Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 321

Thread: Best TV series you're not watching

  1. #271
    So with all the hype from the season premier of Game of Thrones, I found out after this season there is only one more and that there have only been about 60 episodes so far. That I can handle. Similar to Breaking Bad, which I binged in two weeks. I've never ever subscribed to HBO, Showtime, etc., but have a free period of HBO though September. HBO Go offers a free one month trial too.

    All those factors lining up for me, is Game of Thrones a must watch? Never considered it before last night.
    "You just don't know what Indy means."
    -Al Unser Jr.

  2. #272
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    I finally watched Bloodline. Season 3 was not nearly as good as 1 & 2, and the second to last episode was just bizarre.
    The ending felt forced, but that's because it was, I guess.

    Great series overall though.

  3. #273
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    66,541
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by F1 and IndyCar View Post
    So with all the hype from the season premier of Game of Thrones, I found out after this season there is only one more and that there have only been about 60 episodes so far. That I can handle. Similar to Breaking Bad, which I binged in two weeks. I've never ever subscribed to HBO, Showtime, etc., but have a free period of HBO though September. HBO Go offers a free one month trial too.

    All those factors lining up for me, is Game of Thrones a must watch? Never considered it before last night.
    I got tired of the torture porn and gave up a couple of years ago.

  4. #274
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    I made it through 4 seasons and it began to seem to me as if it was the same story told over and over... but a lot of people love that show, including MrsMopars.

  5. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    I got tired of the torture porn and gave up a couple of years ago.
    Having read the books it's about what I expected. You were probably pretty bummed the Boat sank when you watched Titanic
    Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

  6. #276
    If you haven't seen Five Came Back on netflix yet, do it.

  7. #277
    Insider Indyknut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    250 miles west of Mindyana
    Posts
    21,728
    Blog Entries
    1
    Have just spent the day binge watching the Netflix series "Ozark" It stars Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. It hooked me into trying it when it described the financial planner, involved in money laundering, pulling up stakes and moving to Lake of the Ozarks in order to cash in on money laundering opportunities there.

    1st, this is not a typical Jason Bateman movie or series. Forget his past movies and especially "Arrested Development". This is a dark series and Batemans character is nothing like his previous acting jobs.

    Unfortunately it does tend to spin the Lake of the Ozarks area in a completely backwoods, ******* light. Virtually 100% the opposite of what it really is. The series apparently filmed the on the water scenes and local scenes in and around Lake Altoona in the Atlanta area. That lake is apparently nowhere near as built up as LOZ nor are the homes as lavish nor even the boats shown, which are pretty lo-brow for Lake of the Ozarks. Their attempt at re-creating the infamous party cove falls short as it's nowhere near as large nor with boats as big as those that typically show up at that infamous arm of the lake.

    All in all though the acting so far has been good with some interesting twists and turns in the plot already. The critical reviews have been good. There are 10 episodes so far. I have no idea if that's it for the season or if there are more planned. Certainly worth a look.

  8. #278
    Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Deep in the Minnesota Woods
    Posts
    12,456
    Since we had our grandson staying with us for the week to attend soccer camp, we binge watched Iron Fist, Luke Cage and DareDevil on Netflix last week. They are all Marvel series.
    Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
    Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
    Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

  9. #279
    king for a night rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    It's no laughing matter
    Posts
    4,096
    Legion is getting 2 additional episodes next season ... plus other Legion news. If you don't know the comic storyline, you might want to skip the last spoiler'ish paragraph.

    http://uproxx.com/hitfix/fx-legion-c...7-shadow-king/
    "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

  10. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post
    If you haven't seen Five Came Back on netflix yet, do it.
    I watched it. A little slow, but a good story. Interesting to learn how a lot of the footage we see today was rehearsed or done after the fact.
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

    "It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

  11. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
    Since we had our grandson staying with us for the week to attend soccer camp, we binge watched Iron Fist, Luke Cage and DareDevil on Netflix last week. They are all Marvel series.
    If you liked those series, they are teaming up with Jessica Jones next month in the Defenders. Also, the Punisher (Season 2 of DD) will be getting a series of his own soon.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

  12. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    I watched it. A little slow, but a good story. Interesting to learn how a lot of the footage we see today was rehearsed or done after the fact.
    Most of the films they talk about are also on Netflix in their entirety. Why We Fight, San Pietro (the staged film), Let there be light, Memphis Belle.

  13. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
    Since we had our grandson staying with us for the week to attend soccer camp, we binge watched Iron Fist, Luke Cage and DareDevil on Netflix last week. They are all Marvel series.
    I quite liked Luke Cage, any word on a season 2?

  14. #284
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post
    If you haven't seen Five Came Back on netflix yet, do it.
    It's on my list, so that's good to hear!

  15. #285
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    I don't recall if I posted on this or not... but we watched Bloodline season 3, and it was nowhere near as good as 1 & 2.
    Everything about it seemed rushed for closure, and the 2nd to last episode was a horrible waste of time.

  16. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    It's on my list, so that's good to hear!
    If you're a history wonk you'll like it, it's a Spielberg production so high quality, Capra one of the five, of course most noted for Its a Wonderful Life, the final episode links how his war experience guided that story, it was a fascinating revelation for me, I hadn't really linked the two together until then.

    My 18yo Daughter sat and watched the whole thing with me, infact it was her idea, so that tells you something haha

  17. #287
    ...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Getting Lost in the Golden Years
    Posts
    33,997
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mrs. Numb has put Manhunt Unabomber on my list of shows to record.
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "Passive aggressive BS. You aren't interested in learning anything from what I have to say. "

  18. #288
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post
    If you're a history wonk you'll like it, it's a Spielberg production so high quality, Capra one of the five, of course most noted for Its a Wonderful Life, the final episode links how his war experience guided that story, it was a fascinating revelation for me, I hadn't really linked the two together until then.

    My 18yo Daughter sat and watched the whole thing with me, infact it was her idea, so that tells you something haha
    Excellent. Thank you for the review!

  19. #289
    Insider Indyknut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    250 miles west of Mindyana
    Posts
    21,728
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just finished the final episode of "Ozark"

    Definitely worth a try if you haven't watched it. It's somewhere between Fargo and the Godfather. Really crazy.

  20. #290
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    66,541
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thinking about that.

    I'm still watching 'Nashville' although I don't know why. Collapsed into a terrible soap a long time ago.

  21. #291
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Indyknut View Post
    I just finished the final episode of "Ozark"

    Definitely worth a try if you haven't watched it. It's somewhere between Fargo and the Godfather. Really crazy.
    We watched episode 1 last night. I like it!

  22. #292
    Cat Lady of Doom Antoneli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    I got tired of the torture porn and gave up a couple of years ago.
    There IS a lot of torture porn. I love GoT but I know exactly what you mean. I'm also really tired of seeing rape as a plot device.
    RIP Dan Wheldon - never forgotten!


    http://www.twitter.com/Bethitis

  23. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by sightlines View Post
    Having read the books it's about what I expected. You were probably pretty bummed the Boat sank when you watched Titanic
    As insipid as the first half was, the sinking couldn't come soon enough

  24. #294
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
    Since we had our grandson staying with us for the week to attend soccer camp, we binge watched Iron Fist, Luke Cage and DareDevil on Netflix last week. They are all Marvel series.
    I'm finishing up Iron Fist, all I have left is the final episode to watch. The others I've already watched along with Jessica Jones. I've enjoyed all of them and the way they all pop up in the other's story lines.

    It's been that way for a couple years. Can't find anything on TV check Netflix and see which Marvel series I want to advance.

    Well first I always check to see if Netflix has updated their Murdoch Mysteries offerings beyond the 2013 season... And then I check to see what's available in the Marvel world.

    Yep Murdoch Mysteries is my guilty pleasure. Campy, ridiculous... Yet in the end somewhat fulfilling.

    "Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."



  25. #295
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    66,541
    Blog Entries
    5
    I watched all 13 seasons of 'A Touch of Frost,' 42 episodes over 18 years.

  26. #296
    Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Deep in the Minnesota Woods
    Posts
    12,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    I'm finishing up Iron Fist, all I have left is the final episode to watch. The others I've already watched along with Jessica Jones. I've enjoyed all of them and the way they all pop up in the other's story lines.

    It's been that way for a couple years. Can't find anything on TV check Netflix and see which Marvel series I want to advance.

    Well first I always check to see if Netflix has updated their Murdoch Mysteries offerings beyond the 2013 season... And then I check to see what's available in the Marvel world.

    Yep Murdoch Mysteries is my guilty pleasure. Campy, ridiculous... Yet in the end somewhat fulfilling.
    Claire especially gets around.

  27. #297
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    64,640
    Ozark is by far one of the very best series I have seen in quite a while:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/

  28. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    Mrs. Numb has put Manhunt Unabomber on my list of shows to record.
    Watched part one, it was good. I thought the lead actor was a little heavy handed, but otherwise an engaging story. There's a lot I had forgotten about the case.
    I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
    Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

  29. #299
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
    Claire especially gets around.
    Yeah well these are a different breed of Super Heroes... Needin' patched up from time to time.

  30. #300
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,529
    Been checking out the summer series like Midnight, Texas. Too soon to tell if it's good, but it's weird. Some others like Salvation, Somewhere Between, and even Hooten and the Lady all too soon to tell. Defenders and Disjointed on Netflix I've yet to check out.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •