Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conor and Rossi on CBS's Amazing Race 30

Conor and Rossi on CBS's Amazing Race 30

Seems that Conor and Alex are going to take advantage of the offseason and are off on Amazing Race 30.

https://twitter.com/pandaboogaloo/st...69775992451072
    NE Vista Vulture
    2005, 2008-Present

Mid-Ohio Turn 5
    2016-Present

Indy GP Turns 1 & 2
    2017-Present

Expect approximately 1 bad "race" pun every 20 seconds they're on screen. I would honestly expect them to do pretty well though, they're both fit and have plenty of experience with travel...

Couldnt say which one, but told ya
    Third Gen Indy Fan

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/201...-amazing-race/

Maybe I'm adding two and two and getting potato but...could this be an indication that CBS is looking to be part of the 2019-and-on TV package?

I am guessing Connor has a future at Foyt then, no way a deposed driver would be put on a series like this.
    2018 Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    I am guessing Connor has a future at Foyt then, no way a deposed driver would be put on a series like this.
    Looks like the contestants have normally been lots of regular folks and maybe a handful of very obscure athletes/"celebs." So would this really matter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s)_contestants

EDIT: Or are you talking from IndyCar's point of view, that they wouldn't send an unemployed driver to the show? Did they even have anything to do with it?
    I'm starting to understand why so many women feel negatively toward males. I had always assumed that the predators made up a small fraction of male-kind, but I may have been wrong. When you impose yourself on an unwilling target, you do great harm to both sexes. Time to grow up, boys.

Paradoxically Sublime Fool Turn13's Avatar
    Learning to drive in the rain in Brownsburg, Indiana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Maybe I'm adding two and two and getting potato but...could this be an indication that CBS is looking to be part of the 2019-and-on TV package?
    https://twitter.com/stevewittich/sta...76531397148673

"Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Save that potato for someone's tailpipe.

Team Helio... We Believe 3Paige14's Avatar
    I've only watched it a handful of times in the past.

I'll probably watch it to see Conor & Alexander!
    My Twitter Profile (feel free to follow): www.twitter.com/3Paige14

My Blog: http://femaleindycarfan.blogspot.com/

Proud Supporter of Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, and Michael Shank Racing + Many Others in the Motorsports World

Lionheart and Badass Forever

Maybe he promised AJ/Larry his share of the winnings in exchange for a ride.

I can't wait to see Conor say to Alex 'I'm a vegan' when they have to eat some sort of disgusting bug or creature.

Season 29 Ratings

The 29th season of The Amazing Race averaged a 0.83 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.03 million viewers. Compared to season 28, that’s down by 21% and 29%, respectively. Find out how The Amazing Race stacks up against the other CBS TV shows.

Let’s get our future partner IndyCar involved so we can promote the 2019 Indy 500 on CBS

potatoes? you want Harley engines in an Indycar?

They might not break 100

Quote Originally Posted by VtOpenWheel View Post
    Maybe he promised AJ/Larry his share of the winnings in exchange for a ride.

I can't wait to see Conor say to Alex 'I'm a vegan' when they have to eat some sort of disgusting bug or creature.
    Conor tweeted after the season that he’s not vegan anymore.
    Owner & Founder of Tellez Media and RacerSponsor
    @RacerSponsor
    RacerSponsor.com

Total INDYCAR nepotism. Connor must have the most exposure for being one of the worst performing drivers in the series. Honestly it kind of annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    Total INDYCAR nepotism. Connor must have the most exposure for being one of the worst performing drivers in the series. Honestly it kind of annoys me.
    I get where you are coming from on that. But, I don't think it has as much to do with nepotism as it does with Conor's personality. I also tend to think that Conor is more willing to make himself available to do things like this than some of his peers might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Powercat View Post
    I get where you are coming from on that. But, I don't think it has as much to do with nepotism as it does with Conor's personality. I also tend to think that Conor is more willing to make himself available to do things like this than some of his peers might be.

Its why ABC loves him. And Conor, if given a little continuity, will keep heading up.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemarbles View Post
    Season 29 Ratings

The 29th season of The Amazing Race averaged a 0.83 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.03 million viewers. Compared to season 28, that’s down by 21% and 29%, respectively. Find out how The Amazing Race stacks up against the other CBS TV shows.
    It skews older... like Indycar and most racing. Supposedly it has lots of fans in high places, which is part of why it's run for so long despite mediocre ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Looks like the contestants have normally been lots of regular folks and maybe a handful of very obscure athletes/"celebs." So would this really matter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s)_contestants

EDIT: Or are you talking from IndyCar's point of view, that they wouldn't send an unemployed driver to the show? Did they even have anything to do with it?
    Not putting words in anybody's mouth, but to me if you don't have a job next year, you would need to be pounding the pavement looking for one, not disappearing for 30 days.

and I am an IRLholic
    Perhaps he wasn't their first choice
    “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Who would you have picked over him that would be willing to leave their family for 30 days while filming the show?

Conor has a lot more freedom to this stuff compared to a lot of other drivers. He doesn't even have a home he would need to worry about maintenance for.

Agreed. Lots of other viable candidates. Nepotism is obvious.

Daly finished last amongst regular drivers and crashed a bunch. Hasn't really done anything since Pro Mazda.
    Was Zach Veach approached for this role on Amazing Race? He is a confirmed full time racer. Maybe this was gifted to Daly to try and save his job at Foyt?
    I'm sure even Gabby Chavez would have been up for this too.

all you "expert" speculators assume Indycar orchestrated this entry.

Quote Originally Posted by irlrules98 View Post
    all you "expert" speculators assume Indycar orchestrated this entry.
    Not me. I doubt Indycar had anything to do with it. They can't advertise or wear logos on the show.

Wow, congrats to them! Hopefully wins them some casual fans.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelerDealer View Post
    Perhaps he wasn't their first choice
    IIRC, weren't Rossi & Daly roommates (maybe still are)?

Probably why he got picked instead of another random driver.

Meanwhile, in other reality tv news, Arie Jr. is the star of the newest edition of "The Bachelor"....so I'm thinking...naaaaayh....

Quote Originally Posted by Insighter View Post
    Not me. I doubt Indycar had anything to do with it. They can't advertise or wear logos on the show.
    Looks like they are wearing Indycar shirts on the show based on the pics from the start of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRacer View Post
    Agreed. Lots of other viable candidates. Nepotism is obvious.

Daly finished last amongst regular drivers and crashed a bunch. Hasn't really done anything since Pro Mazda.
    Was Zach Veach approached for this role on Amazing Race? He is a confirmed full time racer. Maybe this was gifted to Daly to try and save his job at Foyt?
    I'm sure even Gabby Chavez would have been up for this too.
    You're reading way to far into this...

The show features teams of 2. Almost all the teams know each other...brother/sister, husband/wife, teammates, best friends, significant others, etc.

Indycar very well may have been contacted by CBS to get a driver duo...but the duo would still have to be an authentic pair...CBS would want them to be friends of some sort. Not just two random drivers.

Daly and Rossie make sense. And who knows...they might have put this together for themselves with the blessings of Indycar.

People also say Pippa gets too much media attention. Maybe it has something to do with these drivers living in Indy, being very involved in the community, and being great with fans.