Thread: R.I.P. - Vito Babe Parilli

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life. ~~numb
    "Passive aggressive BS. You aren't interested in learning anything from what I have to say. "

Remember him from when i watched the American Football League. Him and Gino Cappelletti were quite a pair. Although he never won the AFL with the Patriots they did have some good teams.

Babe was one of the original AFL players who spent all 10 years with the league. There were only 20 players who did that. Jim Otto, Johnny Robinson and Billy Cannon were others. Babe also won a Super Bowl ring as Joe's backup with the Jets. In fact, Babe got in for a play or two when Joe slightly injured his hand. Two of the Bear's boys in Super Bowl III.

Joe also said Babe was one of five AFL QB's that was better than Earl Morrall. Yet another good call from Broadway Joe. RIP to Goldfinger.

Without looking it up, I'm guessing that Babe went to UK and the Bear was coaching there at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Without looking it up, I'm guessing that Babe went to UK and the Bear was coaching there at the time.
    Yes. Bear was there before his stops at A&M and Bama. Babe helped give Bear his first SEC title.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ants_firs.html