Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1346

Thread: What the heck: 2018/2019 Silly Season

  1. #91
    Sulli from f(x) Hitokiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,654
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dakinca View Post
    Graham sees this as a family business now. He was never going to leave.
    If that were true then he would have stuck with the family from the beginning. Heck, from his junior ladder days but he didn't.

    Graham picked his father Bobby's team - Bobby didn't pick him. It also turned out to be not only the right choice but a smart choice.

    I'm sure if Graham wasn't winning with Bobby's team he would have left by now. People may have a different opinion on that but throughout Graham's career he has shown that he can survive with the help of his father as the team owner.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

  2. #92
    There is no substitute. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Driving the point home
    Posts
    26,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    McLaren. please
    Thank you.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

  3. #93
    Kimi Raikkonen says it is MAClaren

    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

  4. #94
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    https://racer.com/2018/06/09/mclaren...able-for-2019/

    McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown describes the chances of his team entering the IndyCar series next year as “favorable.”
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

  5. #95
    There is no substitute. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Driving the point home
    Posts
    26,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    If that were true then he would have stuck with the family from the beginning.
    Your response makes no sense. Go back and read the post you quoted and responded to. What dakinca said was that, "Graham sees this as a family business now."

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    Graham picked his father Bobby's team - Bobby didn't pick him.
    Again, that makes no sense. The decision for Graham to race for his father's team was not (and could not be) his alone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    I'm sure if Graham wasn't winning with Bobby's team he would have left by now.
    Can it be truly said that Graham is winning? It has been a year since his last victory (both Detroit rounds) and those two were his only wins in 2017. In 2016 he won only one race. So, again, is Graham "winning" now?

    You say he picked his father's team. What team would Graham pick next if were to leave RLL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    People may have a different opinion on that but throughout Graham's career he has shown that he can survive with the help of his father as the team owner.
    Survive? What does that mean, exactly? Is that a race driver's goal, to just survive (like Marco)? Shouldn't the goal be to thrive and to win? And, as you pointed out, Graham has not had his father as his team owner throughout his career.

  6. #96
    Dakinca91 dakinca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edwardsville,IL // Auburn,IL
    Posts
    1,779
    Saw on twitter that Santino Ferrucci was at Texas race in a Paysafe shirt. Don’t know if he attend the F1 race but interesting he was at the indycar race. Wondering if he isn’t out of a seat in F2. They spit you out if your not up to snuff very fast.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by dakinca View Post
    Saw on twitter that Santino Ferrucci was at Texas race in a Paysafe shirt. Don’t know if he attend the F1 race but interesting he was at the indycar race. Wondering if he isn’t out of a seat in F2. They spit you out if your not up to snuff very fast.
    Looks like his welcome at F2 is worn out. If F1 was his plan, it only makes sense to be at the closer Montreal F1 event. Maybe out of funding too?

  8. #98
    Sulli from f(x) Hitokiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,654
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JW87 View Post
    Looks like his welcome at F2 is worn out. If F1 was his plan, it only makes sense to be at the closer Montreal F1 event. Maybe out of funding too?
    He won't be the first or the last to face such a reality. The amount of money a driver needs to just enter F1 is ridiculous. With the sudden popularity of the Indy 500 and the news that McLaren seems to be thinking seriously about Indycar - all the sudden Indycar doesn't look as bad as it once did at the 1/10 or maybe even 1/20 of the cost.

  9. #99
    https://racer.com/2018/06/11/herta-d...indycar-teams/

    This welcome and more cars to the grid. Best that McLaren goes to Andretti and Colton hooks up with another team.

  10. #100
    Insider Jakester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    22,309
    Quote Originally Posted by JW87 View Post
    Looks like his welcome at F2 is worn out. If F1 was his plan, it only makes sense to be at the closer Montreal F1 event. Maybe out of funding too?
    Just a short airplane ride from TMS to Montreal late Sat night or early Sun morning.
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by BretEarl View Post
    https://racer.com/2018/06/11/herta-d...indycar-teams/

    This welcome and more cars to the grid. Best that McLaren goes to Andretti and Colton hooks up with another team.
    I am a big fan of Colton Herta and this is exciting. I really hope he moves up next year, and I hope it's not with Andretti. Sage and Herta at DRR next year would make me smile
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

    When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

  12. #102
    doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SEC Country
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by BretEarl View Post
    https://racer.com/2018/06/11/herta-d...indycar-teams/

    This welcome and more cars to the grid. Best that McLaren goes to Andretti and Colton hooks up with another team.
    Just like Graham before him, it would do Colton good to not be on his dad's team for awhile.
    The Original Fan of Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen 2007 World Driving Champion: 21 Wins---102 Podiums---18 Pole Positions---43 Fastest Laps ---1 Gorilla Suit

  13. #103
    Sulli from f(x) Hitokiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,654
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron5572 View Post
    Just like Graham before him, it would do Colton good to not be on his dad's team for awhile.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

  14. #104
    There is no substitute. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Driving the point home
    Posts
    26,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    With the sudden popularity of the Indy 500 and the news that McLaren seems to be thinking seriously about Indycar...
    What "sudden popularity" are you referring to? Consider the rating for this year's 500 (3.1 with viewership down 10% from last year) was the lowest it has ever been. Given that I cannot help but wonder what you are basing your comment on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    ...all the sudden Indycar doesn't look as bad as it once did...
    When was that?

  15. #105
    Retired curmudgeon
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Brownsburg, IN
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    What "sudden popularity" are you referring to?
    If Fred comes back next year, he brings the 20 million streaming Spaniards with him, right?
    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

  16. #106
    Cautiously Optimistic drewdawg727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Suburbs of NYC
    Posts
    3,497
    What teams conceivably have room for him (Herta) to race on their team that already have sponsors lined up and drivers possibly on the way out?

  17. #107
    Insider
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,007
    Blog Entries
    1
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ges/684687002/

    Jay Frye says more new teams coming next year and more the year after that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Star
    “We’ve worked hard the past couple years developing our five-year plan, and part of that plan was recruiting new teams and gaining new teams,” Frye said. “And we got new teams, which is great. More new teams coming next year and more new teams coming the year after that. We’ve got good momentum, which is very exciting. And a byproduct of that, listen, ever since I’ve been here people have said, ‘We need bumping at the speedway! We need bumping at the speedway!’ Now the field is getting bigger and we’re getting more entries for the 500, more teams running full time, and we see that as all good stuff.”

  18. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ges/684687002/

    Jay Frye says more new teams coming next year and more the year after that.
    Fantastic news!

    Wonder what the new teams are!

    2019:
    Mclaren?
    Scuderia Corsa?
    Shank - Full time?
    Steinbrenner?

    2020:
    Belardi?

    That's all I can think of! Anybody I'm missing?

  19. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarnation View Post
    If Fred comes back next year, he brings the 20 million streaming Spaniards with him, right?
    Hopefully they can drown out the miserably angry, worthless, bitter, useless, stuck in the past former CART/IRL fans that can't handle any type of good news in the series and only show up on this forum to **** and crap all over the series and the fans that follow it.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

  20. #110
    The kind of F1 fans that only follow it because of their national driver, will make the TrackForum regulars look like a church potluck on a nice day when the Pastor wrapped up early.

  21. #111
    Registered User RyanRacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
    Hopefully they can drown out the miserably angry, worthless, bitter, useless, stuck in the past former CART/IRL fans that can't handle any type of good news in the series and only show up on this forum to **** and crap all over the series and the fans that follow it.
    Hey they got rid of the stupid air box, that was my last complaint. Oh yeah and Cleveland NEEDS to be back.

  22. #112
    Bravo, TimmyZ1

  23. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossfeld View Post
    like a church potluck on a nice day when the Pastor wrapped up early.


    I will definitely use that in the future.

  24. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRacing View Post
    Hey they got rid of the stupid air box, that was my last complaint. Oh yeah and Cleveland NEEDS to be back.
    Yes! With an aging fanbase the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame could make a good tie in for a weekend street party. If there is such a thing in Cleveland.

    Since they race on airport runways they could add some drone racing for the millennials.

  25. #115
    Sulli from f(x) Hitokiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,654
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ges/684687002/

    Jay Frye says more new teams coming next year and more the year after that.
    I hope Jay isn't counting his chicks before they hatch because that's exactly what got many people related to Indycar in trouble in the past.

    Jay doesn't seem to be a person that says things unless he knows it's coming true so for now I'll take his word for it.

  26. #116
    doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SEC Country
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727 View Post
    What teams conceivably have room for him (Herta) to race on their team that already have sponsors lined up and drivers possibly on the way out?
    Carpenter. Pigot hasn't bee that good.

  27. #117
    doitagain's adopted son aaron5572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SEC Country
    Posts
    4,994
    Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    Fantastic news!

    Wonder what the new teams are!

    2019:
    Mclaren?
    Scuderia Corsa?
    Shank - Full time?
    Steinbrenner?

    2020:
    Belardi?

    That's all I can think of! Anybody I'm missing?
    D&R full-time with Karam would be one.

  28. #118
    Registered User Tree0404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron5572 View Post
    Carpenter. Pigot hasn't bee that good.
    Pigot's actually seemed to regress this year which is a bit odd.

    Ed might give him one more year just to put up or shut up; i doubt he goes Foyt-esque and bails on him after only one full season but yeesh, it's not been good so far.

  29. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree0404 View Post
    Pigot's actually seemed to regress this year which is a bit odd.

    Ed might give him one more year just to put up or shut up; i doubt he goes Foyt-esque and bails on him after only one full season but yeesh, it's not been good so far.
    Historically, how does that second car do? I guess post Fisher merger. He really seems to be shown up by Jordan King.

  30. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron5572 View Post
    D&R full-time with Karam would be one.
    Thank you, I did forget to add them to the list of potentials.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •