Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2018 Liveries

Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    As of now Hinch's oval test car and Foyt's cars look most intersting. #10 car looks boring and it's dissapointing, that it's not designed as last year's white/blue beauty. Andretti cars are bad... RHR car is a little more acceptable, than others. Any fan made design of #27 NAPA car is better, than the current joke of a livery. Veach's car looks depressing to me and it's most unpleasntly looking car to date. The grey #26 is perfectly invisible on the rear wing. Anyway I'm not surprised, that some people here like it, considering that some others like the unwrapped cars without livery at all
    reasonable minds can disagree. I LOVE the Napa and DHL liveries a lot! i agree with you regarding the Veach livery
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

Born in 1992, I've been lucky enough to have attended every '500 since 2000. Milwaukee (RIP) from 2003 - 2015, Iowa 2007-present, Long Beach 2016, Road America 1998-2007, 2016-present,
    Michigan 500 (RIP): 1997-2001 and Mid-Ohio in 2008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    Pretty sure that's how it went down as well.

Which if you think about it... there is a "Viceroy stripe" on a Marlboro helmet.

Yeah, he added that for 93. He also changed the accent stripes to blue, where Mario's are usually black as opposed to the Viceroy Gold. Marco of course changed the whole stripe to blue.

I mean
    "Lyrically, I'm Mario Andretti on the mo-mo" - A Tribe Called Quest

Quote Originally Posted by gottastayfly View Post
    I mean
    there really isn't any good angle of those old aero kits... my god i don't miss them at all! BRING ON 2018 already!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    there really isn't any good angle of those old aero kits... my god i don't miss them at all! BRING ON 2018 already!!
    I do like the number placement though.
    "George Bignott's Sinmast Wildcat; delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andretti91 View Post
    I don't get it, we're supposed to be excited about a car that looks like Boesels old Duracell car from 1986?
    I loved the Duracell cars. I love that gold and black. I painted one of my dune buggies black and gold.

So looking at the front of RHR's car, United Fiber isn't on there with the other sponsors on the nose. Any idea if Marco will actually have sponsors this season (at least at the start anyways)?

Quote Originally Posted by saidhead View Post
    So looking at the front of RHR's car, United Fiber isn't on there with the other sponsors on the nose. Any idea if Marco will actually have sponsors this season (at least at the start anyways)?
    he will be sponsored by ShopAndretti.com and check it 4 andretti! haha

The original Servia fan numetalbizkit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    he will be sponsored by ShopAndretti.com and check it 4 andretti! haha
    Sure does look that way...https://www.instagram.com/p/BdxvQl7Hfof/
    I am a fan of the Verizon IndyCar Series, Formula 1, and AMA Supercross. Go Oriol, Seabass, RHR, and J.R.

you can guess what car i like...

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK51 View Post
    Is the primary color black or dark green? I would dig the copper and light green with dark green more than black.

I wonder if it looked great on a computer screen, but just turn out as well when applied to a real race car?
    Be a better driver, move right except to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenWheelBill View Post

you can guess what car i like...
    The words that come to mind first when looking at that livery are words that I cannot type here.
    That livery is sexy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Insighter View Post
    I'm surprised these teams aren't doing a proper unveiling of the new car. You'd think they'd make a bigger deal of it for the teams with major sponsors anyway.
    Most of the teams with major sponsors haven't changed and sponsors change so often, it seems kind of pointless. Does everyone have the kits now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    Most of the teams with major sponsors haven't changed and sponsors change so often, it seems kind of pointless. Does everyone have the kits now?
    It isn't about changing sponsors, it's a brand new bodywork, and a new season. Even minor touring car championships regularly have unveilings and events where the new car is presented. It seems like a missed opportunity.

It isn't about changing sponsors, it's a brand new bodywork, and a new season. Even minor touring car championships regularly have unveilings and events where the new car is presented. It seems like a missed opportunity.
    I remember Andretti Autosport did a really cool unveiling for their 2014 paint schemes prior to the 2014 season! I wish they did it still. But I do know that SPM will be doing an unveiling of their both cars on Feb 1

Do we know where the first team aeroscreen testing will be? The news was that the teams were going to get a look right before Xmas.
    All Roads Lead to Indy...

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRob View Post
    Do we know where the first team aeroscreen testing will be? The news was that the teams were going to get a look right before Xmas.
    “Our goal was to have one on the car this past fall or this winter, but there were a couple of things that happened that we didn’t get that done,” Frye said. “The first quarter of 2018 is our goal when to get it on the car. There have been a lot of behind-the-scenes things done with simulation and wind tunnels.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...ive-windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Jsieczka View Post
    “Our goal was to have one on the car this past fall or this winter, but there were a couple of things that happened that we didn’t get that done,” Frye said. “The first quarter of 2018 is our goal when to get it on the car. There have been a lot of behind-the-scenes things done with simulation and wind tunnels.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...ive-windscreen
    Based on the angle of impact with the debris, would a windscreen, with an open top, have deflected debris and saved Justin Wilson's life? Or would it have made no difference? We need to account for the top-down drop or just not bother.
    "I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..."

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52 View Post
    Based on the angle of impact with the debris, would a windscreen, with an open top, have deflected debris and saved Justin Wilson's life? Or would it have made no difference? We need to account for the top-down drop or just not bother.
    Without knowing the actual details, I would say yes.

It's open for debate in his case due to lack of data, but for anything to 'drop in' and cause injury, it needs to be in front of the helmet before impact. The window of opportunity for anything to fall between a protective device and the helmet, if the car is at speed, is very, very small, or even impossible (especially for larger debris, a high protective device, or both).

There are no good TV angles available for Wilson's crash, but I would bet part of the debris (which was large) is at helmet level before the point where a protective device would be fitted.

Blog Entries
    This is only testing after-all. Teams used to go to sebring with little more than their primary sponsor on a bare cf chassis. Several F1 teams are known to have distinct testing schemes. I think it simply more to do with the reality that many teams don’t jave firm season long primaries.

Hopefully the Veach car gets a little more polished. The gray number is awful needs some white outline to make it pop.

Blog Entries
    I had to zoom in to see there was even a number on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by the Observer View Post
    Hopefully the Veach car gets a little more polished. The gray number is awful needs some white outline to make it pop.
    I think the sponsor logos will be unreadable on tv as well, judging from those photo shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK51 View Post

This looks better than the image of the diecast but still leaves a lot to be desired. I think at a minimum I would flip the colors.
    15 Rahal 5 Hinch 2 Newgarden ? Daly

New sponsor for both Ganassi NASCAR cars. Wonder if that sponsor ends up on Dixon’s car.

Quote Originally Posted by the Observer View Post
    That number won't pass tech, they'll definitely end up making it more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by dakinca View Post
    New sponsor for both Ganassi NASCAR cars. Wonder if that sponsor ends up on Dixon’s car.
    Could be. Already on the nose of the 10, while they left it blank on the 9.