Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 347

Thread: Best TV series you're not watching

  1. #61
    Insider Will O'Hargan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Irving, Texas
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDIndy500 View Post
    I'm power watching "The Blacklist" with James Spader on Netflix. Has its ups and downs but overall worth watching.

    TD
    That show is just SO bad whenever Spader isn't on screen, though.
    Willo
    "If I believed in fairy tales, I never would have dropped out of Kindergarden"

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Hawkeye State
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Will O'Hargan View Post
    That show is just SO bad whenever Spader isn't on screen, though.
    Agree!

  3. #63
    king for a night rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    It's no laughing matter
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    Donald Glover is really, really good in this and writes a lot of it and directed a couple of episodes, hell of a jump from being a bit actor on 'Community.' 'Atlanta' is odd and unpredictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will O'Hargan View Post
    He was great on Community, too.

    And as much as I hate to admit it, Because the Internet wasn't half bad either. Don't tell my kids I said that, because I love arguing with them about it.
    Last edited by rex; 10-10-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

  4. #64
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    67,606
    Blog Entries
    5
    'Goliath' with Billy Bob Thornton as a broke-down attorney is very good. Find it on Amazon.

  5. #65
    Anybody ever get on Halt Catch Fire on AMC? First season was slow but the last 2 seasons have been fantastic.
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

    "It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddy View Post
    Just got Netflix this month so finally watched first episode of Breaking Bad.
    Watched episode 2, may be the last.
    “I love the way you soften my life with your love" - Carl Wilson

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by saidhead View Post
    Is it a filming location/cost issue?

    Another show I've found and have enjoyed: Luther with Idris Elba
    Yes, Florida let their filming tax credit sunset which will effect all film productions in the state.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

  8. #68
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Anybody ever get on Halt Catch Fire on AMC? First season was slow but the last 2 seasons have been fantastic.
    It kind of lost me.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Orphan Black. S1 was good and now I'm 3 episodes into S2 and I've completely lost interest.
    I understand what you are saying. I will suggest you ride it out. S2 expands the story. S3 is when Tatiana won the Emmy. It is worth wading through S2 to get to the rest of the story.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    We have 5 or 6 episodes left, but you might be onto something.
    Are you before or after the big reveal? If before, watch them to see it. Skipping ahead won't make any sense if you don't see it first.

  11. #71
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    67,606
    Blog Entries
    5
    Burned through 'Goliath' in a couple of days, it was terrific. Just started 'Chance' on Hulu starring Hugh Laurie as a troubled psychiatrist. First eps are pretty good.

    Also watched one ep of 'Black Mirror' last night, the British TV sci-fi anthology showe that has been favorably compared to 'The Twilight Zone.' Excellent stuff.

  12. #72
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    67,606
    Blog Entries
    5
    'Quarry' on Cinemax is dark and very good, Viet Nam vet turned bad guy, set in the south in the late '60s.

    Season 3 of 'The Fall' starts Saturday night on Netflix. I've already seen the first couple of episodes and it is terrific. Gillian Anderson is stunning ...


  13. #73
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    Burned through 'Goliath' in a couple of days, it was terrific. Just started 'Chance' on Hulu starring Hugh Laurie as a troubled psychiatrist. First eps are pretty good.

    Also watched one ep of 'Black Mirror' last night, the British TV sci-fi anthology showe that has been favorably compared to 'The Twilight Zone.' Excellent stuff.

    I thought Goliath was really good, MUCH better than I expected. BBT is a great actor.

  14. #74
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Fan View Post
    Are you before or after the big reveal? If before, watch them to see it. Skipping ahead won't make any sense if you don't see it first.
    Stopped before it. I will have to put it back in the rotation. Thanks.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Posts
    375
    I have a PVR reminder for 'The Great Indoors'.

    It is a sitcom about an outdoor magazine and the millennials who write for it. Apparently the sitcom pokes fun at the millennial generation which is coddled, easily offended, and obsessed with politically correct culture.

    The first episode, "The Pilot", is this Thursday.

  16. #76
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    67,606
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    I thought Goliath was really good, MUCH better than I expected. BBT is a great actor.
    Yeah, I was impressed, especially in the courtroom scenes when he went from a rube to shark in an eye blink.

  17. #77
    iLl-enfORmed yOKel Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    56,561
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnojibwedude View Post
    I have a PVR reminder for 'The Great Indoors'.

    It is a sitcom about an outdoor magazine and the millennials who write for it. Apparently the sitcom pokes fun at the millennial generation which is coddled, easily offended, and obsessed with politically correct culture.

    The first episode, "The Pilot", is this Thursday.
    The previews make it look like yet another insufferable, formulaic network comedy.

    Not that I haven't enjoyed a few formulaic comedies myself...
    I'm starting to understand why so many women feel negatively toward males. I had always assumed that the predators made up a small fraction of male-kind, but I may have been wrong. When you impose yourself on an unwilling target, you do great harm to both sexes. Time to grow up, boys.

  18. #78
    Going through Luke Cage right now. It's gritty. In a good way.
    Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

  19. #79
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    Yeah, I was impressed, especially in the courtroom scenes when he went from a rube to shark in an eye blink.
    That was good.

  20. #80
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,608

  21. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    Yeah, I was impressed, especially in the courtroom scenes when he went from a rube to shark in an eye blink.
    It felt very much like a novel. Not boiled down to fit in a two hour movie window, but allowed to tell the full story over the course of the episodes. Well done.

  22. #82
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Fan View Post
    It felt very much like a novel. Not boiled down to fit in a two hour movie window, but allowed to tell the full story over the course of the episodes. Well done.
    Hey, that's an excellent description!

  23. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Sardinia
    Posts
    333
    Anybody watching Gomorrah on SundanceTV? An Italian show, part Sopranos and part Narcos. Some pretty good plot twists and a whole lotta people getting clipped. Its alll in sub-titles, but well worth it.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.

  24. #84
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    67,606
    Blog Entries
    5
    It is pretty good, I've got 3 eps to go.

    Sundance also has the last season of 'Rectify' which has a 100 score on Metacritic and 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's really depressing and I gave up on it last year but I guess I have to tough it out and watch the end.

  25. #85
    Plays well with Others
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NE Indy
    Posts
    2,773
    Binged Stranger Things this past few days. Wow. It took me right back to my childhood..I'm a bit younger than the kids in the series but they nailed early 80s in Indiana for sure. Even down to the State Police patches, flags, etc. The acting and writing were solid as well. But the soundtrack and aesthetics were on point. Looking forward to the 2nd season
    "We named the dog Indiana"

  26. #86
    Not a TV show, but has anyone watched the Primitive Technology channel on YouTube? It is an Australian who goes into the forest and uses only stone age materials to build various things. He doesn't speak during the videos, just shows you how to do it. It is somewhat therapeutic.

  27. #87
    Minion of the VRWC Lemming51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    9,587
    Confused by the thread title, I am watching what I think are the best series.

    One I'd recommend that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Better Things, on tonight (Thursdays) on FX.
    www.fxnetworks.com/shows/better-things/about
    "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
    “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
    "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

  28. #88
    Female Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbholland View Post
    Binged Stranger Things this past few days. Wow. It took me right back to my childhood..I'm a bit younger than the kids in the series but they nailed early 80s in Indiana for sure. Even down to the State Police patches, flags, etc. The acting and writing were solid as well. But the soundtrack and aesthetics were on point. Looking forward to the 2nd season
    My husband is bugging me about watching this. He says he thinks I would like it. He knows I like pretty much nothing on tv.

    Ren, I did watch the Pilot of that show "The Great Indoors". I wish I could have that time back. It was garbage. It's like the show wants to be a hipper version of "Just Shoot Me" with some seriously annoying hipster people.

  29. #89
    Female Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Anybody else watching the critically acclaimed "This Is Us" on NBC?

    It seems a little schmaltzy on the surface, but the acting and writing are outstanding. I've had goosebumps and WTF moments in both of the first two eps.
    I let 6 episodes record before my husband and I sat down to watch. We watched 3 in a row and didn't want to stop but we had to or we wouldn't get out the door by 7 the next morning. I have a new show to like. I'm on some heavy duty meds right now and I didn't quite "get" what was going on in episode one, but I had the storyline by the second episode. I cried (might be a side effect of the meds too) pretty hard during the shows. We'll probably binge the remaining 3 episodes tomorrow night because I can't seem to just watch one and be done. I can't remember the last show that made me want to watch multiple episodes like this...maybe "Better Call Saul".

  30. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I did watch the Pilot of that show "The Great Indoors". I wish I could have that time back. It was garbage. It's like the show wants to be a hipper version of "Just Shoot Me" with some seriously annoying hipster people.
    Yeah, it sucked.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •