Thread: DCR Photos

DCR Photos

Afternoon everyone,

We are in the process of working on a historical project that has a tight time window. We are looking for photos from the 2009 WGI win and photos from the early days of DCR. If you would not mind sharing your photos with us it would be most appreciated. We are in a very tight time schedule and need them by tomorrow.

If you want to share them directly with the team vs. posting them on this site, please let me know and I can put you in contract with the right folks.

Thank you in advance for your help in getting our project done.

Baxter B.

Insider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter B View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

We are in the process of working on a historical project that has a tight time window. We are looking for photos from the 2009 WGI win and photos from the early days of DCR. If you would not mind sharing your photos with us it would be most appreciated. We are in a very tight time schedule and need them by tomorrow.

If you want to share them directly with the team vs. posting them on this site, please let me know and I can put you in contract with the right folks.

Thank you in advance for your help in getting our project done.

Baxter B.

Here's two of my favorites from the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
    Here's two of my favorites from the early days.

Those are really cool. Crazy to look at that "roll bar" now.

I asked William Hamby on Facebook and he has provided a bunch on a thread for your use.
    i haven't figured out how to post a link to that here, but will when I figure it out.
    Memories of Indy 2012:
    ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
    Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Is that Coyne self designed car?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    Is that Coyne self designed car? [sic]
    No. The car in the photographs is a March 86C-Chevy (NA) Dale Coyne's team used in 1987-1988. The 86C was designed by Adrian Newey.

The DC-1 the team used in 1986 was Lola-based. From my 2015 post:

Coyne's DC-1 was an ex-Newman-Haas Lola T800 with new bodywork crafted by Coyne and Bernie Myers. The running gear was all '84 Lola.

When Eric Broadley was asked about Coyne's tinkering with one of his company's CART creations in order to shoehorn a pushrod Chevy in the back, his one-word answer summed up his feelings. The Lola founder simply answered, "Why?"