Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: This stuff is insanely good...

  1. #1
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,718

    This stuff is insanely good...

    Bought some the other day and tried it when I got into the car and by the time I got home the bag was empty. This is my third bag this week.



    Called my friend with the Korean wife and she is e-mailing me her Korean BBQ marinate recipe so I can stop paying 5 bucks for 2.25 oz. of the stuff.

    "Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."



  2. #2
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,546
    Are you going to share the recipe with the rest of the class?


  3. #3
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,718
    Be on the look out for a new thread on the glorious Food forum... I don't mind sharing.

  4. #4
    ... --- ...
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    22,838
    Please do share. Korean BBQ has been on my list for a few years now...just never gotten around to it.
    ...---...

  5. #5
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Be on the look out for a new thread on the glorious Food forum... I don't mind sharing.

  6. #6
    Drafting room trash
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cypress, Texas
    Posts
    3,693
    It sounds addictive.

    Please flip the bag over so I can read how many grams of carbs are included.

  7. #7
    Outsider West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,274
    Can you get some with Gluten in it?

  8. #8
    Insider beej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    10,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Bought some the other day and tried it when I got into the car and by the time I got home the bag was empty. This is my third bag this week.



    Called my friend with the Korean wife and she is e-mailing me her Korean BBQ marinate recipe so I can stop paying 5 bucks for 2.25 oz. of the stuff.
    Bought a variety pack from this company months ago, not even sure from where. Crazy good and $$ Loved the Korean and the ginger teriyaki the best...
    "My favorite time of the day at the Speedway during the month of May was just after dusk, after the track had closed down for day, I used to go out and sit on the pit wall and just listen and think"~ Dick Ralstin

  9. #9
    iLl-enfORmed yOKel Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    56,546
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer View Post
    It sounds addictive.

    Please flip the bag over so I can read how many grams of carbs are included.
    Nutrition facts (click button for pop-up).

    That's an extreme about of sodium for a small one-ounce serving, or 1200 mg in Frank's entire-bag serving. That's over half the RDA for sodium in a healthy adult, or 80% for an adult on a low-sodium diet.
    I'm starting to understand why so many women feel negatively toward males. I had always assumed that the predators made up a small fraction of male-kind, but I may have been wrong. When you impose yourself on an unwilling target, you do great harm to both sexes. Time to grow up, boys.

  10. #10
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,546
    I'm marinating an attempt at Korean chicken thighs in the fridge right now for the grill tonight!

  11. #11
    Insider beej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    10,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Nutrition facts (click button for pop-up).

    That's an extreme about of sodium for a small one-ounce serving, or 1200 mg in Frank's entire-bag serving. That's over half the RDA for sodium in a healthy adult, or 80% for an adult on a low-sodium diet.
    It is jerky! It is always going to be high in sodium, no matter the brand...

  12. #12
    Insider beej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    10,380
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    I'm marinating an attempt at Korean chicken thighs in the fridge right now for the grill tonight!
    Let us know the results!

  13. #13
    iLl-enfORmed yOKel Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    56,546
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    It is jerky! It is always going to be high in sodium, no matter the brand...
    I know that.

    But I have been finding some lower-sodium (but still tasty) versions of notoriously salty foods. Like sausage, of all things.

  14. #14
    Bingo Award Winner! Media Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Posts
    10,934
    Go to your closest Korean restaurant or international grocery store and buy some kimchee. I guess it's an acquired taste, but...YUM!
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

  15. #15
    iLl-enfORmed yOKel Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    56,546
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
    I guess it's an acquired taste, but...YUM!
    twss

  16. #16
    Insider goner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Somewhere where she's never been before.
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
    I guess it's an acquired taste, but...YUM!

    http://www.heroinhelper.com/

    I think I'm getting my threads crossed.

  17. #17
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,718
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Let us know the results!
    And your recipe... I'm still waiting for my email.

  18. #18
    ... --- ...
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    22,838
    Where are you getting it? We are in Florida for another week but I've yet to see any.

  19. #19
    iLl-enfORmed yOKel Ren Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    56,546
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseczar View Post
    Where are you getting it? We are in Florida for another week but I've yet to see any.
    http://lorissaskitchen.com/locations/

  20. #20
    Insider MoparsRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Posts
    65,546
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Let us know the results!
    Ingredients: I used this recipe, with Sweet Baby Ray's instead of the KC Masterpiece... and it was incredible!!!

    http://www.adashofsanity.com/2016/05...becue-chicken/


    I also smoked the chicken for 1 hour, then placed it on a very hot grill to finish it and baste it - instead of using the oven.

    WAS AMAZING!!!!

  21. #21
    Insider Frank Capua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Wearin' my Vans down by the River...
    Posts
    48,718
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseczar View Post
    Where are you getting it? We are in Florida for another week but I've yet to see any.
    I've seen it at Walmart and Publix.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •