Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How old is your computer?

I crashed my HP after my 2nd season shooting Late Models. It wasn't made for processing photography. I got the HP when digital photography was still in its infancy, . 2012 is when I stepped up into the Imac and that is when computers began to make sense to me. Drag and drop was made for me, because I still don't know what the heck I'm doing. It's what I got and its what I know how to use. This Mac costs me about 200 bucks a year to maintain, the operating system gets updated all the time and I don't keep up with it, until she finally konks out. I'm stoopid, so I pay Geek Squad, and sit there and watch someone take over my computer and start driving all around it like a wizard on steroids. STOP!!! go back and show me how you did that. The computer is empty, except for 100,000 photos. When I got to 100,000, everything shut down, and I figured out on my own how to go in and clean it out. I typically shoot 200, 500, or a 1000 shots in a day, but i kept every single shot. Now I've learned to skim the cream and dump the rest. If I do that and avoid nude women, this thing will keep going and going.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Drafting room trash
    Cinco de Mayo 2016 was my last workday.

Bought this one (my first) on the way home.

When Did Cypress get the internet?

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

Blog Entries
    Our home is like the Island of Misfit Toys for Macs. Nothing newer than 2008, I think, and the only one bought new was Shell's. One of the few benefits to being in IT is you get old machines to play with.
    "And our credo: 'Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc: We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.' Not just pretty words."

Jamski: A cheap date, but an expensive pet.

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation