Thread: 2018 VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES Livery Database

2018 VERIZON INDYCAR SERIES Livery Database

Pictures of the team liveries we have seen on the UAK so far:

Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Is that Will Power in the 2?
    The artist formally known as 00steven/Little Dingo

I think it is.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that Hinch’s scheme is temporary and will be redesigned for the season, even though it doesn’t need to be.
    NE Vista Vulture
    2005, 2008-Present

Mid-Ohio Turn 5
    2016-Present

Indy GP Turns 1 & 2
    2017-Present

Saw that too. Hopefully it's even better because that is hard to top.

I'll be curious what they do to Wickens' car and what the sponsor is.

I feel like I might be the only who isn't in love with Hinch's testing livery. Something about the lines on top of the sidepods and the flames just doesn't do it for me. The Penske test mule looks good, though.

Power tweeted me back and said 2 is just the test number/livery, nobody is running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominato83 View Post
    I think I remember seeing somewhere that Hinch’s scheme is temporary and will be redesigned for the season, even though it doesn’t need to be.
    some adjustments are coming...will definitely look better than the test version.

Dirt biker/carp hunter Stick500's Avatar
    that little pic of Hinch's car in speedway trim is the coolest one yet I've seen of the new car- awesome!
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Andretti Autosport traditionally has very good paint schemes! i can't wait to see what they do with an attractive car
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

Born in 1992, I've been lucky enough to have attended every '500 since 2000. Milwaukee (RIP) from 2003 - 2015, Iowa 2007-present, Long Beach 2016, Road America 1998-2007, 2016-present,
    Michigan 500 (RIP): 1997-2001 and Mid-Ohio in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    Andretti Autosport traditionally has very good paint schemes! i can't wait to see what they do with an attractive car
    Although the unsponsored schemes that Rossi and Marco have run in recent years have been downright hideous.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick500 View Post
    that little pic of Hinch's car in speedway trim is the coolest one yet I've seen of the new car- awesome!
    saw it at sebring yesterday,, its even cooler in person
    I love the sport more than I hate the past,

Racer has a few good pics from the Sebring test. I like the little chrome accent on Dixon's car.

These new kits look so much better than the kits of the last couple years that it's almost unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by jkeener24 View Post
    These new kits look so much better than the kits of the last couple years that it's almost unbelievable.
    The karbashians were horrific and appeared to be fabricated by a HS Shop class.
    What’s really bad is they looked so much worse up close.

This definitely a step in the right direction. Still dislike the usage of the word “kits” though, but it is what it is.

Registered User David_Skywalker's Avatar
    I really hate how Andretti painted the ugliest part of the car a different and obvious color.
    Just wait 'till next year!

Quote Originally Posted by David_Skywalker View Post
    I really hate how Andretti painted the ugliest part of the car a different and obvious color.
    I love the entire car, I think the Andretti liveries look great! I also love the wheel ramps, but that is just me

I kinda wish the numbers were on the wheel ramps but honestly this is my only really criticism about the new car. Everything else looks freaking great to me. Not just an improvement from the previous car but an all around glorious looking car in it's own right.

Just my 2 cents but I'm very excited for this season. They just made Open Wheel Racing great again...

"If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post

This definitely a step in the right direction. Still dislike the usage of the word “kits” though, but it is what it is.

Yeah. I was okay with some sort of rear wheel protection. I grew tired of the eyesore aero bit that made the car look even more like a lawn dart, though.

I don't like "kits" either, but I don't know what else to call them. They look pretty good at any rate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post

Agree 100% on the "kit". It's a smackin' bit of kit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    Agree 100% on the "kit". It's a smackin' bit of kit though.
    Totally agree and I hate categorizing them as kits but dang, these are the best looking cars that I've seen in a long time and if that means calling them kits then I guess that's the price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muffins View Post
    Racer has a few good pics from the Sebring test. I like the little chrome accent on Dixon's car.

I have to LOL at the people who thought there would be less room to put Sponsors on this "kit" than the previous one! This car is designed as well as i've seen for a while. Plenty of space for sponsors, and now we will all know who the primary sponsors on the cars are because we got rid of the stupid sponsor blockers finally! this car looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    I have to LOL at the people who thought there would be less room to put Sponsors on this "kit" than the previous one! This car is designed as well as i've seen for a while. Plenty of space for sponsors, and now we will all know who the primary sponsors on the cars are because we got rid of the stupid sponsor blockers finally! this car looks fantastic!
    Lack of room for all the sponsors isn't really a problem for anyone these days. Hasn't been for a while. If more people start watching, sponsor space will be found with whatever there is to work with, as it always has.

But yes, this is the best looking car since the DP-01 and GF09. I'm amazed at how much better seeing the open wheels from the rear looks.

Both threads about 2018 liveries must be merged. This one is more legitimate, I suppose...
    Nastalgia & headache.