Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alonso hoping to return in 2019

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Grigson View Post
    You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. F1 could give a rats ass about the attention Indy gets.
    Monaco keeps them from worrying about central Indiana in May trust me!
    Monaco is a pretty small event when you compare it to Indy. I think it's safe to say, that race has never and will never reach the stature and importance of The 500 Mile Race. For at least one month out of the year, Indiana has the advantage over Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamChevy View Post
    Monaco is a pretty small event when you compare it to Indy. I think it's safe to say, that race has never and will never reach the stature and importance of The 500 Mile Race. For at least one month out of the year, Indiana has the advantage over Monaco.
    I agree. Not to make this an F1 post but I believe Monza is F1’s most important & premier event. F1 goes as Ferrari goes. Better keep Ferrari happy.

Alonso's post day 1 live ask on Facebook drew 110K viewers, by comparison: Sato post win 52K, Hamilton's 4th World Championship video 1.8M. Indycar's most watched video was Dixons crash 2.7M vs F1's Hamilton being given one of Senna's Helmets 8M. I'm sure F1 is scared of Indycar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    Alonso's post day 1 live ask on Facebook drew 110K viewers, by comparison: Sato post win 52K, Hamilton's 4th World Championship video 1.8M. Indycar's most watched video was Dixons crash 2.7M vs F1's Hamilton being given one of Senna's Helmets 8M. I'm sure F1 is scared of Indycar.
    Alonso's first test at Indy, over 2M views.

Alonso's first test at Indy, over 2M views.
    Fernando Alonso test at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
    997K views · May 3, 2017
    Alonso Talks About #Indy500 Qualifications
    65K views · May 20, 2017
    Fernando Alonso at IMS
    227K views · May 3, 2017
    Part 2 Of Fernando Alonso's Test At IMS
    265K views · May 3, 2017
    Fernando Alonso Calls Into #Rainguard600 Broadcast
    80K views · June 10, 2017
    Fernando Alonso On Board Cam Indy 500
    110K views · May 28, 2017
    Alonso Gets Around Hunter-Reay #CarbDay
    37K views · May 26, 2017
    #Indy500 Day 4 Practice Alonso on Board
    110K views · May 18, 2017

These are all of the Alonso related videos on the Indycar series Facebook page none are over 2M, the video of Sato winning didn't get 1M:
    Sato Wins Indy 500
    738K views · May 28, 2017

Race Highlight video:
    Race Remix: Rainguard Water Sealers 600
    39K views · June 14, 2017
    vs
    Abu Dhabi 2017: Race Highlights
    1M views · November 26, 2017
    Last edited by Jsieczka; 01-08-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Does that aggregate Facebook and YouTube? The YouTube video of the test has over 1.6 million views.

Still, the idea that F1 is "scared" of IndyCar is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by RTS7 View Post
    Does that aggregate Facebook and YouTube? The YouTube video of the test has over 1.6 million views.
    just Facebook as the Alonso live steam was only on facebook (since reposted elsewhere), so it would be inaccurate to use multiple sources when one only has a single source.

just Facebook as the Alonso live steam was only on facebook (since reposted elsewhere), so it would be inaccurate to use multiple sources when one only has a single source.
    Pretty sure thats not correct, the live stream was on Youtube.

In any event, I'm with you as to your overall point. Liberty Media ain't quivering in their boots about IndyCar. The difference in fan bases, money, TV ratings, and stature is simply enormous.

Blog Entries
    Wrong.

now it is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt you have no clue what you are talking about. To say Monaco is small compared to Indy may be the single most foolish thing ever posted here!

Monaco is a part of the Triple Crown, just as Indy is. Arguably, it is the most important part of the Triple Crown

Wrong.
    Please post a link to it, the IMSA channel does not have anything on it about the this years 24hr. Racer posted a video but it was not live.

The last thing that IMSA posted on Youtube was 3 weeks ago IMSA GTP WatkinsGlen 1992 - Camel Continental - June 28, 1992

Blog Entries
    Please post a link to it, the IMSA channel does not have anything on it about the this years 24hr. Racer posted a video but it was not live.

The last thing that IMSA posted on Youtube was 3 weeks ago IMSA GTP WatkinsGlen 1992 - Camel Continental - June 28, 1992
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...ts-901674/amp/

The live stream was shown on Facebook, YouTube, and IndYCar.com. 2.2M cumulative views.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...ts-901674/amp/

The live stream was shown on Facebook, YouTube, and IndYCar.com. 2.2M cumulative views.
    Why would Indycar.com show a live ask for a roar before the 24 press conference? I'm not seeing it anywhere on there.

Blog Entries
    Why would Indycar.com show a live ask for a roar before the 24 press conference? I'm not seeing it anywhere on there.
    Huh? I’m talking about Alonso’s first test at Indy, as was RTS7.

Huh? I’m talking about Alonso’s first test at Indy, as was RTS7.
    https://www.facebook.com/IMSA/videos/1570146379730275/

This is the video that was asked about and you said was posted more then Facebook.

Blog Entries
    https://www.facebook.com/IMSA/videos/1570146379730275/

This is the video that was asked about and you said was posted more then Facebook.
    I was referring to RTS7 saying that the Alonso test video had a lot more viewers than what you posted.Your first post claimed 997k views. No clue where or why the other video got brought up.

I was referring to RTS7 saying that the Alonso test video had a lot more viewers than what you posted.Your first post claimed 997k views. No clue where or why the other video got brought up.
    It was in my first post, you were saying that no one knew he was at Daytona. More people cared to hear/ask him talk about being at Daytona then Sato winning the 500.

Blog Entries
    It was in my first post
    Ok but what does it have to do with anything?

Blog Entries
    110k is pretty minuscule and really proves my point. The Sato video really means nothing. It was posted right after he won the race. Most people were either at the race or just watched it on tv, so why would they click on the video if they even saw it? Even I didn’t see the video, because again, I was at the race. Not many IndyCar fans are watching Facebook during the Indy 500.

110k is pretty minuscule and really proves my point. The Sato video really means nothing. It was posted right after he won the race. Most people were either at the race or just watched it on tv, so why would they click on the video if they even saw it? Even I didn’t see the video, because again, I was at the race. Not many IndyCar fans are watching Facebook during the Indy 500.
    The Indy ask was done on Monday the 29th at 14:16 a holiday, IMSA's was Friday at 15:34pm a work day.

Blog Entries
    The Indy ask was done on Monday the 29th at 14:16 a holiday, IMSA's was Friday at 15:34pm a work day.
    You’re talking about his press conference I’m guessing? The only video you linked was the video of his winning highlights right after the race. Well if you’re talking about the press conference, Sato doesn’t speak very good English, so I’m not surprised not many people watched it. Also, here in America, Memorial Day is typically a day people spend outside, going to a bbq or at the beach, not on their computer watching Facebook videos. A work day is actually a better time slot, as you have lots of people who will watch from work.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonracefan View Post
    now it is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt you have no clue what you are talking about. To say Monaco is small compared to Indy may be the single most foolish thing ever posted here!

Monaco is a part of the Triple Crown, just as Indy is. Arguably, it is the most important part of the Triple Crown
    It must be hard having to " defend " the 500 from F1 and coming up with off the wall comments. It's as if TC is channeling someone else but I can't quite figure out who.
    RIP Justin! WWJCD

You’re talking about his press conference I’m guessing? The only video you linked was the video of his winning highlights right after the race. Well if you’re talking about the press conference, Sato doesn’t speak very good English, so I’m not surprised not many people watched it. Also, here in America, Memorial Day is typically a day people spend outside, going to a bbq or at the beach, not on their computer watching Facebook videos. A work day is actually a better time slot, as you have lots of people who will watch from work.
    Nope:
    https://www.facebook.com/indycar/vid...4520512325848/

80% of Facebook users are using the app/mobile site, so they are on it at BBQs, or at the beach. People use phones for 71% of the total time spent online even at work as companies have started locking out sites like Facebook as it is a time kill for people. Of that time Facebook makes up 19% of all mobile usage, so roughly speaking 1/5 of the time you see someone on their phone they are on Facebook.

**statistics via Nielsen and Facebook's 2017 Q2 report**

Do you know ANYTHING about racing outside the 500??

Blog Entries
    Nope:
    https://www.facebook.com/indycar/vid...4520512325848/

80% of Facebook users are using the app/mobile site, so they are on it at BBQs, or at the beach. People use phones for 71% of the total time spent online even at work as companies have started locking out sites like Facebook as it is a time kill for people. Of that time Facebook makes up 19% of all mobile usage, so roughly speaking 1/5 of the time you see someone on their phone they are on Facebook.

**statistics via Nielsen and Facebook's 2017 Q2 report**
    This literally proves nothing. Are you really trying to say that Alonso participating in the daytona event Is a bigger story than Sato winning the 500?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeremi View Post
    Do you know ANYTHING about racing outside the 500??
    Boy, the F1 crowd are certainly living up to their global reputation around here.

Boy, the F1 crowd are certainly living up to their global reputation around here.
    No, but the reputation you've set for yourself here sure is.

Alonso who? Jeeze! What an old bit!

Something to keep in mind with all of these viewing figures, Facebook and YouTube record "views" differently.

Facebook is 3 seconds to be counted where YouTube is generally 30 seconds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemat5150 View Post
    Something to keep in mind with all of these viewing figures, Facebook and YouTube record "views" differently.

Facebook is 3 seconds to be counted where YouTube is generally 30 seconds.
    Interesting. I did not know that, thanks.