Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Liveries

Quote Originally Posted by thehairpin View Post
    Didn't Michael add American flags to the bottom of the helmet to differentiate his from Mario's?
    He did.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Registered User JohnyComeLately's Avatar
    My Heroes are Lloyd Dobbler, Lloyd Christmas, and Lloyd Ruby

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/14...allPruett2_173

There are lots of pictures in the article as well.

Personally, I'd like to see one of the liveries leave a portion of the car with the raw carbon. Has that been done before (other than testing)? Or would that have adverse aero effect?

Looks sporty from here.

the 2018 looks good with no paint on it, the aero kits from 2012-2017 looked hideous no matter how cool of a design they had on the car! love these new UAK
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

Born in 1992, I've been lucky enough to have attended every '500 since 2000. Milwaukee (RIP) from 2003 - 2015, Iowa 2007-present, Long Beach 2016, Road America 1998-2007, 2016-present,
    Michigan 500 (RIP): 1997-2001 and Mid-Ohio in 2008

Dixon is the STIG I swear!
    2018 Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    He did.

I want to say Michael added the American flag in 1993 when he went to F1 and then kept it when he came back to the US. Does that sound right?
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnyComeLately View Post
    These cars still look a little fugly to me from certain angles. Like this one. It is an improvement though.
    I like Ren and chevy. I don't care much for djski. That's my 'scientific' poll of one. - -Mannishboy-

Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    I in general like team cars looking a like, as long you have some easy reference between the two. Newman/Hass had colored vs white roll hops during the Andretti years, and I think Penske did the same. Sadly Foyt did not have that and it was indeed confusing.
    They had different coloured wings, mirrors, and cameras last year, they were pretty easy to tell apart.

Man, look at how much more wing Daly is running too, he has an entire extra element on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood-1 View Post
    They had different coloured wings, mirrors, and cameras last year, they were pretty easy to tell apart.

Man, look at how much more wing Daly is running too, he has an entire extra element on the back.
    Great catch on the wing configuration. You can even tell that the front wings are much more vertical than Munoz has his, visibly more downforce. Incredible.
    Hi! I'm the owner and editor of Open-Wheels.com. Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook! If you would like to discuss racing or opportunities with the website, feel free to contact me on here or by e-mail at tanner@open-wheels.com.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    Not what I call "pop" at all, but I also hate bananas

IHMO, that's still a plain as hell livery, it's just a bright yellow.
    You must not have seen it in person...

You know where Simon is in turn 2 when you're sitting in 3...
    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
    You must not have seen it in person...

You know where Simon is in turn 2 when you're sitting in 3...
    It was BRIGHT even on that dark cold GP day in 2016. It stood out a million miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnyComeLately View Post
    Is all of that crap necessary on the front wing?

Kart racer, Indyfan 1988- SteveK51's Avatar
    A few screenshots of video from the Lanky Turtle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csOIfjtNSYw

I'm surprised these teams aren't doing a proper unveiling of the new car. You'd think they'd make a bigger deal of it for the teams with major sponsors anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK51 View Post
    A few screenshots of video from the Lanky Turtle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csOIfjtNSYw

I don't get it, we're supposed to be excited about a car that looks like Boesels old Duracell car from 1986?

Yes. I loved the Duracell car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Joe View Post
    I want to say Michael added the American flag in 1993 when he went to F1 and then kept it when he came back to the US. Does that sound right?
    Pretty sure that's how it went down as well.

Which if you think about it... there is a "Viceroy stripe" on a Marlboro helmet.

Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andretti91 View Post
    I don't get it, we're supposed to be excited about a car that looks like Boesels old Duracell car from 1986?

This car is okay, but I loved that Duracell car!

Quote Originally Posted by Insighter View Post
    I'm surprised these teams aren't doing a proper unveiling of the new car. You'd think they'd make a bigger deal of it for the teams with major sponsors anyway.
    They are, they even asked Marshall not to spoil #26 livery on Racer but it had already been spoiled by diecast makers. IndyCar should and could have some off-season events where they unveil these things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Is all of that crap necessary on the front wing?
    Look at an F1 car, and when you come back to this one it will look clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    They are, they even asked Marshall not to spoil #26 livery on Racer but it had already been spoiled by diecast makers. IndyCar should and could have some off-season events where they unveil these things.
    Presentation is not one of IndyCar's strong suits.

The cheap look of most of the podium's throughout the season has been wrung out here in other threads. There are many issues where attention to detail need a lot of improvement.
    "George Bignott's Sinmast Wildcat; delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

SPM will be unveiling their liveries February 1st.

https://twitter.com/SPMIndyCar/status/950736981738360832

Quote Originally Posted by Andretti91 View Post
    looks more like the earliest incarnation of the Fuzzy's car to me.

As of now Hinch's oval test car and Foyt's cars look most intersting. #10 car looks boring and it's dissapointing, that it's not designed as last year's white/blue beauty. Andretti cars are bad... RHR car is a little more acceptable, than others. Any fan made design of #27 NAPA car is better, than the current joke of a livery. Veach's car looks depressing to me and it's most unpleasntly looking car to date. The grey #26 is perfectly invisible on the rear wing. Anyway I'm not surprised, that some people here like it, considering that some others like the unwrapped cars without livery at all
    Nastalgia & headache.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree0404 View Post
    The black and gold on these cars look crisp and are fine, they look good of Zack's car too. The green mirrors and accents on the 26 look like they were stolen off someone else's car.