. Don't go taking it lightly.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy-hp View Post
    I don't know what Ernest said to get a vacation, but I know better than to respond in kind.

    I also have had two, maybe three posts edited in 7 years, and have never figured out why one violation gets an edit and another gets a vacation. I really do think some are liked better than othes, but perhaps it's because they have established a record over the years of not responding in kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    ...well, let's see...ten posts in this thread alone, with varying levels of belligerence...also, can please you name some of these "many posters" you say agree with you...I wait with bated breath...

    ...Howard's not here, I feel I have to fill in for him, you see...
    Like I said earlier, you skipped over the posts you wanted to skip over. And for you to infer I am making up my "many posters" claim is an insult to me as well. And belligerance to you is just me asking questions? It seems to me I would have every right to be belligerant with you for questioning my honesty. Everything I have said on this thread is documented fact.

  15. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy-hp View Post
    The difference I see is that, in context, Jim's post is clearly an attempt at humor.

    And, I think that explains alot.
    The old "just kidding" excuse? Surely you can come up with something better than that to defend your friend. I find your attempt to justify your friends insult at me lacking. Ernest

  16. #46
    ...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    out of touch
    Posts
    27,471
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    I wait with bated breath...
    Truely spoken like a man who has spent too many hours underground.

  17. #47
    ...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    out of touch
    Posts
    27,471
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Miller View Post
    And for you to infer I am making up my "many posters" claim is an insult to me as well. And belligerance to you is just me asking questions? .
    No. He was just asking you a question which you refuse to answer.
    Then in the next breath you defend your right to ask questions.
    I love the stench of irony late at night.

  18. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    No. He was just asking you a question which you refuse to answer.
    Then in the next breath you defend your right to ask questions.
    I love the stench of irony late at night.
    Numb, I clearly quoted IndyHp as one of the posters asking the same question as me. How did you miss it? The stench you smell is obviously not irony. Ernest

  19. #49
    Insider
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,940
    One = many?

  20. #50
    Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Deep in the Minnesota Woods
    Posts
    8,951
    I've had messages deleted and edited. It's just normal housekeeping for the occasional errant out of place comment. We all have spontaneous brain farts. I don't worry about it. It was posted and done and not my board. I will say, if it seems a consistent problem for someone then some introspection might be in order.
    Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all) Real name: David Stovall, Tonka Bay, MN
    Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
    Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

  21. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
    I've had messages deleted and edited. It's just normal housekeeping for the occasional errant out of place comment. We all have spontaneous brain farts. I don't worry about it. It was posted and done and not my board. I will say, if it seems a consistent problem for someone then some introspection might be in order.
    Well said David. Still an explanation is not asking too much on why whole threads of my posts get deleted. Ernest

  22. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by mstove View Post
    One = many?
    If I gave you a thousand names it wouldn't be enough. Ernest

  23. #53
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    37,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Miller View Post
    The old "just kidding" excuse? Surely you can come up with something better than that to defend your friend. I find your attempt to justify your friends insult at me lacking. Ernest
    You're not suggesting that we start taking you serious are you?
    "Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."



  24. #54
    Insider Truth Detector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rolling Lakes Yacht Club
    Posts
    49,809
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

  25. #55
    Jam Scientist Jamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oochy coochy koo
    Posts
    15,555
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    You're not suggesting that we start taking you serious are you?
    That's it, right there. We all take this stuff too seriously. Life's too short to worry about trivialities.

    And I reckon that's as much good as I can do here.

  26. #56
    BAMF bever911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West of Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
    That's it, right there. We all take this stuff too seriously. Life's too short to worry about trivialities.

    And I reckon that's as much good as I can do here.
    see my signature for some wise advise from Todd Snider

  27. #57
    Jam Scientist Jamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Oochy coochy koo
    Posts
    15,555
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bever911 View Post
    see my signature for some wise advise from Todd Snider
    One of my favorite TS tunes! I think the Devil's Backbone Tavern is a real place, and I also think I've been there...

  28. #58
    A friend of Hal. midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    West Allis (via Indy)
    Posts
    16,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Maybe:


  29. #59
    ...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    out of touch
    Posts
    27,471
    Blog Entries
    2

  30. #60
    People have often remarked that Helmet and Nicki could have been brothers.

    Last edited by Doc Austin; 03-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •