Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best TV series you're not watching

Breaking Bad marathon started yesterday on AMC. I had forgotten how damn good the first two seasons were.
    Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

I started to watch Eyewitness but passed after about 15 minutes of the first episode, then caught a bit of the 4th or 5th episode and decided to give it another shot and then got caught up in time to watch the final episode as it aired. Turned out to be not all that bad.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

So it's like Preparation H?

You watched it too?

no, but I hear on the (w)hole it's pretty good.

Two series on Epix that are worth checking out if you hadn't already, Graves and Berlin Station. Another show I wasn't watching and just last night checked out episode 1 and is well written is TNT's Good Behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Two series on Epix that are worth checking out if you hadn't already, Graves and Berlin Station. Another show I wasn't watching and just last night checked out episode 1 and is well written is TNT's Good Behavior.
    I thought Good Behavior was exceptional. One of the best series I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post
    Going through Luke Cage right now. It's gritty. In a good way.
    I'm hooked on all the Marvel shows on Netflix. Luke Cage, Daredevil and Jessica Jones are all good & gritty.

Breaking Bad marathon started yesterday on AMC. I had forgotten how damn good the first two seasons were.
    I watched 5 episodes from season 1-2, then tuned into AMC in mid-season 4 and for the first time really noticed a difference... the first two seasons wer absolutely brilliant, IMO, while the remainder were damn good, but seemed to trail off abbot.

I cannot wait for Better Call Saul to come back in!

Blog Entries
    How do I know how good something is if I'm not watching it??
    We're telling you, not asking you.
    VALID OPINION CENSORED -- TAKE BACK YOUR BOARD!

Yeah, after Wilke's response I got with the program... However the three I recommended were all shows I wasn't watching then saw the pilot and got caught up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    I thought Good Behavior was exceptional. One of the best series I've seen in a while.
    Hard to watch Lady Mary act like such a slut.

Hard in what way?

Blog Entries
    I expect her to be proper and keep her shirt on. Have a maid help her dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    Hard to watch Lady Mary act like such a slut.
    She makes a good slut though.

Im not familiar with Lady Mary, I will find her on IMDB.

She makes a good slut though.

Im not familiar with Lady Mary, I will find her on IMDB.
    Her character on Downton Abbey
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Which would explain why in the post episode discussions she has a British Accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Fan View Post
    Her character on Downton Abbey
    Gotcha. And found it on IMDB.

Which would explain why in the post episode discussions she has a British Accent.
    Nothing about royalty interests me, so I've never watched that show, and know nothing about it.

I'm Dyslexic and when I skim over light reading I get lazy halfway through a word I pick one and move on to the next. Until I heard it said out loud when some Congressman remodeled his office I thought it was Downtown Abbey.

S5, E7 on right now and still great stuff though... and Walter White is full-on "Heisenberg" now.

S5, E7 on right now and still great stuff though... and Walter White is full-on "Heisenberg" now.
    It's been interesting rewatching, the first 3 seasons i binge watched, now going back 4 years later I'm picking up a lot more subtleties, and the ties to Saul, looking for storyline inconsistencies haha.

It's been interesting rewatching, the first 3 seasons i binge watched, now going back 4 years later I'm picking up a lot more subtleties, and the ties to Saul, looking for storyline inconsistencies haha.
    Same here! Watching BCS - and then rewatching BB for the first time last year (and again now) - I realize(d) the subtleties and nuances that I missed while binge watching the first 4 seasons. And the ties to Saul are just incredible!

To me it just gets better each time around.

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    I remember when this show was on and everyone was talking about it.

I decided to catch a random episode just to see what all the hub-bub was all about and was not real impressed so I was one and done

It was the episode where he is trying to catch a fly in his sterile meth lab FWIW.

But a couple nights ago I started watching an episode during the marathon and ended up watching B.B for the rest of the night and did the same thing last night

But I looked on the AMC website and saw that theyre playing the final two seasons tonight and tomorrow so I'm now on a B.B. embargo

I don't want to know what happens and I want to start at Season 1 Episode 1 now
    "If Brian France sold tractors, people would quit farming." -attackforumfan

I think they are all on Netflix, you can avoid the commercials and the censor.

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Match Game
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "Passive aggressive BS. You aren't interested in learning anything from what I have to say. "

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    I don't want to know what happens and I want to start at Season 1 Episode 1 now
    In the first episode of the second season, titled "Enter Alexis", the mysterious witness removes her sunglasses to reveal British actress Joan Collins as a new arrival to the series.[2] Collins's Alexis Carrington blazed a trail across the show and its story lines; the additions of Collins and the "formidable writing team" of Eileen and Robert Mason Pollock are generally credited with Dynasty's subsequent rise in the Nielsen ratings.[2] The Pollocks "soft-pedaled the business angle" of the show and "bombarded viewers with every soap opera staple in the book, presented at such a fast clip that a new tragedy seemed to befall the Carrington family every five minutes."[2] Alexis's testimony notwithstanding, Krystle is immediately put off by the former Mrs. Carrington's condescending attitude and manipulations; Krystle's subsequent discovery that Alexis had caused her miscarriage by intentionally startling her horse with a gunshot settles Alexis as Krystle's implacable nemesis. Other new characters of the season are the psychiatrist Nick Toscanni (James Farentino), who tries to seduce Krystle while bedding Fallon and plotting against Blake; and Krystle's greedy niece Sammy Jo Dean (Heather Locklear), who marries Steven for his money. The season finale sees Blake left for dead on a mountain after a fight with Nick. By that time, Dynasty had entered the Top 20.[5][6]

In the third season (ranked fifth in the ratings), Alexis marries Cecil on his deathbed and acquires his company, Colbyco. In the meantime, Adam Carrington (Gordon Thomson), the long-lost son of Alexis and Blake who had been kidnapped in infancy, reappears in Denver and almost starts an affair with Fallon, who is running Blake's hotel La Mirage before they discover they are siblings. Also introduced are Krystle's ex-husband, tennis pro Mark Jennings (Geoffrey Scott), and Kirby Anders (Kathleen Beller), the daughter of longtime Carrington majordomo Joseph (Lee Bergere). Kirby catches Adam's eye but weds Jeff after his divorce from Fallon. In the middle of the season, news that Steven has been killed in an accident in Indonesia comes to the Carringtons; he survives, but undergoes plastic surgery and returns to Denver portrayed by Jack Coleman. In the third-season cliffhanger, Alexis lures Krystle to Steven's cabin and the two are locked inside while the cabin is set ablaze by an unseen arsonist (later revealed to be Joseph, who had meant for the fire to kill only Alexis and not Krystle).

With the show's popularity soaring in the fourth season (now the third most watched program of 1983-1984), former President Gerald Ford guest-starred as himself in 1983, along with his wife Betty and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. New characters included the charming and ambitious Farnsworth "Dex" Dexter (Michael Nader), the unscrupulous playboy Peter De Vilbis (Helmut Berger), and Blake's illegitimate African American half-sister, Dominique Deveraux (Diahann Carroll). The main story lines included a custody battle between Steven and Blake over Steven and Sammy Jo's son Danny, and a false accusation of illegal weapons dealings orchestrated by Alexis to ruin Blake's financial empire. In the season finale, Fallon disappears just before her second wedding to Jeff (now divorced of Kirby) as her car seemingly collides with a truck on a stormy night (to accommodate the departure of Pamela Sue Martin from the series), while Alexis is arrested for the murder of Mark Jennings.

Driven by the new head writer and producer Camille Marchetta, who had devised the wildly successful "Who Shot J.R.?" scenario on Dallas five years earlier, Dynasty hit #1 in the fifth season.[5][7] In the story, Alexis is exonerated and her secret daughter Amanda Bedford (Catherine Oxenberg) comes to Denver and discovers that Blake is her father. Steven has married Claudia but leaves her for a man, and Claudia starts an affair with Adam. The marriage of Blake and Krystle is in crisis after the birth of their daughter Krystina, and Sammy Jo discovers she is the heiress to a huge fortune. At the end of the season, an amnesiac Fallon, now portrayed by actress Emma Samms, reappears while the rest of the family go to Europe for the wedding of Amanda and Prince Michael of Moldavia (Michael Praed).

During the season, Dynasty attracted controversy when Rock Hudson's real-life HIV-positive status was revealed after a romantic storyline between his character Daniel Reece and Evans's Krystle. Hudson's scenes required him to kiss Evans and, as news that he had contracted AIDS broke, there was speculation Evans would be at risk.[15] The event led to a Screen Actors Guild rule requiring contracts to notify performers in advance of any scenes that require open-mouth kissing.[16]

We need DieNasty II to wrap things up.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    In the first episode of the second season, titled "Enter Alexis", the mysterious witness removes her sunglasses to reveal British actress Joan Collins as a new arrival to the series.[2] Collins's Alexis Carrington blazed a trail across the show and its story lines; the additions of Collins and the "formidable writing team" of Eileen and Robert Mason Pollock are generally credited with Dynasty's subsequent rise in the Nielsen ratings.[2] The Pollocks "soft-pedaled the business angle" of the show and "bombarded viewers with every soap opera staple in the book, presented at such a fast clip that a new tragedy seemed to befall the Carrington family every five minutes."[2] Alexis's testimony notwithstanding, Krystle is immediately put off by the former Mrs. Carrington's condescending attitude and manipulations; Krystle's subsequent discovery that Alexis had caused her miscarriage by intentionally startling her horse with a gunshot settles Alexis as Krystle's implacable nemesis. Other new characters of the season are the psychiatrist Nick Toscanni (James Farentino), who tries to seduce Krystle while bedding Fallon and plotting against Blake; and Krystle's greedy niece Sammy Jo Dean (Heather Locklear), who marries Steven for his money. The season finale sees Blake left for dead on a mountain after a fight with Nick. By that time, Dynasty had entered the Top 20.[5][6]

In the third season (ranked fifth in the ratings), Alexis marries Cecil on his deathbed and acquires his company, Colbyco. In the meantime, Adam Carrington (Gordon Thomson), the long-lost son of Alexis and Blake who had been kidnapped in infancy, reappears in Denver and almost starts an affair with Fallon, who is running Blake's hotel La Mirage before they discover they are siblings. Also introduced are Krystle's ex-husband, tennis pro Mark Jennings (Geoffrey Scott), and Kirby Anders (Kathleen Beller), the daughter of longtime Carrington majordomo Joseph (Lee Bergere). Kirby catches Adam's eye but weds Jeff after his divorce from Fallon. In the middle of the season, news that Steven has been killed in an accident in Indonesia comes to the Carringtons; he survives, but undergoes plastic surgery and returns to Denver portrayed by Jack Coleman. In the third-season cliffhanger, Alexis lures Krystle to Steven's cabin and the two are locked inside while the cabin is set ablaze by an unseen arsonist (later revealed to be Joseph, who had meant for the fire to kill only Alexis and not Krystle).

With the show's popularity soaring in the fourth season (now the third most watched program of 1983-1984), former President Gerald Ford guest-starred as himself in 1983, along with his wife Betty and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. New characters included the charming and ambitious Farnsworth "Dex" Dexter (Michael Nader), the unscrupulous playboy Peter De Vilbis (Helmut Berger), and Blake's illegitimate African American half-sister, Dominique Deveraux (Diahann Carroll). The main story lines included a custody battle between Steven and Blake over Steven and Sammy Jo's son Danny, and a false accusation of illegal weapons dealings orchestrated by Alexis to ruin Blake's financial empire. In the season finale, Fallon disappears just before her second wedding to Jeff (now divorced of Kirby) as her car seemingly collides with a truck on a stormy night (to accommodate the departure of Pamela Sue Martin from the series), while Alexis is arrested for the murder of Mark Jennings.

Driven by the new head writer and producer Camille Marchetta, who had devised the wildly successful "Who Shot J.R.?" scenario on Dallas five years earlier, Dynasty hit #1 in the fifth season.[5][7] In the story, Alexis is exonerated and her secret daughter Amanda Bedford (Catherine Oxenberg) comes to Denver and discovers that Blake is her father. Steven has married Claudia but leaves her for a man, and Claudia starts an affair with Adam. The marriage of Blake and Krystle is in crisis after the birth of their daughter Krystina, and Sammy Jo discovers she is the heiress to a huge fortune. At the end of the season, an amnesiac Fallon, now portrayed by actress Emma Samms, reappears while the rest of the family go to Europe for the wedding of Amanda and Prince Michael of Moldavia (Michael Praed).

During the season, Dynasty attracted controversy when Rock Hudson's real-life HIV-positive status was revealed after a romantic storyline between his character Daniel Reece and Evans's Krystle. Hudson's scenes required him to kiss Evans and, as news that he had contracted AIDS broke, there was speculation Evans would be at risk.[15] The event led to a Screen Actors Guild rule requiring contracts to notify performers in advance of any scenes that require open-mouth kissing.[16]

My brain hurts

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    My brain hurts
    That show had more shoulder pads than a college football team!

I was into LA Law back then.

Mmmm....Michele Greene