Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NON-IU 2016-17 college basketball thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasserfan View Post
    Granted it's early January, but the Baylor Bears are ranked No. 1 for the first time ever in Men's Basketball.
    All you had to do was put a kid from Butler in charge.
    If you agree with ISIS and really think God/Nature sends hurricanes as punishment, please explain why he is so angry at Barbuda...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    The Baylor Way!!!

Do we have to make this the Non IU and non Butler thread?

We are very glad to have Scott and Kim Mulkey. We don't want either leaving or going back to their Alma maters.
    After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasserfan View Post
    Do we have to make this the Non IU and non Butler thread?

Scott Drew is a cheater.
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

And cheat.

Blog Entries
    How dare I believe for a minute that there could be a fun conversation around here...

I am very pleased with what Scott Drew and Kim Mulkey have done at Baylor. Look forward to tonight's game in West Virginia.

How dare I believe for a minute that there could be a fun conversation around here...
    Pot meet kettle....

Blog Entries
    *facepalm*

Good luck, Vasserfan.

*facepalm*

Good luck, Vasserfan.
    Thanks.

We're #1, We're #1, oops, now we aren't.

Yes Baylor, there is a West Virginia!

Blog Entries
    Down at least 18 in the second half, Butler beat Marquette going away at Hinkle today.

MrsMopars told me that Butler's Joey Brunk has been redshirted but I haven't seen or heard anything else about that. Anyone else hear anything on that?

Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    MrsMopars told me that Butler's Joey Brunk has been redshirted but I haven't seen or heard anything else about that. Anyone else hear anything on that?
    Not sure it has formally been decided, but Brunk has filed for a hardship red shirt. His father is currently battling some form of brain cancer and has unable to be with the team because of being with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Not sure it has formally been decided, but Brunk has filed for a hardship red shirt. His father is currently battling some form of brain cancer and has unable to be with the team because of being with his family.
    OH NO! I am so sorry to hear that!!!

B1G TV Announcer: "Penn State playing in one of the most hostile environments in college basketball."

I attended Purdue with Matt Painter and a friend/lab partner of mine was a team manager, and lived with Matt for 4 years.
    We absolutely hated the (lack of) atmosphere and student seating at Purdue, and so did Painter.
    He was always on Coach Keady to take on the AD to get students seated down low and behind the baskets, but Keady wanted nothing to do with it because those that supported the program were being rewarded for doing so.

I have to say that since he returned to Purdue, Painter has really changed the atmosphere at Mackey and it is indeed a hostile environment for visiting teams!

And Caleb Swanigan is a beast!!!

Blog Entries
    Butler having trouble ... at DePaul.

Hopefully Butler draws a good team in the NCAA Tournament.

The clock operator really f'ed up the Georgia @ Texas A&M game, assisted by either bad refs or a bad rulebook, I'm not sure.

Apparently if the clock stops during the final possession, the refs just pretend it didn't and calculate the result from there, even though the players made decisions based on the clock. It paused at 5.6 in the game with Georgia down one, and Georgia took about 6 seconds to shoot from that point, so the refs just said the game was over. Pretty ludicrous to me. If the scoreboard or clock is flat-out wrong, player decisions made in that time frame shouldn't stand. If the scoreboard said a team was up 1 instead of down 1, so they played keepaway for a few seconds (and succeeded) instead of trying to shoot, would that stand after the refs realized the scoreboard operator goofed?

Or I wonder if it works that way for other clock malfunctions too. If the operator starts the clock early (say, when the inbounder receives the ball, before he throws it in and a teammate touches it), and a guy sees the clock go down to under 1 seconds and throws up a wild prayer (though there should really be 4-5 seconds left, not 1), do the refs say the missed shot stands and just have the defense in-bound the ball with 4 seconds left or whatever? That would sure be tempting for home clock operators to do by "accident".

Heck, it'd be tempting right now for them to pause the clock for 2-3 seconds and then start it again during a final possession by a trailing visiting team. That way the visiting team thinks they have longer to shoot than they really do, and by the standard set in the Georgia-A&M game, the result would stand. Now I don't think the A&M scoreboard operator did it on purpose in this case (why would you stop the clock altogether, you'd probably expect that would hurt your team and possibly give the opponents a re-do). But it's still pretty dumb that the last possession wasn't replayed.
    Trying to spell hors d'oeuvres
    Gets upon my hors n'oeuvres

Butler having trouble ... at DePaul.

Hopefully Butler draws a good team in the NCAA Tournament.

They certainly don't like to make it easier for themselves, huh? Glad they got a road win, but man Butler getting down in the first half for both playing bad defense and poor offensively has become a trend. I thought they were finally going to get bitten Saturday, but they didn't. They are an enigma on the road and their true upperclassmen (i.e., Kelan Martin and Andrew Charbascz) have been non-factors. Team was led by a one and done senior transfer and a freshman (who has been a huge factor late in games many times this year).

Alec Peters broke Bryce Drew's record for the all time points scored at Valpo yesterday. He has had an impressive senior season averaging 24 pts/game and 10.5 reb/game this year. I just hope that Valpo can win the Horizon league tournament this year to get a chance at the Big Dance instead of the NIT again (assuming they win the Horizon league).

Oh, and I did not catch that he is also the career leader in rebounds at Valpo.

I suspect we're gonna get that Tom Crean look again after this Michigan game...

#boilerup
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Odd.

I thought this was the non-IU thread.

So is it okay to compare banners?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014 & 2015 IEFA State Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Odd.

Oh the banner play....that's original. 30 years ago about the last time IU played defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Odd.

I was trolling and reveling in IU's misery. Sorry.

Plus, I couldn't locate the IU thread. Hooiser fans seem a little quiet this year except for Peegs... where they are in full meltdown mode.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    Plus, I couldn't locate the IU thread.
    http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...ball-2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Oh the banner play....that's original. 30 years ago about the last time IU played defense.
    Old banners > no banners

{yawn}

Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    I was trolling and reveling in IU's misery. Sorry.

Plus, I couldn't locate the IU thread. Hooiser fans seem a little quiet this year except for Peegs... where they are in full meltdown mode.

I don't go to peegs. I prefer to think IU fans are superior to those of other teams. If I go to peegs I can't make that claim.

Blog Entries
    So, anyway, back to the non-IU portion of the thread.

According to ESPN's Bracketology, the #1 seeds today would be Villanova, Baylor, Gonzaga, and Kansas.

Butler would be #3, Purdue #4, and Notre Dame #5.

Northwestern would be #7.

So, anyway, back to the non-IU portion of the thread.

Was this part necessary?

For the record I didn't bring up IU but I will reply when somebody does.