Thread: Detriot promotion

Detriot promotion

This is along the lines of things I have suggested for MIS.

http://www.detroitgp.com/tickets/index.cfm?cid=17697

The Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix’s Car Corrals are a fun and unique way to experience world-class auto racing in Detroit at the beautiful Raceway at Belle Isle Park. The Grand Prix provides the perfect opportunity for car enthusiasts to gather together with fellow owners and collectors to enjoy a high-speed weekend in the Motor City.

CAR CORRAL PACKAGE INCLUDES

- Grandstand Seating
    - Paddock Pass
    - Premium Parking Location on Belle Isle
    - Snacks & Beverages
    - Special Guest Appearances

Still not enough to get me to a street race, especially Belle Isle, but if they had it at MIS then it would be a bonus.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

The promotion for this race has been exceptional the past couple weeks. Several local morning shows have had drivers on as guests, and the show car has been all over town. Seems heavier than past years.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Someone linked an article in another thread with RB stating the sales in Detroit are going really good
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    The promotion for this race has been exceptional the past couple weeks. Several local morning shows have had drivers on as guests, and the show car has been all over town. Seems heavier than past years.
    Your Lucky... The Toronto Race has had nothing.... I mean NOTHING! It's a joke! I see on my satellite TV Adds for the Edmonton race all the time...They know how to promote.

Good to hear that it's being advertised well. While I'm not a big fan of the track, it will be good if people show up! Always a plus since GM wants to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashman View Post
    Your Lucky... The Toronto Race has had nothing.... I mean NOTHING! It's a joke! I see on my satellite TV Adds for the Edmonton race all the time...They know how to promote.
    If it's not being heavily advertised in a week we may have a problem but I still think it's a little early. The hardcore fans probably already know about the race and the others aren't going to commit to going until a couple weeks beforehand.

I just want 1994 back. Formula Indy's Avatar
    MIS has done that before for Indycar events. I went to the last Corvette one and it was really cool because it included a track lap. This ended up being a 100+ track lap I still have my Corvettes at MIS shirt!
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
    " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd