Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly season. Beginning early this year.

todays aa release confirming honda engines says rhr and marco are signed. no mention of rossi in the release, so apparently his long term deal that some speculated isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by ndcrs View Post
    todays aa release confirming honda engines says rhr and marco are signed. no mention of rossi in the release, so apparently his long term deal that some speculated isn't real.
    The long term deal was predicated on Andretti staying with Honda by a certain date (and perhaps other things).

My guess is that when that date passed, Rossi became a free agent. I am also thinking there might be a opportunity for AA to match ay offer that Rossi gets in this situation.

Juncos is sending their three tubs to get the 2018 updates.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/14...-indycar-plans

Nothing worked out for next year. But he hopes to run some races. At the very least using the Mazda prize for Kyle in as many races as it will spring for.

The 26 car seems destined for Zach Veach.
    Last edited by PaddockMoose; 08-31-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Now that Andretti has decided on an engine. Herta and Rossi will have to figure out what they want to do.

Many are seeming to forget that the 98 is a Herta/Andretti partnership. So Herta will now need to decide if he wants to stay with AA. Then Herta and Andretti can work on Rossi's contract.

This might seem odd. But maybe Andretti delayed the announcement to get out of their Rossi contract. Possibly finances are tighter there than it seems. (Might explain Sato too, and how quick AA announced after the Sato word came out)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    OK, throw Brendon Hartley into the Ganassi mix also....

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/14...-indycar-radar

I hope Hartley comes here. He races dirt in the Aussie/NZ tracks sometimes too, and would be incredibly charismatic for Indycar. I could see him in any of the open Honda rides
    "Lyrically, I'm Mario Andretti on the mo-mo" - A Tribe Called Quest

Hartley impressed me in sports cars
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

So is Rosenqvist no longer in play? I've seen some comments suggesting he's locked into FE again next year but nothing official.

After listening to this week's Indycar podcast, I now have no idea what to expect from next season. This has all gotten too complicated.

Maybe....Andretti didn't want to leave Honda, but finances were so strained with HH Gregg folding that he asked Honda to either pay significantly more to keep Sato and Rossi or require Honda to find them new homes. Maybe the Sato placement locked Andretti in, and the Rossi situation is being shopped by Honda, and they will match the best deal Rossi can find and Andretti has the option to match or let him walk if he doesn't like it.

Add a few more printed rumors over the past few days to my previous list. Hartley, Nasr, Fernandez, etc. Somehow still, there is one that hasn't been printed yet. I will venture by Sunday pre-race it will be - if not then I fell for the "banana in the tailpipe" and I'll share what I had heard.

Rossi just re-signed with Andretti. It was written that Rossi was "hours" away from signing with a different team.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/08/3...-honda-746341/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muffins View Post
    Rossi just resigned with Andretti. It was written that Rossi was "hours" away from signing with a different team.

I wonder who the other teams were. Robin Miller keeps on mentioning Ganassi but...

Oh well...as long as Rossi is signed and Andretti has a new NAPA contract it's all good.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Rossi just resigned with Andretti.
    Too bad. Many here were confident he would re-sign with Andretti.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Too bad. Many here were confident he would re-sign with Andretti.
    Thank you for pointing that out. Is there any other occurrence of a hyphen negating the meaning of a word?

Rossi just re-signed with Andretti. It was written that Rossi was "hours" away from signing with a different team.

Excellent!

End of August and we are just over half way to 22 entries at 11.5.
    http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/silly.htm

Wonder how much of Michael's decision to stay with Honda was to secure Rossi (young, talented, potential to do great things in the series). Also, where is Herta in all of this? His name hasn't been mentioned once.

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    Wonder how much of Michael's decision to stay with Honda was to secure Rossi (young, talented, potential to do great things in the series). Also, where is Herta in all of this? His name hasn't been mentioned once.
    What money is Herta actually bringing at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Paff View Post
    What money is Herta actually bringing at this point?
    Originally he brought equipment and the leaders circle money. There were also a couple smaller sponsors partners. This year probably not much in terms of cash.

Curb, Castrol plus a couple of cars and equipment.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-31-2017 at 11:48 PM.

doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    I wonder who the other teams were. Robin Miller keeps on mentioning Ganassi but...

Oh well...as long as Rossi is signed and Andretti has a new NAPA contract it's all good.
    SPM too.
    The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 21 Wins---102 Podiums---18 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit

doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    Excellent!

Buddy is running Indy only once again next year.

https://autowerkztvblog.com/2017/06/...acing-journal/

Excellent!

Not that it really matters but where are you getting that Pagenaud's number is switching from 22 to 3? That kind of doesn't make sense to me. I know they had 2 and 3 for a long time in CART, but it seemed like they were trying to match up their IndyCar and NASCAR numbers right now with #2, #12, and #22 for each for marketing reasons or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by arenasnow View Post
    Not that it really matters but where are you getting that Pagenaud's number is switching from 22 to 3? That kind of doesn't make sense to me. I know they had 2 and 3 for a long time in CART, but it seemed like they were trying to match up their IndyCar and NASCAR numbers right now with #2, #12, and #22 for each for marketing reasons or whatever.
    Just a best guess right now. Since a Penske car is most likely to win the championship, it will change.

Penske has had the three since he came over from Cart too. But someone in IRL had the two. He used six until the IRL team using the two folded.

Just a best guess right now. Since a Penske car is most likely to win the championship, it will change.

Penske has had the three since he came over from Cart too. But someone in IRL had the two. He used six until the IRL team using the two folded.
    Car #2 was Team Menard.. Then Jay Penske ran car #2

Newman Hass switched from the 02 to the 2 in 2011.

It looks like former F1/Sauber driver Felipe Nasr is still in the picture for a ride. He's at Watkins Glen this weekend as a guest of HCN per NBCSports.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckinturnone View Post
    Originally he brought equipment and the leaders circle money. There were also a couple smaller sponsors partners. This year probably not much in terms of cash.
    Are we counting Agajanian/Curb as money Herta is bringing or not?

I'm kind of surprised at how little speculation there is about who'll be joining Dixon at Ganassi next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    Are we counting Agajanian/Curb as money Herta is bringing or not?

I'm kind of surprised at how little speculation there is about who'll be joining Dixon at Ganassi next year.
    You should not be. Lots of stuff happens in that organization without much advance notice.