Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL offseason

Blog Entries
    U of WA WR John Ross just set a record in the Combine 40, ran a 4.22. Previous record was Chris Johnson at 4.24. Ross cramped up a bit at the end, will not make a second run.

Blog Entries

If the Bears sign Glennon and pay him 13-15 mil per then I'm jumping off a cliff.

Blog Entries
    I've seen Glennon play. He wears a giant helmet, looks like Spaceballs.

Adrian Peterson and Brandon Marshall both want to join the Patriots.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014 & 2015 IEFA State Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Adrian Peterson and Brandon Marshall both want to join the Patriots.
    ...which is exactly why I don't kneel-and-bow to the almighty Pats like so many do, praising them for how impressive their run of success in the free agency era has been.

When you get your pick of the free agent market -- most of them willing to take less money to play in NE than elsewhere -- it's easier to successfully re-stock for them than it is for, say, Cleveland or Jacksonville.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by MM658 View Post
    ...which is exactly why I don't kneel-and-bow to the almighty Pats like so many do, praising them for how impressive their run of success in the free agency era has been.

When you get your pick of the free agent market -- most of them willing to take less money to play in NE than elsewhere -- it's easier to successfully re-stock for them than it is for, say, Cleveland or Jacksonville.
    Of course, one could argue that the reason they get who they want now (not exactly true, but I take your point) is that their run has been so successful players are interested in going there. They don't play in a particularly inviting location for some players and it isn't like the moment the current management walked in the door free agents instantly were in love with playing in Foxboro.
    Eff LBD!

Blog Entries
    This is ... weird. 'The Four of Us' shows a pregnant Ciara, her son - and Russell Wilson's hands as he is hidden behind her:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    If the Bears sign Glennon and pay him 13-15 mil per then I'm jumping off a cliff.
    Glendon and his noodle arm would be an awful signing. His ball velocity at the combine was 49mph. There is one starter in the NFL under 54 mph, and that is Tyrod Taylor.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/...ine-2008-2015/

Blog Entries
    John Clayton says whatever team gets Glennon - and there are 4 in pursuit - they will pay him at least $15 million.

I don't even know who he is.

Copied from a Tweet on my Twitter feed:

Sources tell Adam Schefter and me the Dallas Cowboys will release Tony Romo on Thursday, the first day of the league year. Romo will leave the Cowboys as the franchise leader in passing yards and touchdowns after a 14-year run with the team, including 10 years as the starter. Denver and Houston are expected to be among the teams interested in Romo, who turns 37 in April. What is not known is whether the Cowboys will outright release him or designate him as a post-June 1 cut.
    Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Blog Entries
    I don't even know who he is.
    John Clayton is an ESPN reporter who used to be in Pittsburgh, now based in Seattle; a lot of his work on ESPN.com goes uncredited.

He works round the clock, 7 days a week, takes off 10 days in the summer and hates it. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2007.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/bios/john-clayton/

I know who Clayton is. I was referring to Glennon.

Blog Entries
    I prefer to think of Romo as the guy with the #4 all-time passer rating. Injuries caught up with him later in his career, but after he took over in mid-2006, he missed only 15 of the next 138 games (with 10 of them coming in a single season).

After a revolving door of QBs and a mediocre stretch of seasons post-Aikman, Romo provided stability and aided the franchise's return to relevance. For much of his career, Dallas had a top-7 offense. It's just a shame that they didn't have the defenses they needed to achieve more sustained success.
    If you agree with ISIS and really think God/Nature sends hurricanes as punishment, please explain why he is so angry at Barbuda...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    I prefer to think of Romo as the guy with the #4 all-time passer rating. Injuries caught up with him later in his career, but after he took over in mid-2006, he missed only 15 of the next 138 games (with 10 of them coming in a single season).

After a revolving door of QBs and a mediocre stretch of seasons post-Aikman, Romo provided stability and aided the franchise's return to relevance. For much of his career, Dallas had a top-7 offense. It's just a shame that they didn't have the defenses they needed to achieve more sustained success.
    An honest and fair assessment of an above-average QB that did not have a supporting cast for most of his career to win a championship.

I hope he signs with Denver, Houston or some other playoff caliber team and wins a SB. Prove his doubters wrong just like my Chicago Cubs did in 2016.

Blog Entries
    I know who Clayton is. I was referring to Glennon.
    He's the guy NC State kept when their coach refused to let Russell Wilson play spring baseball. NC State and Glennon went 8-5. Wilson went to Wisconsin who went 11-3, losing a heartbreaker in the Rose Bowl when the ref wound the clock early.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WatsonRoadster9 View Post
    An honest and fair assessment of an above-average QB that did not have a supporting cast for most of his career to win a championship.

I hope he signs with Denver, Houston or some other playoff caliber team and wins a SB. Prove his doubters wrong just like my Chicago Cubs did in 2016.
    Nobody doubts his talent. The issue is his health; I don't see any way he can play a full 16 games plus the playoffs without getting hurt.

Blog Entries
    The same kinds of things -- even more pessimistic than that -- were being said about Peyton Manning, before he rattled off three complete seasons, including the best QB season in NFL history.

Romo wasn't hurt through simply playing football as an old guy. He suffered huge hits that likely would have hurt any QB. I understand that older QBs take longer to heal, but that doesn't mean he is any more injury-prone than any other QB.

(I shouldn't have to say this, but I do: I'm not saying Romo is Manning. The comparison is limited to top-level QBs who missed a full season late in their career.)

Blog Entries
    Romo has broken the same collarbone twice and had surgery on it several times. He's also broken bones in his back three times and had multiple surgeries on that. He's missed games because a sprained shoulder and a bruised hand and sprained fingers. Those last are less concerning.

There is next to no chance he can play a full season without an injury to his back or his collarbone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    There is next to no chance he can play a full season without an injury to his back or his collarbone.
    These comments always make me laugh.

Geez, I just thought the memes were funny.

Blog Entries
    Geez, I just thought the memes were funny.
    Geez, I just thought I was offering an alternative viewpoint.

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by truth detector View Post
    geez, i just thought the memes were funny. :d
    Ren is a glass and one-half full kinda guy...
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "Passive aggressive BS. You aren't interested in learning anything from what I have to say. "

Blog Entries
    These comments always make me laugh.
    Tony Romo has played 5 games in the last 2 years and only played 6 games in 2010.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jim, I'm well aware of the stats, and I don't think they say what you're trying to get them to say.

Reports are out now that Romo will not be released but will be traded!
    "My favorite time of the day at the Speedway during the month of May was just after dusk, after the track had closed down for day, I used to go out and sit on the pit wall and just listen and think"~ Dick Ralstin