Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: IU Basketball 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Two wins over top five opponents.
    And now on the bubble
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

...reigning B1G Champ.

Woohoo

Couldn't resist, could you?

The wheels have fallen off. Hartman, OG, and Morgan are too much to overcome. Too bad.

Despite the taunting I will still enjoy Butler's games (been cheering for them since I attended my first game in Hinkle around '74) and I'm actually enjoying watching Purdue this year. 'Course I liked Painter back when all of the PU fans wanted to run him out of town.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014 & 2015 IEFA State Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Woohoo
    2 out of 4 years outright champs. Pretty impressive.

Couldn't resist, could you?

The wheels have fallen off. Hartman, OG, and Morgan are too much to overcome. Too bad.

Despite the taunting I will still enjoy Butler's games (been cheering for them since I attended my first game in Hinkle around '74) and I'm actually enjoying watching Purdue this year. 'Course I liked Painter back when all of the PU fans wanted to run him out of town.

It must be nice to have no real passion for any one team.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

Blog Entries
    Hey, move to a state that thinks basketball is an even bigger thing here than it is in Indiana, with the fan base for one school in particular some of the most obnoxious, entitled jackasses on the planet. (And it ain't Wichita State. )

Suddenly, allegiance to Bloomington or West Lafayette or Terre Haute or Muncie or Insert Your College Town Here aside, you root for EVERYONE from the great state of Indiana to succeed. If only for the chance to put these dweebs in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    It must be nice to have no real passion for any one team.

Somewhere along the way I realized that win or lose I still have a beautiful wife, a daughter about to graduate from college and get married, a son who is in college, and a mortgage to pay.

When we win I'm a little happier and when we lose I have to listen to little children whose lives are somehow better when IU loses. No big deal either way.

Blog Entries
    Senior Night at Assembly Hall and the Hoosiers go on a 22-0 run to end the half with one hell of a half court three as time expired.
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

And still needed a couple answered prayers to beat Northwestern.

A W is a W!!

Collin Hartman's senior speech was great but this was the highlight:

Well now we know why Collin came to Indiana... Or at least had to leave Michigan.

To find a good woman.

BTW Midtown made me turn to it. It was a W but it was a Fugly W.

But an even fuglier L for Northwestern fans. So I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Well now we know why Collin came to Indiana... Or at least had to leave Michigan.

Wha?

Blog Entries
    Tom Crean being floated as possible replacement for Kim Anderson at Missouri.

(Channel 5 in KC misspelled it "Creen." )

I really hope he leaves voluntarily and leaves IU and its pathetic fans in the lurch.

Blog Entries
    At least at Mizzou he could start with the dumpster fire put out (almost).

I don't pay a lot of attention to Missouri sports because I'm still irritated they went to the #$@#$@# SEC, but what I've seen about the program he inherited, Anderson is getting a bum's rush. They should have at least let him finish his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by skypigeon View Post
    At least at Mizzou he could start with the dumpster fire put out (almost).

I don't pay a lot of attention to Missouri sports because I'm still irritated they went to the #$@#$@# SEC, but what I've seen about the program he inherited, Anderson is getting a bum's rush. They should have at least let him finish his contract.
    Sorry, but that is not true. He needs to be gone. 14 kids have left the program since he took over, including some he recruited himself. I listen to his weekly call in to KMOX on Sunday mornings, and he just doesn't have any answers. He was good at the D-II level, but is in so far over his head that being allowed to 'resign' is the new AD being generous.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Blog Entries
    That well could be true; I'm just going off of what I've read and seen. I kind of hope you're right. That way, if Mizzou hires Crean, and Crean makes them a top-20 program in two years, weeeeelllll... let's just say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone...

I really hope he leaves voluntarily and leaves IU and its pathetic fans in the lurch.
    I haven't heard anything about a dump Crean campaign from my IU friends up in Indy. There's about a dozen of us all graduates from between 74-79 who post-Knight have always supported the players when questions arise concerning coaching. Even with Davis, the players wanted Davis so we supported Davis. To a person we were embarrassed by the Sampson hiring... But now when I ask how it's going they all tell me they are supporting the players and they don't say anything about Crean.

I take from that... The players aren't saying much about Crean.

But is the Hoosiernet blowing up? Have the villagers reached for their Pitchforks?

I've read there isn't much of a recruiting class coming to IU next season (comparatively) and even Crean is retained for next season, his seat will be white hot. Does he cut ties now and get out on his own terms and for a soft landing job like Mizzou? Won't happen unless IU has Alford in the bag, IMO. Some say Sean Miller, but I don't see it. Tony Bennett would make the most sense, but there is some sour grapes there.

The vocal IU fans are decidedly anti-Crean.

Alford won't come and mysteriously isn't wanted by those same fans.

Why would Miller come?

Peegs

I really tire of these mostly young fans who always want to fire everybody.

The vocal IU fans are decidedly anti-Crean.

Alford won't come and mysteriously isn't wanted by those same fans.

Why would Miller come?
    Good questions. Miller and/or Alford wouldn't leave their respective schools, unless Duke, UNC, Kansas or Kentucky came calling. Not sure where IU will go without being disappointed when their first few choices say no (see Notre Dame or Nebraska football). Would you take Chris Mack? Greg Marshall? Archie Miller?

Again, if it weren't for sour grapes, then I'd say Tony Bennett makes the most sense.

Peegs

All due respect TD, Crean has had his shot. He has been @ IU for what 10 seasons? Has had the talent, etc., and doesn't have a elite 8 or final 4 to show for it. The Big 10 regular season championships are fine and all, but if IU is a blue blood as their fans think they are, then that shouldn't be the highlight of any particular season. Fans grow tired of coaches unless championships are won....maybe it has just run it's course with Crean? Maybe best for both parties to move on?

Good questions. Miller and/or Alford wouldn't leave their respective schools, unless Duke, UNC, Kansas or Kentucky came calling. Not sure where IU will go without being disappointed when their first few choices say no (see Notre Dame or Nebraska football). Would you take Chris Mack? Greg Marshall? Archie Miller?

Thinly veiled shot at IU notwithstanding, I have no interest in the coaches mentioned.

Peegs

I guess you must be a lot older now than you were back in the Davis years.

Thinly veiled shot at IU notwithstanding, I have no interest in the coaches mentioned.
    I'm sure their dream list has Alford at the top and Sean Miller. Those say no....then you are the Chris Mack, Greg Marshall, etc., level.

I think the Crean era at IU has ran its course.

All due respect TD, Crean has had his shot. He has been @ IU for what 10 seasons? Has had the talent, etc., and doesn't have a elite 8 or final 4 to show for it. The Big 10 regular season championships are fine and all, but if IU is a blue blood as their fans think they are, then that shouldn't be the highlight of any particular season. Fans grow tired of coaches unless championships are won....maybe it has just run it's course with Crean? Maybe best for both parties to move on?

And I just don't discount the regular season titles like you are so willing to do. He's won the B1G outright 2 of the last 4 years. He's regularly in the Sweet 16. He's a class act and we owe him a debt of gratitude for coming here when nobody else would even consider it. I'm not willing to trash him just because I feel its my birthright to go to Final Fours.

I'm recognize I'm in the minority but I'm okay with that. And until i hear a reasonable replacement I'm not impressed with the calls to fire him.

I'm sure their dream list has Alford at the top and Sean Miller. Those say no....then you are the Chris Mack, Greg Marshall, etc., level.

I think the Crean era at IU has ran its course.

I agree and think its a shame.

It wasn't very long ago that everybody wanted Thad Matta, Shaka Smart, and the guy from Florida Gulf Coast. How are those guys doing?

Did you see Mark Few's comments on why he would never come to IU?