Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES Livery Database

Quote Originally Posted by saidhead View Post
    So looking at the front of RHR's car, United Fiber isn't on there with the other sponsors on the nose. Any idea if Marco will actually have sponsors this season (at least at the start anyways)?
    he will be sponsored by ShopAndretti.com and check it 4 andretti! haha
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

The original Servia fan numetalbizkit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    he will be sponsored by ShopAndretti.com and check it 4 andretti! haha
    Sure does look that way...https://www.instagram.com/p/BdxvQl7Hfof/
    I am a fan of the Verizon IndyCar Series, Formula 1, and AMA Supercross. Go Oriol, Seabass, RHR, and J.R.

I have to LOL at the people who thought there would be less room to put Sponsors on this "kit" than the previous one! This car is designed as well as i've seen for a while. Plenty of space for sponsors, and now we will all know who the primary sponsors on the cars are because we got rid of the stupid sponsor blockers finally! this car looks fantastic!
    Lack of room for all the sponsors isn't really a problem for anyone these days. Hasn't been for a while. If more people start watching, sponsor space will be found with whatever there is to work with, as it always has.

But yes, this is the best looking car since the DP-01 and GF09. I'm amazed at how much better seeing the open wheels from the rear looks.

you can guess what car i like...

Both threads about 2018 liveries must be merged. This one is more legitimate, I suppose...
    Nastalgia & headache.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK51 View Post
    Is the primary color black or dark green? I would dig the copper and light green with dark green more than black.

I wonder if it looked great on a computer screen, but just turn out as well when applied to a real race car?
    Be a better driver, move right except to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenWheelBill View Post

you can guess what car i like...
    The words that come to mind first when looking at that livery are words that I cannot type here.
    That livery is sexy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Insighter View Post
    I'm surprised these teams aren't doing a proper unveiling of the new car. You'd think they'd make a bigger deal of it for the teams with major sponsors anyway.
    Most of the teams with major sponsors haven't changed and sponsors change so often, it seems kind of pointless. Does everyone have the kits now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    Most of the teams with major sponsors haven't changed and sponsors change so often, it seems kind of pointless. Does everyone have the kits now?
    It isn't about changing sponsors, it's a brand new bodywork, and a new season. Even minor touring car championships regularly have unveilings and events where the new car is presented. It seems like a missed opportunity.

It isn't about changing sponsors, it's a brand new bodywork, and a new season. Even minor touring car championships regularly have unveilings and events where the new car is presented. It seems like a missed opportunity.
    I remember Andretti Autosport did a really cool unveiling for their 2014 paint schemes prior to the 2014 season! I wish they did it still. But I do know that SPM will be doing an unveiling of their both cars on Feb 1

Do we know where the first team aeroscreen testing will be? The news was that the teams were going to get a look right before Xmas.
    All Roads Lead to Indy...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRob View Post
    Do we know where the first team aeroscreen testing will be? The news was that the teams were going to get a look right before Xmas.
    “Our goal was to have one on the car this past fall or this winter, but there were a couple of things that happened that we didn’t get that done,” Frye said. “The first quarter of 2018 is our goal when to get it on the car. There have been a lot of behind-the-scenes things done with simulation and wind tunnels.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...ive-windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    “Our goal was to have one on the car this past fall or this winter, but there were a couple of things that happened that we didn’t get that done,” Frye said. “The first quarter of 2018 is our goal when to get it on the car. There have been a lot of behind-the-scenes things done with simulation and wind tunnels.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...ive-windscreen
    Based on the angle of impact with the debris, would a windscreen, with an open top, have deflected debris and saved Justin Wilson's life? Or would it have made no difference? We need to account for the top-down drop or just not bother.
    "I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..."

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52 View Post
    Based on the angle of impact with the debris, would a windscreen, with an open top, have deflected debris and saved Justin Wilson's life? Or would it have made no difference? We need to account for the top-down drop or just not bother.
    Without knowing the actual details, I would say yes.

It's open for debate in his case due to lack of data, but for anything to 'drop in' and cause injury, it needs to be in front of the helmet before impact. The window of opportunity for anything to fall between a protective device and the helmet, if the car is at speed, is very, very small, or even impossible (especially for larger debris, a high protective device, or both).

There are no good TV angles available for Wilson's crash, but I would bet part of the debris (which was large) is at helmet level before the point where a protective device would be fitted.

Blog Entries
    This is only testing after-all. Teams used to go to sebring with little more than their primary sponsor on a bare cf chassis. Several F1 teams are known to have distinct testing schemes. I think it simply more to do with the reality that many teams don’t jave firm season long primaries.

Hopefully the Veach car gets a little more polished. The gray number is awful needs some white outline to make it pop.

Blog Entries
    I had to zoom in to see there was even a number on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by the Observer View Post
    Hopefully the Veach car gets a little more polished. The gray number is awful needs some white outline to make it pop.
    I think the sponsor logos will be unreadable on tv as well, judging from those photo shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK51 View Post

This looks better than the image of the diecast but still leaves a lot to be desired. I think at a minimum I would flip the colors.
    15 Rahal 5 Hinch 2 Newgarden 17 Daly

New sponsor for both Ganassi NASCAR cars. Wonder if that sponsor ends up on Dixon’s car.

Quote Originally Posted by the Observer View Post
    That number won't pass tech, they'll definitely end up making it more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by dakinca View Post
    New sponsor for both Ganassi NASCAR cars. Wonder if that sponsor ends up on Dixon’s car.
    Could be. Already on the nose of the 10, while they left it blank on the 9.

I'm really loving the new RLLR schemes.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post

I'm really loving the new RLLR schemes.
    have we seen anything for Graham yet? I haven't and i'd love to see the steak n shake livery on this car (if they are still sponsoring him)

have we seen anything for Graham yet? I haven't and i'd love to see the steak n shake livery on this car (if they are still sponsoring him)
    ummm, you're looking at him

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    ummm, you're looking at him
    I should have clarified. Have we seen anything from the side, i can't tell much from just the front and i will respectfully disagree with you, so far these are my least favorite schemes but i'd love to see the sides before i give an official opinion.

Also do we know if Steak N Shake is back for another year at all? I can't recall any announcements regarding sponsors for RLL other than Bobby saying they were excited to announce their sponsors

I should have clarified. Have we seen anything from the side, i can't tell much from just the front and i will respectfully disagree with you, so far these are my least favorite schemes but i'd love to see the sides before i give an official opinion.

Also do we know if Steak N Shake is back for another year at all? I can't recall any announcements regarding sponsors for RLL other than Bobby saying they were excited to announce their sponsors
    Steak and Shake is not currently listed as a "Partner" on the Team's website.

Steak n' Shake's continued partnership wasn't announced until mid-February in 2017, I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another.