Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooters

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hooters

I may have been once, years ago...

But there is one right across the street from where I am working on a project.
    Out of sheer exhaustion---and sweat and dust---I have gone a couple times for my evening meal.

I am left with these observations...

The food is average.
    The bartenders are friendly to the point of being annoying.
    I am surprised how many people bring thier small children in.
    When the TVs only have Summer NBA it is pretty sad.

I guess I am more of a darkened bar kinda guy.
    But after I clean up...
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.” ~~numb
    "It's hard to watch football anymore, with so many ridiculous things happening. At every level. I can't remember the last game I really enjoyed watching."

Never been a fan of Hooters. Love the concept and I'm glad they're around but I have never liked the food and my view of the girls went from "not attractive" to "sad".
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Never been a fan of Hooters. Love the concept and I'm glad they're around but I have never liked the food and my view of the girls went from "not attractive" to "sad".
    I wasn't going to bring that up, but other than a bartender one night, it has been true...

Blog Entries
    We had a Hooters here in the City Beautiful from about 2003-2012. My son went once with some high school buddies. Was impressed with none of it. Probably why it's gone. If your Hooters can't turn on a bunch of horny high school punks, what's the point of going on??

I think there might be 3 left in Indy. Haven't been in years.

Plays well with Others
    I haven't been in years either. I think I read they got rid of the rule, but I remember the servers having to wear those weird pantyhose....and the outfits were really dated, though with women wearing high waisted jeans again maybe they're back in style. Anyway, it's just not my thing. The food is below average IMO. And there are better options for that style of restaurant (eye candy) anyways today. Twin Peaks, Tilted Kilt, and a few others come to mind. I stopped in to Twin Peaks bc JMV was doing a remote broadcast from there a few months back and was pretty amazed at the sights...lol.

The one thing that always creeped me out was the "overly friendly" guy who would chat up the waitresses, tip big, thinking he had a shot. It felt like a clothed strip club in that sense. It just didn't sit right with me, which is why I don't frequent places like Hooters. Not judging, just not my cup of tea.
    "We named the dog Indiana"

Blog Entries
    Hooter's like indycar has it's place in the where to spend your money world... in my youth i enjoyed hooter's and indycar, in my "senior years" i still enjoy indycar
    returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

We used to go quite often when in the 18-25 range of life, but I go about once or twice a year now, and I do like their wings - but only in the once or twice a year category now.

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Yup, the food was average and these days you can see women showing that much skin pretty much anywhere except church.

I bet it's been 20 years since I set foot in one.
    "If Brian France sold tractors, people would quit farming." -attackforumfan

I never cared for getting the stripper-tude from someone who wasn't taking her clothes off.
    Last edited by Frank Capua; 07-20-2017 at 11:24 PM.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

I used to love their hot wings.
    Then, about 15 years ago, they changed their dry rub to that awful sauce. Haven't been back for a long time.
    "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Like most gimmick restaurants where the emphasis is on something besides the food, the food is poor. Like too many wanna be sports bars, most times nobody that works there is paying attention to what is on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Agreed. I quit going after my favorite, "Chevy" left the Southport store several years ago. She was friendly and always smiling and of course a beauty. Her poster used to adorn the place and she modeled on one of the national calendars.

Except for meeting a friend at the downtown Indy location prior to a Colts game a couple of years ago, I don't go there anymore.

Blog Entries
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Atlanta,IN (Southeastern Tipton County, not a 29er)
    I'm still pissed that they couldn't have a competent pilot for Alan Kulwicki.
    Jim Naden Atlanta, Indiana

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
    Thomas Sowell

Blog Entries
    I usually hit Hooters in Panama City Beach one evening for beers and to watch the sunset from the deck when I'm on vacation down there. The wings are OK only. The only sandwich I really liked was called the Cuban and the last time I went it wasn't on the menu anymore.

The last one I went to one was in Downers Grove, IL a couple years ago. Walked in around 4pm and the place was pretty deserted. Ordered a burger... meh.... and a couple beers. The gals were relatively attractive, nothing great though.

I'm another that has always thought parents bringing their kids into a Hooters was sort of creepy.

I don't go to 'breastaurants' much, but when I do I prefer them in this order:

1. Twin Peaks. Primary reason: The food is far and away better than the others.
    2. Tilted Kilt. The food is OK depending on the location but across the nation the scantily clad young staff is more friendly and tends to be nicer looking. They could not make it work in the hot part of downtown Indy, though.
    3. Hooters. It is to breastaurants what Wal-Mart is to Nordstroms. That's a shame since they invented the genre. If I were them I would figure out a way to freshen it up.
    Supporting Indy Car racing since 1959

Blog Entries
    On a related note:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...men/491645001/
    The researchers concluded that women who work in “sexually objectifying restaurant environments,” where they wear revealing clothing and are encouraged to flirt with customers, were at greater risk for anxiety and eating disorders. That was not only because their bodies were displayed and scrutinized, in some instances with their appearance “graded” by customers and supervisors, but also because they lacked power at work to control their own environment, such as with sexual harassment.

"Most people are pretty respectful," Ashley Yonan, who worked during college for two years at a Hooters in Santa Monica, Calif., told Cosmopolitan in 2015. "It's a sexually charged atmosphere so there may be a few innuendos, but being a Hooters girl you kind of can't be offended by that because you signed up for this and you are embracing that sexual atmosphere."

Zero sympathy for a Hooters girl who gets sexual innuendos from customers.

Tilted Kilt is 100% better.. Better food and the girls outfits are much hotter
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Paff View Post
    Tilted Kilt is 100% better.. Better food and the girls outfits are much hotter
    For some reason it didn't take in downtown Indianapolis. It closed down recently. I dunno, maybe it was because the girls wearing those outfits weren't all that.

Blog Entries
    I learned just today, from most informative Google Now on my smartphone, that we have a Twin Peaks here in the City Beautiful.

I had no idea the one downtown Indy closed shop. I ate there once. It was ok.

Blog Entries
    The tilted kilt by me closed down about 3 years ago. I never ate there but had heard the food was mediocre at best, the girls were the same as the food.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I don't go to 'breastaurants' much, but when I do I prefer them in this order:

1. Twin Peaks. Primary reason: The food is far and away better than the others.
    2. Tilted Kilt. The food is OK depending on the location but across the nation the scantily clad young staff is more friendly and tends to be nicer looking. They could not make it work in the hot part of downtown Indy, though.
    3. Hooters. It is to breastaurants what Wal-Mart is to Nordstroms. That's a shame since they invented the genre. If I were them I would figure out a way to freshen it up.
    That's been my experience.
    Indianapolis 500s attended: 12
    Brickyard 400s attended: 12
    USAC/ WoO etc. races: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    I never cared for getting the stripper-tude from someone who wasn't taking her clothes off.
    Not that I ever cared for the stripper-tude from a stripper, but being naked and all...

Plays well with Others
    When Undercover Boss was on (I think it's back but it went way for a bit), they did a show on Hooters. The CEO went undercover and visited several underperforming stores IIRC. One was a fiasco; the store manager was a total pig and had his girls doing all sorts of inappropriate stuff, even for Hooters. Like no-hands eating contests to see who could get off their shift early, very crude remarks, etc. The CEO was pissed and called the regional manager. If memory serves the store manager got fired. Even Hooters has some standards

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbholland View Post
    When Undercover Boss was on (I think it's back but it went way for a bit), they did a show on Hooters. The CEO went undercover and visited several underperforming stores IIRC. One was a fiasco; the store manager was a total pig and had his girls doing all sorts of inappropriate stuff, even for Hooters. Like no-hands eating contests to see who could get off their shift early, very crude remarks, etc. The CEO was pissed and called the regional manager. If memory serves the store manager got fired. Even Hooters has some standards
    The bar is low...but there is a bar.

... --- ...
    I used to like their wings. Have not been to one in years.
    Now I buy their wing sauce and make them at home.
    ...---...

Blog Entries
    They do have one thing there I really enjoy, steamed clams on the half shell. Yum!
    Jim is left the building. He has a life to attempt to recover. If you care to reach him, you may do so in the usual places. Only not here.

TrackForum Pick 5 International Sweepstakes Point Standings

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation