Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly season. Beginning early this year.

Veach is my favorite driver, please let it be so...

So Kyle Kaiser into the Juncos 11 for the MRTI sponsorship?
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Marshall Pruett is indicatingredients Sato is headed to RLL. If Andretti stays with Honda, this could mean he keeps Rossi and makes room for Alonso. Or not.

Cautiously Optimistic drewdawg727's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral4 View Post
    Marshall Pruett is indicatingredients Sato is headed to RLL. If Andretti stays with Honda, this could mean he keeps Rossi and makes room for Alonso. Or not.
    Let's get everyone on trackforum on the same page.

2 people that we will not see racing full time in the Indycar Series in 2018 (or probably ever):

1. Fernando Alonso
    2. Sage Karam

Lets talk about people who actually are feverishly looking for seats and put our focus to them, shall we?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    So Kyle Kaiser into the Juncos 11 for the MRTI sponsorship?
    I hope not. What the Lights champ needs is a quality seat with a quality seat to show others their skills not some seat on a rookie team. I know Juncos has been very successful in the ladder series but I rather see the Lights champ race at least with Ed Carpenter's team.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Will not see Alonso in Indycar 2018.

Sato move has nothing to do about Andretti's 2018 engine choice, Sato just likes being number 2 driver over being number 4 driver on a team.

Talk at Gateway is Andretti is staying with Honda.He was suppose to announce his engine choice at Gateway but insiders are stating he isn't getting enough from Chevy to change but is still hoping for a last minute big check from Chevy.

Ganassi is now the big question mark for next year.At the Moment he has only Dixon in 2018 and he is pissing off his other three going to be ex-drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Will not see Alonso in Indycar 2018.

Sato move has nothing to do about Andretti's 2018 engine choice, Sato just likes being number 2 driver over being number 4 driver on a team.

Talk at Gateway is Andretti is staying with Honda.He was suppose to announce his engine choice at Gateway but insiders are stating he isn't getting enough from Chevy to change but is still hoping for a last minute big check from Chevy.

Ganassi is now the big question mark for next year.At the Moment he has only Dixon in 2018 and he is pissing off his other three going to be ex-drivers.
    More on Andretti & Chevy vs. Honda http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...y-be-premature and http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...ndycar-drivers

Ganassi kept the switch to Honda very close to the vest. Chip appears to be doing the same around his 2018 driver lineup. Dixon can't be the only guy you can rely on to win every week. It's time to give Dixon a younger teammate he can eventually pass the torch to & who can also contend - can't put all your eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727 View Post

2 people that we will not see racing full time in the Indycar Series in 2018 (or probably ever):

1. Fernando Alonso
    2. Sage Karam

Lets talk about people who actually are feverishly looking for seats and put our focus to them, shall we?
    No,,,I really think Alonso is a possibility. Feel free to say differently but I stand by my remarks. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't post???

It's gonna be curious to see what happens at Ganassi. With Chilton and Kanaan as good as done there I wonder if they scale back to three cars? Kimball's had a woeful season but still has the money but if not for Dixon, they'd be nowhere near the top in the points.

Yesterday in Brazilian broadcast they said a very good source told them TK has a 2 years deal with a team in ICS but they couldn't confirm the team name
    Religion can't save. Jesus can because He loves you!

Alonso could happen, from sounds of it watching Belgium.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727 View Post

1. Fernando Alonso
    2. Sage Karam

Go Fern and Sage!!!

Sage will probably be back in the DRR 24 at Indy, but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    Sage will probably be back in the DRR 24 at Indy, but that is about it.
    I was listening to the tv feed at the track last night. Best parts are always during the commercial breaks. Tracy said something after the Power crash that made me laugh and laugh, however I can't repeat it on a family forum! But during one of the breaks someone brought up Sage. They were joking around and one of them said that Ed had contacted Sage about next year which prompted the other one to say, oh great that's all they will be talking about on Track Forum. Again, they were just joking as Bell dared Robin to go down and ask Ed if he had talked to Sage and then they all laughed. But it was obvious that one of them (can't remember whom) is a Sage fanboy.

Finally got a good enough wifi connection to stream the IMSA race, and Sage is definitely showing why he should not be hired.

Insider
    Robin said Sato to drive 2nd car at Rahal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
    Kimball's had a woeful season but still has the money.
    Are you sure about that??? Robin seemed to indicate Charlie's sponsorship situation might be all that secure last night.

I heard a crazy rumor or not??!!

IndyCar,Honda and Ganassi are working on a Full Ride for Alonso.

Really want full stands in Mexico City?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I heard a crazy rumor or not??!!

IndyCar,Honda and Ganassi are working on a Full Ride for Alonso.

Really want full stands in Mexico City?
    At Suzuka the word on the street was very diffrent, it is that Honda wants Alonso either in F1 or as a "special events" driver running at all the major events.

Can see that.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    Finally got a good enough wifi connection to stream the IMSA race, and Sage is definitely showing why he should not be hired.
    https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/901873430034833408?s=09

In case anyone wants to see Sage brake check someone for racing them hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemat5150 View Post

Wow! I like him even better after this. Bring the kid to ICS full time in 2018! Ha-ha!
    Nastalgia & headache.

Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    Wow! I like him even better after this. Bring the kid to ICS full time in 2018! Ha-ha!
    Considering Shank outright said that no owner wants him, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Sage is very good at destroying his career

Insider

Yup, Sage working hard in IMSA to ensure he never gets a full-time ride in IndyCar again.
    Be a better driver, move right except to pass.

Retired curmudgeon
    Obviously Sato and his financial backing is favorable for Rahal, but is that another hit for Andretti?
    “Kid, you can beat these guys. Find a groove that works for ya, and get that lap back.” Doc Hudson

Blog Entries

By "racing hard" you mean pushing him off the track, yes?

Looked kind of like Sage pushed the other guy off just prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    At Suzuka the word on the street was very diffrent, it is that Honda wants Alonso either in F1 or as a "special events" driver running at all the major events.
    Isn't Alonso a McLaren driver? The better question is does McLaren want Honda.... ?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Isn't Alonso a McLaren driver? The better question is does McLaren want Honda.... ?
    I'm pretty sure Honda supplies a significant portion of his salary.
    The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 20 Wins---93 Podiums---17 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit