Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2752

Thread: Silly season. Beginning early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
    I'm sorry but were we expecting Harding/Chaves to be full time or part time?
    It's okay. There's no need to apologize.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    No we expected full time. They have been pretty much confirmed already except for the final press release, which we just got.

There was even talk of a second Harding car, but i haven't heard anything in a little while.
    looking like it's a no for a second car FT in 2018. my source has informed me they haven't ruled out a part time gig, or a second Indy 500 entry either.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

Born in 1992, I've been lucky enough to have attended every '500 since 2000. Milwaukee (RIP) from 2003 - 2015, Iowa 2007-present, Long Beach 2016, Road America 1998-2007, 2016-present,
    Michigan 500 (RIP): 1997-2001 and Mid-Ohio in 2008

Basically 12.5 FT Honda's (Shank at 1/2) and 10.5 Chevy's (Juncos at 1/2). I count 31 Indy entries more or less sewn up, leaving open DRR #2, Harding #2, or Juncos #2.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

does anybody think Lazier will show up again with an entry? I'm not sure we will need him this year to get to 33, although i'd love to see him return

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    does anybody think Lazier will show up again with an entry? I'm not sure we will need him this year to get to 33, although i'd love to see him return
    I think he more or less confirmed that he'll be back after last year's race. We probably won't hear anything official from them in a while; they are usually pretty late to the party.

Insider
    Mike Harding seems like a good guy who is truly committed to the sport. And the quotes in the ICS article suggest the team has a realistic approach to their first full season.

I'm a little bothered however by the absence of any mention of sponsors. I would hate to think Harding and Chavez are paying for building up the team and running the season out of their own pockets.

For what it's worth, the gross sales of Harding Group are estimated to total $17.5 million. Paving is a mature industry (limited proprietary technology), suggesting it is very competitive and profit margins not large.

But for Harding to pay half of of the $6 to $7 million needed for an Indycar season out of current revenues, he would need to spend close to 20% of the Harding Group gross.

Quote Originally Posted by FourCamFord View Post
    Mike Harding seems like a good guy who is truly committed to the sport. And the quotes in the ICS article suggest the team has a realistic approach to their first full season.

I'm a little bothered however by the absence of any mention of sponsors. I would hate to think Harding and Chavez are paying for building up the team and running the season out of their own pockets.

For what it's worth, the gross sales of Harding Group are estimated to total $17.5 million. Paving is a mature industry (limited proprietary technology), suggesting it is very competitive and profit margins not large.

But for Harding to pay half of of the $6 to $7 million needed for an Indycar season out of current revenues, he would need to spend close to 20% of the Harding Group gross revenue.
    Good Point, but if you include whatever the Leaders Circle is, i think it is 1.25 million that takes a small dent out of it. Still having to fund 5 million out of your own pocket, yikes. I wonder if they do have any small sponsorships they will be announcing at a later date. Or hopefully/potentially a full time primary sponsor.

Good Point, but if you include whatever the Leaders Circle is, i think it is 1.25 million that takes a small dent out of it. Still having to fund 5 million out of your own pocket, yikes. I wonder if they do have any small sponsorships they will be announcing at a later date. Or hopefully/potentially a full time primary sponsor.
    They had a few small sponsors last year. I believe yellow pages and a few others. That is still a decent chunk of money out of pocket though.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRacing View Post
    They had a few small sponsors last year. I believe yellow pages and a few others. That is still a decent chunk of money out of pocket though.
    Oh absolutely! I love rooting for the smaller teams, and Harding, Carlin, Juncos, and Shank all just became some teams I will want to succeed!

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...ndycar-995225/

"Barnhart admitted that Harding Racing might temporarily expand to a two-car effort this year, particularly at Indianapolis, and that running two fulltime entries was the squad’s eventual target. However, he said no additional car would be added unless it helped Chaves’ performance."

"Ultimately our goal will be to expand to a two-car effort for the entire season,” he said. “Obviously finances and sponsorship are driving that at this point of team. We’re not going to add a car unless it adds value."

"“We think we’ve got some options down the road that we can expand into – we still have an eye toward a potential second car at Indianapolis and maybe a couple other races if the right circumstances presented itself. We most definitely would like to expand to a two-car effort full-time.”"

turns out the rumors of a Second Harding might still exist...

Quote Originally Posted by FourCamFord View Post

But for Harding to pay half of of the $6 to $7 million needed for an Indycar season out of current revenues, he would need to spend close to 20% of the Harding Group gross.

I suspect that $ amount may be off quite a bit. That site says 65 employees, but I know they are closer to 400 employees.

Harding thanks to the part time run up last year, got the former 4th penske Leaders Circle spot. So they will get some $$$ from that.
    2018 Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

And not only that, but start up costs are huge (i.e., the building, the transporter, the infrastructure). Miller estimated 10-20 million in his Mailbag this week.

Quote Originally Posted by RTS7 View Post
    And not only that, but start up costs are huge (i.e., the building, the transporter, the infrastructure). Miller estimated 10-20 million in his Mailbag this week.
    Man that is a lot of $$. I sure hope they succeed! they got a lot of the right pieces in place. Al Unser Jr as a driver coach, Barnhart, Larry Curry, and the driver I'm a big fan of in Gabby Chaves. Sure hope they find some success this year. I am excited to see the baby blue and white livery on the 2018 UAK, I love those colors.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by martyrothrules View Post
    I suspect that $ amount may be off quite a bit. That site says 65 employees, but I know they are closer to 400 employees.
    I looked at the Harding Group website, and it agrees with you -- they say their employment is "more than 350."

As a rough estimate of revenue, 400 employees multiplied by an average labor cost of $75,000 (including benefits, my guess) equals a total labor cost of $30 million. Adding materials, depreciation on trucks and other equipment, other expenses and profit, their gross must be well over $50 million.

And Harding should be able to write off the racing expenses as advertising for Harding Group.

Man that is a lot of $$. I sure hope they succeed! they got a lot of the right pieces in place. Al Unser Jr as a driver coach, Barnhart, Larry Curry, and the driver I'm a big fan of in Gabby Chaves. Sure hope they find some success this year. I am excited to see the baby blue and white livery on the 2018 UAK, I love those colors.
    They are certainly approaching it with some heavy hitters in place with Little Al and Brian Barnhardt. My biggest concern for them is the lack of an experienced teammate for Gabby.

Why are we nitpicking Mike Harding's personal business?

Because we still have 2 months until St. Pete, and nothing else to talk about.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by dakinca View Post
    Because we still have 2 months until St. Pete, and nothing else to talk about.
    Thank goodness the 24 Hours of Daytona is in two weeks. We can focus on actual racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemat5150 View Post
    Thank goodness the 24 Hours of Daytona is in two weeks. We can focus on actual racing.
    Yeah, I'm ready for some actual racing.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...rtlist-997156/

Sort of an overall DRR update...Reinbold has ordered two new cars, so he now has 3. Spoken to Sage, JR Hildebrand, and Servia, and I assume others. That includes Danica, but not hasn't spoken a ton with her people. Money or no money, stressing he wants two who can win the race. Could do additional races.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post

Sort of an overall DRR update...Reinbold has ordered two new cars, so he now has 3. Spoken to Sage, JR Hildebrand, and Servia, and I assume others. That includes Danica, but not hasn't spoken a ton with her people. Money or no money, stressing he wants two who can win the race. Could do additional races.
    This seems like confirmation of at least one car from Dreyer & Reinbold for the Indy 500.
    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

DRR should have FOUR tubs now. One old DRR, one old Kingdom racing, and two new.

I like that DRR seems to be coming back. It is a good sign.

If the take on Sage, so go ahead and take one less tub off that total.
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

DRR should have FOUR tubs now. One old DRR, one old Kingdom racing, and two new.

Maybe Davey Hamilton/Kingdom Racing aren't part of things anymore, so maybe it is only three.

Quote Originally Posted by GRW1983 View Post
    Maybe Davey Hamilton/Kingdom Racing aren't part of things anymore, so maybe it is only three.
    As of last year the Kingdom tub was still there, being used as the backup. Even though it was still in 2014 form. They used it as a show car.

Kingdom racing hasn't updated their web page in a long time. Since about 2016.

Kingdom racing tub.

Quote Originally Posted by thehairpin View Post
    This seems like confirmation of at least one car from Dreyer & Reinbold for the Indy 500.
    Dennis seemed emphatic enough to presume 2 car plan is confirmed.

I took Reinbold's comments to mean Davey's tub is no longer in play and/or needed.

As of last year the Kingdom tub was still there, being used as the backup. Even though it was still in 2014 form. They used it as a show car.

Kingdom racing hasn't updated their web page in a long time. Since about 2016.

Kingdom racing tub.
    Maybe the tub is still there, if required, but Dennis Reinbold talks about "going it alone" this year, so maybe he now has three of his own cars and has no need for the Kingdom Racing tub. Maybe this tub could be used as a back up for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by GRW1983 View Post
    Maybe the tub is still there, if required, but Dennis Reinbold talks about "going it alone" this year, so maybe he now has three of his own cars and has no need for the Kingdom Racing tub. Maybe this tub could be used as a back up for someone else.
    Yes like I mentioned, he definitely sounded like there will be no partnerships this year, which I do like hearing. I truly hope Dennis can forge ahead and get DRR back to FT status.

Okay so that makes two known "Orphan" DW12 tubs.

One owned by AFS
    One owned by Kingdom Racing.