Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NON-IU 2016-17 college basketball thread

Minnesota - their last play of the game - showed why you always follow your shot!

Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyCarFan100 View Post
    Minnesota - their last play of the game - showed why you always follow your shot!
    They are making a big deal of that in the local news but the simple fact is with 3.5 seconds left a player is stupid not to considering that's all that is left to do or can be done when behind. Normally players have the bad habits of fading away from their shot with anticipation of getting back on defense with the odds the defense will rebound and a fast break by their man might burn them.

The Golden Gophers finally turned the table. They lost several games they were leading in the last minutes this year. I guess it evens out.
    Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
    Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
    Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
    They are making a big deal of that in the local news but the simple fact is with 3.5 seconds left a player is stupid not to considering that's all that is left to do or can be done when behind. Normally players have the bad habits of fading away from their shot with anticipation of getting back on defense with the odds the defense will rebound and a fast break by their man might burn them.

The Golden Gophers finally turned the table. They lost several games they were leading in the last minutes this year. I guess it evens out.
    It is kind of a big deal when you see it not happen way more often than not - especially for IU.

Thank you Michigan.... #BoilerUp #HammerDown
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Wisconsin is fading.

Purdue is the best team in the B1G regardless of how things finish out.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014 & 2015 IEFA State Champs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Wisconsin is fading.

Wisconsin, Purdue, and Maryland each have two perplexing conference losses. It's just that the Badgers suffered two in a row.

I think all three have a legit claim to be the best in the conference. It's hard for me to elevate any of the three above the others right now.
    If you agree with ISIS and really think God/Nature sends hurricanes as punishment, please explain why he is so angry at Barbuda...

Wisconsin is fading.

This year it seems a majority of the top 30 teams in the country have faded at some point during the season. It's the bounce back that is key. ND and Butler have gone through recent struggles. Purdue has lost some games they shouldn't have, etc. IU's season is toast.

Also, did you hear about the Crean to NC State rumors?
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Quote Originally Posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    Also, did you hear about the Crean to NC State rumors?
    No but I strongly believe he is done at IU. Rumors are stirring about the AD making a run at Billy Donovan. I wouldn't be mad about that.

Unless it's your alma mater or you grew up in the area, why would a pro coach voluntarily quit and coach College?

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyh View Post
    Unless it's your alma mater or you grew up in the area, why would a pro coach voluntarily quit and coach College?

Easier. Nick Saban came back.

Might like college girls.

I don't know or care. He's experimenting in the NBA right now and not having Brad Stevens-type success.

Hell, I don't care why as long as he does it. Frankly I don't care if he doesn't as long as IU gets a good coach from somewhere.

No but I strongly believe he is done at IU. Rumors are stirring about the AD making a run at Billy Donovan. I wouldn't be mad about that.
    Donovan would be a major upgrade.

Did not expect Purdue to punk MSU like that.

Insider
    The second half was the best the Badgers have looked in weeks. Hope that is a sign of a return to form.
    Eff LBD!

Plays well with Others
    Ball State quietly having a solid season....MAC West leader by a game, 17-10 overall, might have a chance to crack 20 wins for the first time since 2001-2002. The Big Dance isn't likely with the East being so dominant, but maybe the NIT, and build from there. Finally they are getting back in their feet since the dumpster fire that was Ronnie Thompson.
    "We named the dog Indiana"

59-54 Purdue with 3:20 to go...

I gotta be honest here,

I.U. fan here... But a non I.U. thread is right up may alley this season. I'm too damaged to watch live so I'll DVR it peek at the score in the morning and decide then whether to watch it or not.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

Huge win for Butler last night over Villanova - ending V's 48 game home winning streak!

Also a nice win for the Gophers last night at Maryland.

This season has been a fun ride. They are a young team, getting hot at the right time. I'm looking forward to a Selection Sunday show where I'm looking for seeding and matchups instead of just hoping to get in.

Blog Entries
    Butler seed is a little high, IMO. But, they have the resume to-date. They still have 4 tough road games. If they finish top 3 in league and win a Big East Championship game (haven't yet), then maybe a 3 seed. But I see them settling at a 4, no lower than a 6.
    Like I said. Two really bad performances @ home and it appears the wheels are starting to fall off a bit. My guess, 21-9 to finish the regular season, 4th or 5th in BE, lose in BE tourney (haven't won a game yet) and get a 6 or 7 seed.
    Maybe you should have stuck with your first prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Maybe you should have stuck with your first prediction.
    It's a fluid season obviously

Great win. Butler matches up really well with Nova.

Trouble for Creighton's point guard? On the Wooden watch list but is accused of raping a woman on a couple weeks after blowing his knee out. Police issued a felony warrant for his arrest.

Blog Entries
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Blog Entries
    Butler faced an onslaught of back-to-back road games at Villanova and Xavier. I was approaching it as if one win out of two would be an accomplishment.

The Bulldogs completed the two-game sweep today at Xavier.

I'm very glad they did too. It was a nice diversion from an incredibly dull race and it should silence my nephews who went to Xavier and are obnoxiously anti-Butler.

I love the road win yesterday more than Wednesday.

Anybody been keeping a special eye out for Butler freshman Kamar Baldwin? Goodness, he was lethal yesterday on both ends. Dare I say Gordon Hayward type athleticism?

Blog Entries
    24-7 Valpo lost its leading scorer and rebounder for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    24-7 Valpo lost its leading scorer and rebounder for the season.

That's a killer. Alec Peters is a stud.

Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    The biggest turnaround this year in the Big 10 is Minnesota. They just won their 8th straight Big 10 game to go up 11-6 and 23-7 overall. Last year they only won 8 games the whole season. They are losing only one senior off the squad.

The other big news is Northwestern. They will most likely be in the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. There are very few other teams that have never been in it -- Army, The Citadel and William & Mary.

Blog Entries
    They will most likely be in the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. There are very few other teams that have never been in it -- Army, The Citadel and William & Mary.
    Teams get added to DI almost every year, and a few of them who have been eligible for only a couple years should also be included, such as NJIT.

The biggest turnaround this year in the Big 10 is Minnesota. They just won their 8th straight Big 10 game to go up 11-6 and 23-7 overall. Last year they only won 8 games the whole season. They are losing only one senior off the squad.

The other big news is Northwestern. They will most likely be in the NCAA tournament for the first time ever. There are very few other teams that have never been in it -- Army, The Citadel and William & Mary.
    Big Ten was down this year. IU, tOSU, Wisky and MSU all had down years.