Thread: Great Job AJ Foyt Racing & Takuma Sato

Great Job AJ Foyt Racing & Takuma Sato

My hat is off to the AJ Foyt organization and its driver Takuma Sato. That was a stunning performance and they clearly improved their car in the off-season. Honda is obviously struggling to now keep up with Chevrolet they place the #14 on the front row. That is props.

Ive been critical of AJ's team in the past, I am no position whatsoever to be critical of them today. They obviously worked their butts off in the off-season and improved that race car. Sato did a great job today no doubt, but I feel a little bit more credit should go to the team today. That car looked well balanced and well set up.

Nice job AJ Foyt Racing.
    RS's CURRENT TOP 5 DRIVERS: #1 Scott Dixon, #2 Ryan Hunter Reay, #3 Will Power, #4 Simon Pagenaud, #5 Sebastien Bourdais
    T5 EQUAL CARS:#1 Scott Dixon, #2 Sebastien Bourdais, #3 Simon Pagenaud, #4 Ryan Hunter Reay, #5 Will Power

Very impressive, happy for both.

Hope it continues all season.
    My first Indy 500 was 1973, haven't missed one since 1981. To date I have attended 36 Indy 500's, and probably 100 or so other IndyCar races (CART & IRL).

Never argue with an idiot.They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Nice job Takuma Sato (& AJ Foyt Racing).
    "I just WON the Indy 500 & now I'm goin' to DETROIT!!!" :) :) -Ryan Hunter-Reay 500 banquet, May 26, 2014

Race CARS Not DOGS!!! Adopt or foster a retired greyhound -Me

brant james ‏@brantjames 28m A.J. Foyt had accupuncture for first time today at @TakumaSatoRacer urgining treat sciatica. So many images/questions ... #indycar

Taku rubbing off on AJ!! Acupuncture? Get feeling better AJ Larry and the team are doing you proud

yeah, impressive all around. Wonder if the Honda in Sato's car is different or has newer parts than the Honda in the other cars? Is it at all possible that Foyt's car because of Sato is a kind of Honda test team?

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    yeah, impressive all around. Wonder if the Honda in Sato's car is different or has newer parts than the Honda in the other cars? Is it at all possible that Foyt's car because of Sato is a kind of Honda test team?
    I seriously doubt that. That would not go over well with Chip or Sam Schmidt that one of their bottom teams is getting better parts than they are. That would not fly. I think Foyts boys just hit on a good setup and found a good balance.

Of course if Honda wanted to give a smart ass reply to Chip, they could publically say "Well we had 2 Hondas in the fast 6 so maybe Chip is spending a little too much time trying to get his Chevy engine in Cup to win a race and needs to be spending more time here"

Maybe Robin can ask AJ if he's getting stuff the other guys can't. I wonder what might happen..

Quote Originally Posted by jandj View Post
    Maybe Robin can ask AJ if he's getting stuff the other guys can't. I wonder what might happen..
    What a hoot!

40 miles north of the greatest track that has the Greatest Spectacle In Racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandj View Post
    He'd probably get coldcocked like he did the last time he was brave enough to smart off to A.J.
    "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Ding Ding Ding we have a WINNER!!!!

Insider
    I wonder if Briscoe is second guessing himself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buellboy View Post
    I wonder if Briscoe is second guessing himself yet.
    Ryan wanted a FULL-TIME ride & from what I have read this was a P/T deal.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ARROWZ46 View Post
    Ryan wanted a FULL-TIME ride & from what I have read this was a P/T deal.
    The rumors I have read are Penske and Rahal offered part-time and Foyt offered full-time. Sato isn't part-time.

Insider
    So, maybe all this time it was the drivers, and not A.J. Foyt at fault. But, to be sure, lets see how the race goes.

I've been trying to tell people that Larry has rebuilt this team. This is a professional outfit now. I expect them to run up front quite often this season.

Buell, I don't believe Foyt ever offered Briscoe anything. Briscoe came calling, not the other way around, IIRC.
    We're gonna go extinct, and we're gonna do it drinking scotch and driving muscle cars.

Smuff, good to see you posting again. You more than anybody knows this just didnt happen over this winter. Larry has been building this for a few years but we finally see results on the track.