Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NON-IU 2016-17 college basketball thread

Funny how this one, the least egregious of the three, is the one he gets punished the most for. Just no idea wtf he's thinking when it's pretty clear what he's doing and yet he throws a temper tantrum like a child when he gets caught.

Why is it always the White Guy on Duke we hate.
    It's not just Duke, I think it's that way for most schools. And in college football, all fanbases seem to hate their own white LBs/DBs.
    Trying to spell hors d'oeuvres
    Gets upon my hors n'oeuvres

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by midtown View Post
    My precious...

That's accurate.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by StatMan View Post
    Funny how this one, the least egregious of the three, is the one he gets punished the most for. Just no idea wtf he's thinking when it's pretty clear what he's doing and yet he throws a temper tantrum like a child when he gets caught.
    I don't remember the other incidents but this one was pretty egregious in my opinion. He gets beat on defense so he swings his leg out and kicks the other guy behind the knee bringing him down. Just a completely dirty shot with no attempt to disguise it. That and the tantrum on the bench make me think he's a psychopath.

Well, I didn't say this one wasn't egregious. In this one both guys were already tripping over themselves, and he intentionally extends a motion he was already making. The other two from last year were even worse as they were completely out of nowhere jabbing a leg out at an angle nothing like what he was otherwise doing. And IIRC he didn't get any punishment for either of those for some reason.

Brutal loss for Butler @ St. John's. Butler is 0-2 in true road games so far against bad teams.
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Sounds like the flight home was even more brutal.

Lost cabin pressure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Brutal loss for Butler @ St. John's. Butler is 0-2 in true road games so far against bad teams.
    But still undefeated against the top 25 after ending #1 Villanova's 20-game win streak.
    I'm starting to understand why so many women feel negatively toward males. I had always assumed that the predators made up a small fraction of male-kind, but I may have been wrong. When you impose yourself on an unwilling target, you do great harm to both sexes. Time to grow up, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyh View Post
    Sounds like the flight home was even more brutal.

Lost cabin pressure.
    If I ever got on a plane and I found a Soccer team or a Basketball team on the flight I think I would have to cause a ruckus so I'd get kicked off that flight.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    But still undefeated against the top 25 after ending #1 Villanova's 20-game win streak.
    Im happy

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midtown View Post
    My precious...

Fresh off a brutal 1 game suspension, Mr. LSD returned to action tonight.
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "It's hard to watch football anymore, with so many ridiculous things happening. At every level. I can't remember the last game I really enjoyed watching."

Insider
    What's the over under until he does it again?
    Eff LBD!

Driver (PW, 1-putt, bird)
    Just wish we would play like either Butler or Wisconsin....I'm sure most Indiana (Hoosier) fans do.
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Blog Entries
    BTW, #23 Notre Dame beat #9 Louisville last night too.

It might have been a bad autumn of football in our state, but college basketball season is carrying along nicely after its roaring start...

Sagarin through Wednesday's games

13.) Purdue
    17.) Butler
    24.) Notre Dame
    25.) Indiana
    81.) Valparaiso
    101.) Fort Wayne -- apparently their athletics have rebranded from IPFW to plain old Fort Wayne

The only teams with more than one victory against the Sagarin top 25:

Butler (4-0) -- they have the #9 toughest schedule played so far
    Baylor (4-0)
    Louisville (4-3)
    Gonzaga (3-0)
    Villanova (3-1)
    Florida State (2-0)
    Indiana (2-3)
    Temple (2-2)

Baylor wins again. If we win this weekend, we should be Number 1. But mid season rankings are meaningless.
    After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by mattndallas View Post
    Just wish we would play like either Butler or Wisconsin....I'm sure most Indiana (Hoosier) fans do.
    Butler has laid some eggs on the road @ St. John's and ISU. Butler seems to play at the level of competition, something IU appears to do quite often the last few years. However, Crean continues to provide fodder for the fan base and media for his head scratching rotations. Too many primadonna's to try to give minutes?

Just watched the Butler/Villanova game, and that was fun basketball to watch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Butler has laid some eggs on the road @ St. John's and ISU. Butler seems to play at the level of competition, something IU appears to do quite often the last few years. However, Crean continues to provide fodder for the fan base and media for his head scratching rotations. Too many primadonna's to try to give minutes?
    Please remember to keep the Crean talk in the dedicated IU thread. That topic tends to get ugly and flood threads once it gets started.

(Although I haven't seen TD in a while. Anybody hear from him lately?)

Insider
    Going to be a lot of Badger fans watching PIP or on two TVs today with the Purdue game starting ten minutes before the Packer game. Ugh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mstove View Post
    Going to be a lot of Badger fans watching PIP or on two TVs today with the Purdue game starting ten minutes before the Packer game. Ugh.
    Sucks for CBS. They were going to show WIS/PUR at either 1:00 or 4:30, depending on which slot CBS received for the Wild Card. When they got the early game (MIA/PIT), they settled on 4:30.

They just got unlucky that FOX was carrying the Packers at the same time. I imagine the Packers will get a much higher share than the Badgers will.

(Boiler Up!)

Fresh off a brutal 1 game suspension
    "indefinite"

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Sucks for CBS. They were going to show WIS/PUR at either 1:00 or 4:30, depending on which slot CBS received for the Wild Card. When they got the early game (MIA/PIT), they settled on 4:30.

They just got unlucky that FOX was carrying the Packers at the same time. I imagine the Packers will get a much higher share than the Badgers will.

(Boiler Up!)
    Yeah, most people will choose the playoff football game over the regular season basketball game, while some will do PIP like we will. Percentage wise, not too many will pick basketball over a Packer playoff game. I may try and watch the basketball game up until half while DVRing the Packers and go PIP after that. But it is really hard to avoid scores and I just do not enjoy watching sports when I know the outcome so I may simply go PIP and switch back and forth (big/small screen) from the start. Debated bringing up a second TV but likely won't.

I will be watching my Boilers, and flipping to the game during breaks in the B1G action.

BOILER UP!!!!!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    I will be watching my Boilers, and flipping to the game during breaks in the B1G action.

BOILER UP!!!!!
    It is definitely easier if your home team isn't in the opposite NFL slot.

It is definitely easier if your home team isn't in the opposite NFL slot.
    Absolutely!

Purdue's Swanigan is a beast, and he's playing like one again tonight. PU out shooting WI 55%-38% so far.

Resident of the NE Vista Mario4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Purdue's Swanigan is a beast, and he's playing like one again tonight. PU out shooting WI 55%-38% so far.
    Swanigan will be gone after this year so we better enjoy him while he's here. Purdue looked very solid yesterday except for the turnovers. I hope they can build consistency. I opted to watch the NFL game and DVR the Purdue game. Turned off the cell phone and stayed off the internet so as to not get spoilers. It was a great afternoon - evening of sports viewing on a cold January day.
    "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Granted it's early January, but the Baylor Bears are ranked No. 1 for the first time ever in Men's Basketball. And the Lady Bears are No. 2 for good measure in the Women's polls.

We will see how long it lasts, seeing that we take on No. 10 West Virginia tomorrow night in Morgantown, then travel to No. 25 Kansas State Saturday, and we go to No. 2 Kansas on February 1.

But it will be nice while it lasts!!!!!!!!

Sic 'em Bears!!!!!!!!

Why does the only active college basketball thread have to be discriminatory?

Mine you that I'm not particularity interested in talking about I.U. Basketball this season... I'm just against most "isms" especially when people flaunt theirs in the thread title.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Why does the only active college basketball thread have to be discriminatory?

Mine you that I'm not particularity interested in talking about I.U. Basketball this season... I'm just against most "isms" especially when people flaunt theirs in the thread title.
    It wasn't discriminatory in any way. There was already an IU thread. By your definition, that was "discriminatory," although I didn't have any problem with it.

Because IU debates (typically a re-hash about how Crean is a great recruiter but terrible bench coach and such) often overwhelm regular CBB threads, it made perfect sense to have a non-IU thread in addition to the IU thread.

Glad I could clear that up for you (and it was touched on a couple times previously in this thread). Maybe just ask for the clarification next time, and save the snark in case the explanation isn't completely reasonable.

I was making fun of the fact that none of us I.U. fans have had much to say recently about I.U. Basketball thread... to the point it's fallen off the front page.

Sometimes when I poke... I'm just poking myself.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.