Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2018 Carb Day Band - Who is it Gonna Be?

Blog Entries
    From what I’ve heard, GnR isn’t touring this year, if ever again. Plus they’d cost way too much.

Saw Guns n Roses twice on the last tour. Stadium - Heinz Field, Pittsburgh and Indoors - The Q in Cleveland. Fabulous shows but actually thought the outdoor version was better. As others have pointed out, not touring in 2018 and would be way too pricey even if they were. Great choice though if somehow it was feasible. Worth it just to see the blue haired (not old), energetic keyboardist Melissa Reese. Slash should be on every guitar officianados bucket list to see live.
    Counting down to my 31st Greatest Spectacle in Racing, follow me on twitter @NDCar for photos, trivia and more about the Indianapolis 500.

Autosoft Dealer Management System - Highest rated Automotive DMS 2014, 2015, 2016 by Driving Sales. See what all the buzz is about - www.AutosoftDMS.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love May View Post
    Saw Guns n Roses twice on the last tour. Stadium - Heinz Field, Pittsburgh and Indoors - The Q in Cleveland. Fabulous shows but actually thought the outdoor version was better. As others have pointed out, not touring in 2018 and would be way too pricey even if they were. Great choice though if somehow it was feasible. Worth it just to see the blue haired (not old), energetic keyboardist Melissa Reese. Slash should be on every guitar officianados bucket list to see live.
    I saw them at Soldier Field 2 Summers ago. Put on a great show. Good example of a older band that is on top of their game and sound as good, if not better, than they ever did in their hey day. And a classic lineup that most people thought would never reunite.

Gn'R is touring Europe in 2018, starting June 3rd in Berlin.

And it's not really the "classic lineup" until Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin are also included.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder-Tank View Post
    It's going to be "Foo Fighters" and "Guided by Voices".
    Foo Fighters would be awesome.

GbV - I was a big fan for years, but the performance they put on at Riot Fest back in 2013 really hurt their standing in my mind. Just seemed tired and uninspired. Maybe it was because they were outside. The times I saw them in a club were awesome!

Oh and the Replacements ROCKED that day - one of their limited re-union shows (as such, there are only 2 of them available. one doesn't play music any longer and Bob's dead!)

Anyway, to get this even further off track: Here is one of my Favorite GbV songs:
    https://youtu.be/zN9x6zckn18
    Last edited by step33T; 01-08-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: technical difficulties - cause I'm not smart
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by step33T View Post
    Oh and the Replacements ROCKED that day - one of their limited re-union shows (as such, there are only 2 of them available. one doesn't play music any longer and Bob's dead!)]
    Even the replacement Replacements aren't available...the drummer's dead and Slim is sick...
    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Here's hoping that we are only days away from an announcement that Kiss is the Carb day band!! Maybe the band already in full makeup giving the command to start engines for the Freedom 100. I can dream on a winter day with a sever ice storm bearing down on Northeast Ohio on what will turn into a cold winter day. Yes, I realize the logistics of performance time and liking makeup applying time make this unlikely as it would be several hours before the concert starts.

If its not Kiss, what about Ted Nugent. He would certainly fit the All American red white and blue theme of the weekend? Not advocating, just wonder what others would think of Sweaty Teddy.

Blog Entries
    Here's hoping that we are only days away from an announcement that Kiss is the Carb day band!! Maybe the band already in full makeup giving the command to start engines for the Freedom 100. I can dream on a winter day with a sever ice storm bearing down on Northeast Ohio on what will turn into a cold winter day. Yes, I realize the logistics of performance time and liking makeup applying time make this unlikely as it would be several hours before the concert starts.

If its not Kiss, what about Ted Nugent. He would certainly fit the All American red white and blue theme of the weekend? Not advocating, just wonder what others would think of Sweaty Teddy.
    I'd be good with Ted. Never seen him live, but I hear he puts on a good show. However, would def much prefer KISS!

Saw GNR in October in Philly
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Here's hoping that we are only days away from an announcement that Kiss is the Carb day band!!
    Amen.

At this most difficult of times, with a future filled with uncertainty, the people of the United States, men, women, children of all ages, the rich and the poor alike, from sea to shining sea, all come together in silent prayer and await with bated breath and arms linked, the one piece of news that will finally put an end to our great national nightmare.

Maybe the band already in full makeup giving the command to start engines for the Freedom 100.
    We can only hope. What could be a more fitting start to an event that has the word "Freedom" in its name than having those four, iconic defenders of liberty screaming, "Start your engines!" into a microphone?

I can dream on a winter day with a sever ice storm bearing down...
    Sever ice storms are the worst. The cold cuts right through you.

Yes, I realize the logistics of performance time and liking makeup applying time make this unlikely...
    We are talking about KISS here. In the immortal words of Emmett Kelly (or was it Bozo?), "If you don't like the makeup, get out of the circus."

If its not Kiss, what about Ted Nugent.
    That is a question.

He would certainly fit the All American red white and blue theme of the weekend?
    That's not a question.

As for Ted being a good fit, I suppose that all depends upon one's view as to what constitutes an, "All American red white and blue theme" and what constitutes batpoop crazy.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Fury View Post
    Gn'R is touring Europe in 2018, starting June 3rd in Berlin.

And it's not really the "classic lineup" until Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin are also included.
    Probably as close as you're going to get. Wikipedia says Adler's made some cameos with the current lineup to play a couple songs, but had back surgery and other health issues to where he couldn't be on the tour. Stradlin wants to get paid as much as Axl & Slash and really hasn't had any desire to tour full-time with either faction if he doesn't get that. He did a few dates with Axl's version of the band over the years.

I agree that Guns and Roses would cost way too much to book. They are playing in big stadiums.

Mr. Mister's Richard Page will not be in Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band in 2018, having spent 2011–17 with them. Page recently posted to Mr. Mister's Facebook...well, page...that he's been watching some old concert footage on YouTube, and shared a VCR rip of their Viña show from 1988.

While the group has not performed since 1988 (the band officially split in 1990; all four members appeared on Page's 1996 solo album and the non-Page members somewhat recently were all on a Moonbound album; they released their unreleased album, which was recorded after guitarist Steve Farris left, in 2010; the only time more than one has performed on stage together since 1988 was in 2013 when Pat Mastelotto was a guest with Ringo's band), these are clear indicators that Mr. Mister will be playing Carb Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumblechook View Post
    these are clear indicators that Mr. Mister will be playing Carb Day.
    ...or Talk Talk.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    ...or Talk Talk.
    The popular Twitter account @jon_bois references the wonderful band Talk Talk from time to time, so millennials have heard of them!

He does, but he's also one of the most hated people in the music industry.

That there would likely make him even more appropriate for the gig.

It would? Why is that?

Turned on radio. Heard GNR song. Turned off radio.