Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: R. Miller - Four or five owners looking to buy the series

R. Miller - Four or five owners looking to buy the series

Just reported it on Wind Tunnel, and he also says this is more than. "just a rumor."
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Good God, why?
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    Good God, why?
    You want me to start at the beginning, cause this might take awhile.

If the owners buy the series it will officially be a club sport. What a sad state of affairs. Not saying the current owners are doing any better- it just reinforces the idea that no one cares anymore except for the people trying to not lose their shirts.

I hope they do, as I'm sick of reading about them complaining about management.

You have got to be kiddung me right? We finally get things moving in a positive direction and the idiot owners want control again? Did you all take stupid pills this morning? Remember what happened last time? And we wonder why most of the Americna public won't take Indycar seriously. Do you watch Indycar? Oh, you mean that series that keeps re-inventing itself every 2 years and can't decide who owns it or whether it's even one series or 2? Seriously. Owners, but the hell out of it. You had your chance. You failed. Infact the likes of Rodger Penske, Chip Ganassi, Michael Andretti, and Mo Nunn all decided to give control of their teams back to an actual series leader (IRL) before the inevitable collapse. And now you want to try it again? Seriously, I'm getting rather close to deciding that the only real racing left in the world is F1. AND I'M AN OVAL FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by doitagain; 08-20-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Let me guess, Penske, Rahal, Ganassi and Kevin Kalkhoven the tail always wants to wag the dog in this sport. These guys will just never get it will they?

I am so relieved that IndyCar has not lost its desire to find ways to fail, but where is the innovative spirit? Why fail in a way IndyCar has already failed? Why not fail in a new way?

Blog Entries
    They honestly couldn't do any worse.

Champ Car? They already did worse. Does anybody remember the recent past? The owners already killed an IndyCar series.

We hear bulls**t like this every season. Never happens. First it was TG trying to take over again, then it was Barnes trying to get RB fired so they could bring back TG, then it was the owners wanted Barnhart back. Its crap people! Its crap.

We hear nonsense like this every year. Never fails. Its not going to happen. Even Nascar could not purchase Indycar which they reportedly once tried to do, dont ya think that billionaire France family over there could lay a better offer on the table than a few b!tchin Indycar owners who supposingly cant even afford a $75,000 aero kit?

So until proven otherwise, I call it BS! Chill out people. Robin hasnt been in the news much lately. Has to keep up.
    RS's CURRENT TOP 5 DRIVERS: #1 Scott Dixon, #2 Ryan Hunter Reay, #3 Will Power, #4 Simon Pagenaud, #5 Sebastien Bourdais
    T5 EQUAL CARS:#1 Scott Dixon, #2 Sebastien Bourdais, #3 Simon Pagenaud, #4 Ryan Hunter Reay, #5 Will Power

The part that he didn't reveal was that the owners wanting to buy the series are Sarah Fisher, Ed Carpenter, John Barnes, and the guys at Dreyer-Rinebold Racing.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the Hulmans would be willing to sell.
    Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel.

~John Quinton~

Quote Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
    I am so relieved that IndyCar has not lost its desire to find ways to fail, but where is the innovative spirit? Why fail in a way IndyCar has already failed? Why not fail in a new way?
    +1
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Quote Originally Posted by Racing Steward View Post
    a few b!tchin Indycar owners who supposingly cant even afford a $75,000 aero kit?
    Haha, that's great, haha.

I was suprised and disappointed to hear that news on Wind Tunnel. A series run by owners, all with thier own agenda, will fail just as CART did. IMHO, Randy Bernard has worked his ass off trying to fix a series crippled by 17+ yrs of greed, politics and power plays. I don't think anyone could do better. While he has made some bad decisions, most have been pretty good. I believe he is more capable than any 5 owners combined.
    Now,,, the big question is will the Hulman family sell?

Registered User David_Skywalker's Avatar
    You know the first time they tried this it worked, until the egos took over.
    Just wait 'till next year!

Blog Entries
    Big difference between not being able to afford and not buying something because it adds 0 value to your product.

doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    SEC Country (Kansas City/Columbia, Missouri)
    CART is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

the only reason CART failed was because there were 2 series......CART was just fine before 1996, this should actually be a good thing
    The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 20 Wins---77 Podiums---16 Pole Positions---39 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit World Record 27 Consecutive Points Finishes

Devil's Advocate: So IMS gets to run the 500 and the owners get to run the rest of the series? Isn't that kinda how it worked until 1995...you know, when IndyCar racing was at it's zenith?

Quote Originally Posted by David_Skywalker View Post
    You know the first time they tried this it worked, until the egos took over.
    it wasn't the team owner's egos.......

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014 IEFA State Champs

D-O-O-M-E-D!

Quote Originally Posted by railroad View Post
    yes, I'm sure the sisters would LOVE to get rid of IndyCar and just focus on the 500

Quote Originally Posted by DanFan View Post
    You have got to be kidding me right?
    My feelings exactly.
    Last edited by doitagain; 08-20-2012 at 04:58 AM.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...o-sell-Indycar.

What did JP know and when did he know it?

Quote Originally Posted by millrace View Post
    If the owners buy the series it will officially be a club sport. What a sad state of affairs. Not saying the current owners are doing any better- it just reinforces the idea that no one cares anymore except for the people trying to not lose their shirts.
    thats the way the NFL is run......each owner gets a vote and they hire Roger Goodell to run it.......same deal

Registered User uncommonsense52's Avatar
    I'm not against a new CART/IMS relationship, like we had from 1979-1995. In fact, that'd be a very nice relationship I think.

The problem is that right now, I think the series needs to show stability. The series isn't going to go under, Randy's got it back in the black. But the sport is always going through upheaval, and it makes it hard for anyone ...fans, sponsors, teams, owners, drivers, track promoters, networks... to feel comfortable investing in the series. A change in ownership, or management, is just going to make that discomfort the same or worse.

The "owners own the sport" formula might be the optimum formula, but right now, it's not the best one.

Registered User David_Skywalker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron5572 View Post
    it wasn't the team owner's egos.......
    You will see that I did not specify WHO's ego I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by railroad View Post
    Might be the first time they see any money come in from owning the series.