Thread: Video from January 10 Sebring Test

Video from January 10 Sebring Test

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some video that our friend and a media partner of mine, Brian Wayne, shot while at the Sebring test this past week. He got some really cool perspectives, especially at the start of the video, of how the guys are wrestling the cars out of corners and such. Also of interesting note, listen for the shift points and how they differentiate from driver to driver.

Check it out if you would like: http://open-wheels.com/video-indycar-testing-sebring-january-2018/
    Hi! I'm the owner and editor of Open-Wheels.com. Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook! If you would like to discuss racing or opportunities with the website, feel free to contact me on here or by e-mail at tanner@open-wheels.com.

Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Blog Entries
    The Lanky Turtle is your friend.
    "George Bignott's Sinmast Wildcat; delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by mdkiel View Post
    The Lanky Turtle is your friend.
    He sure is! Brian will be providing video coverage for us this season during some of the larger Florida tests as well as the GP of St. Pete, and possibly Barber if he can make it over. Very nice guy so say hello to him if anyone sees him at the track.

Thanks for embedding the video PaddockMoose, I am not very good at that on this forum!

I like, in the first seconds you see a tail slide.

Thanks for posting! The cars do look and sound good.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    I like, in the first seconds you see a tail slide.
    Veach said on the first day of testing that it suited his driving style. Had I not heard those comments before watching the video, I would have thought he was a little uncomfortable on corner exit, as shown in the video. It is fun to see him sling it around, but not many people can be fast while the car looks fast. Usually if the car looks slow coming out of a corner (grounded, not sliding), that is the quickest way around the track.

From Alain Prost : When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.

Thanks for the link.
    Wow, this is the best footage I have seen of the 2018 car so far and I am really liking it in motion.
    "Itís a four-turn road course. Itís not an oval, and there are four different corners there. If you are a good oval driver, it doesnít matter there" -TK

Blog Entries
    I'm a subscriber to the 'Turtle's YouTube page. I've been enjoying his pre-season testing videos for the last 2 or 3 years. They are very well done.

Love his paddock shots from the Daytona Roar as well.

God would I love to see these V6 turbo Dallara's race head to head with a 1995 Menards V6 Lola at Indy just one time!
    RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

I showed this video to a good friend of mine who loves cars but doesnt follow racing. His response was "Thats a proper looking and sounding race car. When is the first race?"

He didnt care that they looked the same. He cared they looked good.

We are now coming up with a plan to head down to st pete in march!

Wow, those cars look great without having 47 different pieces of winglets glued on to them.

Quote Originally Posted by uscman3 View Post
    From Alain Prost : When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
    If you can't go fast, look good!

Quote Originally Posted by SactoIndyFan View Post
    God would I love to see these V6 turbo Dallara's race head to head with a 1995 Menards V6 Lola at Indy just one time!
    I'll take the 1995 Menard V6 any day. that thing sounded great, and produced a lot of HP
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Quote Originally Posted by uscman3 View Post
    ...not many people can be fast while the car looks fast.
    I agree with this, but when I think of the few I've seen in person who could (both look fast and BE fast), Zanardi is the first name that comes to mind. He was incredible to watch in person.

To the topic at hand, though, I haven't been this excited and optimistic for an IndyCar season in at least a decade. Aside from the long nose, the car is absolutely stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    I'll take the 1995 Menard V6 any day. that thing sounded great, and produced a lot of HP
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post

If they were allowed to take the training wheels off, I'd take the current gen.