Thread: Indy car sponsorship and the legalization of marijiuana

Indy car sponsorship and the legalization of marijiuana

Perhaps this thread belongs in a different category but with the legalization of marijuana in certain states could the manufacturers of Mary Jane sponsor a car, a team, or a race??? Not being flippant here wondering if there is someone with a legal background who could explain.

I do not think pot would fall under the tobacco companies rules but maybe it does ?

How about our resident artist Dansfly design some potential pot liveries?? Be interesting

Maybe the dingo ate your baby!

I googled. Found this Forbes article

Anybody can do anything. It's the consequences of one's actions that should be considered and then the group/individual must recognize that they will be accountable for their action and the consequence of the action.
    ...Always follow the money

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dingo View Post
    Yep.

Just imagining the winner's circle antics with the driver/crew firing up a Big Bambu and blowing shotguns to each other the way beer-sponsored crews quaff and spray each other with their sponsor's product.

Hey, it's legal why not?
    [thought for another forum - Maybe it shouldn't be legal ]
    "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
    “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
    "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Last edited by racer incognito; 11-19-2015 at 01:49 PM.

A photo of a Bambu-sponsored car's engine going ka-blammo would be an instant classic.

The Cheech & Chong Racing Special........I like it....particularly when the engine goes...(all together now)...."Up in Smoke" !
    "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Lee Iacocca

Quote Originally Posted by turbopanzer View Post
    The Cheech & Chong Racing Special........I like it....particularly when the engine goes...(all together now)...."Up in Smoke" !
    "Hey, Man- Am I driving OK?"
    "I think we're parked, Man"

Yep, I can definitely see a marijuana powered vehicle in the future. Can you imagine events sponsored by weed where they hand out free samples if you can show you are over 18?

Booger eating moron RacingPortaJohn's Avatar
    Why not? Maybe it'll bring Frito-Lay and Hostess as associate sponsors. You could also make the pit fuel tanks look like giant bongs or something, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingPortaJohn View Post
    Why not? Maybe it'll bring Frito-Lay and Hostess as associate sponsors. You could also make the pit fuel tanks look like giant bongs or something, maybe.
    I am thinking the tanks are made to look like Twinkies and the teams are given a life time supply of Dorrito's. One does not live on Twinkies alone!!

The Maui Wowie 500

Quote Originally Posted by So? View Post
    <snip>
    Can you imagine events sponsored by weed where they hand out free samples if you can show you are over 18?
    Can you imagine IMS selling out of tenderloin sammiches? :chuckle:
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

It better be a full season, cover everything sponsorship because there is no way any other companies would touch it with a ten foot pole. Do you think Honda or Chevrolet or Firestone would want to be associated with something that is illegal in a majority of states?? Nope!! My guess is that the Series would also not allow it either. Horrible idea. Why not a methadone car? An Afghan Poppy growers association car? Not going to happen. Good thought and makes for interesting conversation but that's as far as it will get.
    Counting down to my 32nd Greatest Spectacle in Racing, follow me on twitter @NDCar for photos, trivia and more about the Indianapolis 500.

Autosoft Dealer Management System - Highest rated Automotive DMS 2014, 2015, 2016 by Driving Sales. See what all the buzz is about - www.AutosoftDMS.com

Randy Lanier as driver coach? Whittington Brothers running the pit crew?

Maybe not in the US but Canada or Mexico maybe......

Insider
    Rizla was just cigarette papers. Now they have the big ones for joints like all the paper companies.

Here is marijuana legal Colorado, the advertising of the product is HEAVILY regulated and nearly non-existent. Only place I see it is on the Adopt a Road signs and the back of the local "Alternative" paper Westword! So, I wouldn't expect to see the industry doing much advertising unless/until the product becomes nationally legalized.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

The problem is the audience tends to forget theres a race on....LOL