Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

NA couple of years ago, not long after my first grandchild was born, I had a vivid dream where I was holding her while sitting on a park bench. My dad came over and I handed my granddaughter to him and told him who she was. I felt so proud.

My dad had passed away some 30 years ago, when I was 22.

I still choke up thinking about that dream.
    A ship on a voyage could sink in the deep.
    A ship in the shallow could crack on the reef.
    But only ashore is it safe where it is built
    And only ashore is it useless.

I don't remember any of my dreams anymore... I guess I lived them all and now I just dream memories. But back when I use to remember them I use to dream about having super powers... Well it was singular, I dreamed that I could fly and most commonly I would be flying over the neighborhood, Meadowood Park and over my school, I remember circling over the flag pole. The only other dream I remember had different topics but always the same theme. I would be trying to attain something the entire dream and just as I was about to get it, it would suddenly be snatched away from me. They were very frustrating dreams.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy-One View Post
    NA couple of years ago, not long after my first grandchild was born, I had a vivid dream where I was holding her while sitting on a park bench. My dad came over and I handed my granddaughter to him and told him who she was. I felt so proud.

My dad had passed away some 30 years ago, when I was 22.

I still choke up thinking about that dream.
    I occasionally have dreams about my brother who passed away four years ago. In the dreams, he's simply divorced and moved away.
    If you agree with ISIS and really think God/Nature sends hurricanes as punishment, please explain why he is so angry at Barbuda...

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was exiting a store and i could not remember what vehicle i had driven.
    So I pulled my keys from my pocket and there was no car key or fob among them.
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "Passive aggressive BS. You aren't interested in learning anything from what I have to say. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    I occasionally have dreams about my brother who passed away four years ago. In the dreams, he's simply divorced and moved away.
    I occasionally have dreams where my mom or my grandparents are still alive.

For a while after my best friend died, I dreamed that she showed up at my door one day and told me she had been in the Witness Protection Program. I hated that dream.

On a lighter note, I occasionally have a frantic dream where my theatre friends and I have been called up to do a command performance of a show we closed months or even years ago, and only have a couple of days to mount the production, round up the costumes, and re-memorize the lines.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Blog Entries
    I dreamt I was in a Hollywood movie.
    I dreamt I was the star of the movie.
    I spilled some wine and got yelled at.
    But I was digging a girl
    PAY NO MORE.
    Be there or be square.

Blog Entries
    Last night I was dreaming that I was lying on a couch when someone entered the room, jumped on top of me and began beating me. I tried pushing them off and then began rocking hoping, I guess, to throw them off.

I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams, did a 180 degree roll to my left which catapulted me off the bed, missing the nightstand, and landing on the floor on my back.

I had taken all the covers with me, and woke up Mrs. Numb whose first thought was, 'Is he drunk'???

After making sure all my parts were intact, I crawled back into bed and Mrs. Numb tucked me in. It was awhile before I returned to sleep.

I have fairly reoccurring dreams about tornadoes barreling towards me/my home

Also several dreams witnessing planes crashing. Though I never seem to be in the plane as it is crashing. Typically I'm in a house, hear a noise and "see" the plane crashing or see plume rising.

Occasionally witnessing UFOs too. Some are super realistic and take me a good minute after I wake up to realize it was fake.

ON a lighter note, I remember having a dream one time where I was the 3rd member of the hip hop group Outkast. Yep....Andre 3000, Big Boi and....me. And no one acted as if it was abnormal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree0404 View Post
    I have fairly reoccurring dreams about tornadoes barreling towards me/my home

Also several dreams witnessing planes crashing. Though I never seem to be in the plane as it is crashing. Typically I'm in a house, hear a noise and "see" the plane crashing or see plume rising.
    I've had both types myself over the years. I wonder if they're common?

I have two frequently recurring dreams.

One is that I am in high school or college and there is one particular class that I never attended. The final exam is approaching and I'm not sure what to do.

The other is that I am in a high place like a platform or ledge and the only way down is to jump. Again, I am unsure what I should do because I am certain that I will be injured by the fall.

Both dreams seem very real when I first awaken.

It's been a long time since I've had any of the tornadoes dreams.

I've been having a recurring dream where I'm at this race track and all the seats have a really crappy view of the track. Each time I have it I'm at the same track but at a different place, but still have the same viewing issue.
    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

http://www.jacksracephotos.net/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    I've been having a recurring dream where I'm at this race track and all the seats have a really crappy view of the track. Each time I have it I'm at the same track but at a different place, but still have the same viewing issue.
    Man, I also have that dream occasionally too, except it's football games. Normally, I can't even see the field from my seats.

Blog Entries
    I have a recurring dream where I'm a teenager, and I've made friends with a girl (rarely actually appearing in the dream), and it's wonderful... and then, instantly, it's not, and I have to go to her house and get something, and I am not welcome.

Last time I had it, a couple weeks ago, my last thought before waking up was "Do you realize how often you have this dream?"

Plays well with Others
    Posted this on Facebook a week or so back.....

Weird, random long thought.... Sometimes, as I'm drifting off to sleep, I hear music in my head. But not just songs I've heard during the day. Completely original music; sometimes with lyrics, but mostly without. They're full arrangements too: guitar, drums, synthesizers, horns, harmonies if there are vocals, everything clear as if I was wearing headphones...And they're good too (like if real they'd be hits, IMO)...It's mostly rock or pop, but sometimes orchestral.... I'm I insane? Does this happen to anyone else? I have a musical background, choir and band. Maybe that's part of it? I wish I had a way to write it down or record it some way, bc by morning I've forgotten the music. I swear I'm not going crazy....Sometimes it happens in my dreams but mostly right before I fall asleep. So random...

Do any of you ever experience this? I swear if I had a way to bottle this I'd be rich.
    "We named the dog Indiana"

Blog Entries
    I haven't experienced it that elaborately, but I have composed basic songs during hypnagogia.

Sometimes my dreams are too weird for me to put into writing. Or words.

Fraught with symbolism, part one...

Had what I thought was a nightmare not long after my dad died. I was at a house with other relatives and it was a sad scene. The phone rang and I answered it. From wherever he was, it was my dad calling. I've no idea what he said. I was mortified and gave the phone to my uncle. Next thing I can remember was crying uncontrollably with my head on my sister in law's lap.

That was the last nightmare I had concerning my dad. Every dream since then has been good. In each dream, we are at a race or going to one. I'm not sure what ages we are, but dad is totally healthy.

Blog Entries
    I never dreamed about my father while he was alive, and only had one dream about him after h passed.
    I walked into a room and found him sitting in a chair.
    He asked me why I looked so surprised.

Last night I managed to stay in bed, but I did meet an attractive brunette who immediately was all over me and calling me her handsome husband.
    Woke up from that one real fast.

This morning I awoke thinking I had been wearing plaid shorts along with a striped shirt.

It was scary.

For years, while falling asleep I would imagine myself driving in the Indy 500 hoping I would dream it happened. Never worked.
    “I know, it's only Rock & Roll, but I like it" - The Rolling Stones

I had a weird one this morning.

I was at a dirt track shooting the race action, a car when through the fence and into the trees outside the turn two. No one be me and another photographer saw the crash. We ran across the track waving at the corner flagger to get their attention to through a yellow. When I get to the car the driver was all wrapped up in a big blue quilt sitting in his car sobbing. I looked at the car and all the tries where straight and leaned in the window and told him the car was OK. He drove it back on the track and started racing again. I when back to taking photos.

Yep, that's a weird one.

I'm glad the driver was not hurt!

You can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by skypigeon View Post
    I'm back in college, it's finals week, and I'm just now realizing I forgot to go to either one or most of my classes.
    Have this one recurring once or twice a year...hope they don't take my degrees away!!

Had one Sunday night that was vivid:I'm driving the wife's convertible...it's night...I turn into a circled driveway where I pick up my college roomie....we are driving and listening to/singing "Allentown" by Billy Joel...night turns to daytime...don't know what town we're in, but it's a run down, dilapidated and industrial part of a town like Gary...streets are almost run over with growing grass...drive by a laundromat that is FULL of piles of stacked laundry...shabby and dirty children are playing around the front of and inside the laundry...there were two guys wearing aqua surgical scrubs at the end of the block.

I can usually dissect my dreams and find references to certain aspects of the dream...earlier that day, during the Cardinals broadcast there was a reference to Billy Joel playing Busch Stadium. My room mate and I were having an email exchange discussing the poor fundamentals in baseball today...the rest??? No clue.

I had sleep apnea back in the 90's and never dreamed...had surgery to remove my uvula and tonsils...doesn't work for most, but I immediately began hitting REM stage sleep often...my dreams are like feature films.

I also am occasionally afflicted with this...which is scary as hell....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
    Last edited by heliogordy; 07-11-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

Plays well with Others
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddy View Post
    For years, while falling asleep I would imagine myself driving in the Indy 500 hoping I would dream it happened. Never worked.
    I sometimes use that to help me fall asleep. Weird as it sounds, I just imagine turning laps (alone) and oddly enough it helps me drift off...especially if my mind is busy with a million things. It seems counterintuitive as racing is so intense....but it works. Probably bc I'm imagining it and not really doing it.

Blog Entries
    Family Reunion

Last night my dad was standing there in his suit and tie showing off some sort of Elks Lodge Past Exalted ruler regalia. I asked him where mom was and he said, "In the bedroom."

I went to the bedroom and all the dresser drawers were open as if someone had been rummaging through them.
    Mom and dad were lying in their beds chatting, but the sheets were pale red and glowing as if lit from beneath.

In the next scene I was seated at the dinner table with my parents, my brother and our grandmother.
    I asked my bro if he could see them and he nodded yes.
    I asked my grandmother if she could see our parents and she said no.

So what ever happened to your family happened after your grandmother was already born.

Sometimes I wake up and am rather sad without knowing whi, then as the morning passes, I remember I dreamt about my family or other people I loved who have passed away. I do remember my dreams more when I fall back to sleep towards morning...

My Mother had the worse dreams.. she would start with this awful sound, which would grow louder and more scary, until I gently would wake her up... I guess I should say nightmare...
    "My favorite time of the day at the Speedway during the month of May was just after dusk, after the track had closed down for day, I used to go out and sit on the pit wall and just listen and think"~ Dick Ralstin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    I went to the bedroom and all the dresser drawers were open as if someone had been rummaging through them.
    Mom and dad were lying in their beds chatting, but the sheets were pale red and glowing as if lit from beneath.
    Obviously, they found the fidget spinner they had been looking for.

In last night's dream, I ate a very big and tasty burrito. That's all I remember.

Please, don't go all Freud on me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Sometimes I wake up and am rather sad without knowing whi, then as the morning passes, I remember I dreamt about my family or other people I loved who have passed away.
    I had another dream about my brother a couple nights ago; he's the only person close to me who has ever passed. This time he was a teenager riding a bike down a street.

I dream about him once every few weeks.