Thread: Closet Space

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Closet Space

For those of us with very significant others,
    what percentage of the closet space do your clothes occupy
    in comparison to the space allocated to the love of your life?

I have just a couple jackets, and suits; most of it is work shirts, golf shirts and leisure shirts.
    I have about 30% of the space.
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "It's hard to watch football anymore, with so many ridiculous things happening. At every level. I can't remember the last game I really enjoyed watching."

Blog Entries
    I'm divorced and live in a 4 bedroom house. Everything is on hangars in closets except socks and underwear.

I have about 50% of the main closet, but there are other closets that are off limits to anything of mine so I probably have about 25-30% of total closet real estate.

Maybe 20%.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

We actually have two master bedroom closets. One is really large and the other is about half the size of the large one. I get the small one...but I cheat and hijacked most of a spare bedroom closet for storage of off season clothing. My wife is a packrat and either wears clothing until it falls apart (them makes quilts from scraps) or just keeps sentimental pieces around. She is pushing 60 and still has things from high school. I am trying to purge as much as possible because you can't take it from earth when you depart and I know none of my kids or grandkids will want my old stuff. But I digress. I'd say our closet ratio is about 60/40.
    Supporting Indy Car racing since 1959

It's about 60 - 40.
    But, I have the whole garage.

I could do with less if - I would - just take that stuff you never wear to Goodwill!
    My stuff just hangs wherever, mrs goner rotates her closet contents by the season and everything is neatly organized by color and use and on special hangers or neatly folded.

Last week I was presented with a new hat organizer to hang on the wall. After putting it up and getting the hats in place I re-discovered some. Like that Lincoln Welding hat I stole from a garage & had Donald & Keith Ward sign for S's & Giggles when I crash bombed them as they were just seconds from going on air and freaking out. Hilarious. A fun goofy story and a good memory that maybe should have just stayed closeted.

75% all t-shirts. I love t-shirts: NASCAR, Indy, NHRA, Chicago Cubs, 80s related. And I have a man cave and 1 spot in the garage for my Mopar. She has the other spot. My keep my daily driver in the driveway as a concession

... --- ...
    50/50 after downsizing to a smaller home.
    ...---...

rex 30, Mrs rex 70.

And if rex took his time to throw out what he doesn't really wear, I have no doubt it would be closer to 15/85.
    "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

We have two equal in size master bedroom closets, she was hers and I have mine. Hall closets for coats and the like is about 60/40 her advantage.
    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

http://www.jacksracephotos.net/

Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    We just moved into a new home this past Monday. Distribution is yet to be determined.
    Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
    Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
    Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    rex 30, Mrs rex 70.

And if rex took his time to throw out what he doesn't really wear.
    I rotate all my pants front to back on a rack. Clean and laundered in the back, push the rest to the front. If a pair comes off the front and look bad or "shrunk", they go in a tote for the Salvation Army. Try to the same thing with shirts. Short sleeves on one side of the closet, long on the others.

I'm getting better about tossing things out - I used to keep old or ugly stuff; 'I might need this to work in the garage...' That didn't happen.

T-shirts are about 60/20/20 Seahawks/Indy cars/Hawaii.

About 50-50. We built a new home about 5 years ago with a big walk-in master closet and both have space to spare. The old house we lived in for 15 years ago was built in the 1950s, and we each had a tiny closet, but she also had a stand-alone wardrobe.

My significant other is LeRoy my schizophrenic alternative me... It's a pain but he's black and he's a hit with the ladies so I pass on the medications.

My closet is full of t-shirts and cycling wear.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

I don't have any closets in my condo. I have the water closet and the other door has the HVAC air handler, I fit 4 gallons of paint beside it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt