Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide race thread

Nationwide race thread

Didn't know if anyone was interested or not...

It looks like the crowd is a little better than yesterday...
    "All things seem possible in May."
    - Edwin Way Teale

Registered User David_Skywalker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Didn't know if anyone was interested or not...

Debateable. This is sad. IMO the crowd yesterday was fine for a sportscar race. This crowd is not good for a Nationwide race.
    Just wait 'till next year!

On vacation

Yes, it sucks a little less then yesterday....which was completely embarrassing.

IMS should only hold races for Indy Cars and Cup Cars. No more Indy Lights abominations. No more sports car races with a few thousand folks attending. No more AAA NASCAR races or bike races. And they should blow that ridiculous road course up tomorrow.
    Prime Minister of Gackland

Well...what to say on that one!

Kurt Busch is not having a good day either...

Danica hit him from behind, but Sorenson must have been really slow on entry. The closing rate was very abnormal, and it sounded like she was way out of it.

Well...what to say on that one!
    How about, "...never drink concession stand expresso?"

Dan

Irony:

1) Interview with Danica after release from Care Center.
    2) Replay of the accident.
    3) Cut to commercial - A Nationwide ad featuring Danica talking about Auto Accident Insurance.

Deceased equine abuse encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifositoo View Post
    How about, "...never drink concession stand expresso?"

Dan
    I was trying to be politically correct on this thread LOL! It was hard though...

Little Dillon sure looks good so far.

Resident of the NE Vista Mario4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Yes, it sucks a little less then yesterday....which was completely embarrassing.

IMS should only hold races for Indy Cars and Cup Cars. No more Indy Lights abominations. No more sports car races with a few thousand folks attending. No more AAA NASCAR races or bike races. And they should blow that ridiculous road course up tomorrow.
    Not sure if the crowd is going to be much less embarrassing tomorrow. I drove by the track yesterday and today. The camping and RV population seems to be really light.
    "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

There seem to be enough people in attendance to fill the stands over at LORP.

Now THAT is irony...
    “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ChampcarChuck View Post
    Danica hit him from behind, but Sorenson must have been really slow on entry. The closing rate was very abnormal, and it sounded like she was way out of it.
    I have no idea why NASCAR even allows other cars on the track when Danica's out there. Everybody else always seems to get in her way. Sarcasm smilie.

Reed Sorenson was ahead of her. At that point he was faster than her. She tried to drive right through him. There's no excuse for that. The video, and her in-car, didn't show he was going "abnormally slow", and even the commentators said that the camera tells the story, and she could see what the closing rate was. Or at least she should have, if she was paying attention. And there were two cameras telling that story, and it wasn't Reed's fault. At least she had the maturity to admit it in her interview and didn't try once again to blame it on someone else. I'll give her props for that.
    "Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." C. McDonald

On vacation
    Pretty classy interview from Sorenson.

I kinda doubt that if the tables had been turned and it was Reed who punted Sterling Patrick, that she would have been so hospitable towards him.

And another shocker...Brian Scott crashes. Never would have guessed that.

I make a nice visit to Elliott Sadler. You shouldn't have jumped that restart.

How about Pastrana? What a good race so far for him.

I've been following racing since the 70s. That was one of the worst official calls I've ever seen! That was no jumping the start!

That was a terrible call, Austin Dillon was bump drafting him all the way down the straightaway.

I don't think Sam has enough time to catch Kez sadly. I would like to see Sam get a win.

That was a terrible call by NASCAR. Completely hosed Sadler.

Penske 1-2. Nice.

Insider
    Terrible call by NASCAR? Well, he got the lead unfairly. If they let him continue, how fair was that to Brad Keslowski?

Fake Shemp
    Move it back to IRP!
    "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." Murray Walker

Quote Originally Posted by NoviVespa View Post
    Terrible call by NASCAR? Well, he got the lead unfairly. If they let him continue, how fair was that to Brad Keslowski?
    What he should have done was hit the brakes and after the 26 car pile-up said "I hated it for the guys who got wrecked, but I knew I would get black flagged if I passed so I did the only thing I could to follow the rules".
    Never argue with an idiot.They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by racer x-f1 View Post
    Move it back to IRP!
    "They all preach safe racing but when you try to pass them they're douchebags." - JPM

Terrible call by NASCAR. You can control your car. You shouldn't be penalized when someone else shoves you forward. Never mind that the rule is dumb to begin with...

Move it back to IRP!
    Sweet sweet karma for moving the race to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by jonesi View Post
    I've been following racing since the 70s. That was one of the worst official calls I've ever seen! That was no jumping the start!
    Unlike with USAC back-in-the-day, NASCAR is black and white. Hit the line before the leader? Black Flagged. I like Elliott, but just like Tony Stewart has done in the past, yes - anything possible to NOT hit that line first. He could have easily waved his hand and backed off. If you let it happen once, it will happen 100 more times and then always be a gray area.

Like Teddy says, if thay had not blagged flagged Sadler, Brad K would have been the one who got screwed.
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Insider
    What would have been proper to do, would be that Elliott give the lead back to Brad Keslwoski, but, I guess the rules don't allow for that contingency.

Like another poster said, which I brought up earlier, if no penalty was issued to Elliott, then Brad would have the lead taken away from him illegally.

South Carolina; The tailgating capital of the world
    Move it back to IRP!
    Its all about what the fans want.

Except when it isnt

I got no problem with a motorcycle race at Indy. Motorcycles were racing there before anyone ever thought of scheduling a 500 mile event.

Grandfather clause and all that.

I dont really have a problem with the Freedom 100 either but if it was eliminated I wouldnt lose any sleep over it. Carb Day is all about the hour before the 100.

But adding a R/C race and the NNS race in hopes of giving some juice to the 400 weekend looks like it was a dud of an idea.

Infield looked barren from the helicopter shots today. Ditto Georgetown. Ditto Coke Lot.

No idea how many people were there- think I will just leave it at that

Maybe adding an ARCA race or K&N East race in 2013 is what they need to really give the weekend some pop?
    "I was thinking about retiring, but I think I'll stick around a few more years just to aggravate him" -Billy Pauch

Team Helio... We Believe 3Paige14's Avatar
    Why should Brad even be in the field in the first place? Wasn't he one of the Nationwide-only guys a few years ago who would complain about Cup drivers running?

Bad call by NASCAR. Dillion was on Elliott's bumper. If he'd hit his brakes, he would be blamed for causing a big wreck.

I miss the race at the little track (I don't know what it's named anymore).
    My Twitter Profile (feel free to follow): www.twitter.com/3Paige14

My Blog: http://femaleindycarfan.blogspot.com/

Proud Supporter of Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Sage Karam, Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, and Michael Shank Racing + Many Others in the Motorsports World

Lionheart Forever

South Carolina; The tailgating capital of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Paige14 View Post
    I miss the race at the little track (I don't know what it's named anymore).
    I still say IRP.

It rolls off the tongue and the keyboard so much easier than LORP

Thumbs down

Elliott Sadler got SCREWED. That call was pure unadulterated BULLCRAP and the knucklehead who made the call should be hung!
    GO DANICA!!!

I'm sure PT will buy ES a beer so they cant cry on eachothers shoulders
    You can be a critical fan without being a Critic... Or can you? Quit your b'tchn and enjoy the racing :D