Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1346

Thread: What the heck: 2018/2019 Silly Season

Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    Pulled the 88 Harding entry.... Pato is going elsewhere.

http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/silly.htm

That knocks us back to 21 full timers... and 29 Indy Entiries. But we can be assured that Pato will go elsewhere and bump these numbers back up.
    Pato is guaranteed an Indy 500 ride for his Indy Lights championship, so that number is still 30.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

RC Enerson is now on official IndyCar drivers page. I suppose he'll surely race this season.

Also, Ricardo Juncos promised to uncover his team plans this week, maybe it somehow related to Pato? Maybe a test day at COTA?
    Nastalgia & headache.

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    Pato is guaranteed an Indy 500 ride for his Indy Lights championship, so that number is still 30.
    Right he has the money, but not an announced ride, until then, he is not counted.
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    RC Enerson is now on official IndyCar drivers page. I suppose he'll surely race this season.
    I suspect he will run the Carlin car when Kimball isn't

Pulled the 88 Harding entry.... Pato is going elsewhere.

http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/silly.htm

That knocks us back to 21 full timers... and 29 Indy Entiries. But we can be assured that Pato will go elsewhere and bump these numbers back up.
    21 full time cars..
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    Kaiser and Juncos will race at COTA.

https://racer.com/2019/02/11/juncos-...iser-for-cota/
    Updated. Was getting a bit worried that Juncos would only show at Indy.

Updated. Was getting a bit worried that Juncos would only show at Indy.
    Going off of Moose's list I compiled a quick guess of the car counts by round for this season.

2019 Indycar Potential Car count by round:

St. Pete - 25
    COTA – 24 (25 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Barber – 23 (24 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Long Beach – 22 (23 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Indy GP – 23 (24 if Carlin if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Indy 500 - 33
    Detroit 1 – 21 (22 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Detroit 2 - 21 (22 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    TMS - 22
    RA – 23 (24 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Toronto - 21 (22 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Iowa – 22 (23 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Mid-Ohio – 24 (25 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Pocono - 22
    St. Louis – 21 (22 if Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Portland – 22 (23 Carlin car (#23) competes)
    Laguna Seca – 23

It's possible I may be off, but I think this gives us a good idea of the grid size by round.

Excluding Indy that's an average of around 23 cars per race. Of course I wish there were more but at this point, I'll take it; and be hopeful the grid expands more in future years.

The 23 car will run the whole season. They won't be giving up the leader's circle money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CP View Post
    The 23 car will run the whole season. They won't be giving up the leader's circle money.
    Carlin has sir bump a lot and far too many drivers in the hopper to give up that money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Paff View Post
    21 full time cars..
    It's been a LOONG time since we've seen much more than that regularly.. cars and engines cost too much and are too limited.

Cars and engines aren't limited. The 25 cars and engines running St. Pete are all available to run Long Beach. Any that don't race will be gathering dust... It's only about the $$

As typical with Indycar, all the hype is just that hype. The full time number always lands within 1-2 of the leadership circle number. If we want car counts to rise we have to add leader circle spots. There doesn’t seem to be a desire from Indycar to improve car counts. It’s priority level is way below other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    It's been a LOONG time since we've seen much more than that regularly.. cars and engines cost too much and are too limited.
    Chassis and engines are only about 50%-60% of a season long budget.
    Limited? Anyone with the $$ can buy a car, and we've already seen that engines are available for 33+ entries.
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy499 View Post
    As typical with Indycar, all the hype is just that hype. The full time number always lands within 1-2 of the leadership circle number. If we want car counts to rise we have to add leader circle spots. There doesn’t seem to be a desire from Indycar to improve car counts. It’s priority level is way below other issues.
    How much of that hype is Indycar driven and how much of it is fans speculating consistently for months until it becomes true?

All fans and teams, I don’t see Indycar hyping car counts...outside of maybe the 500

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemat5150 View Post
    How much of that hype is Indycar driven and how much of it is fans speculating consistently for months until it becomes true?
    I don't see all this Indycar momentum that is claimed on here every single year

Insider
    I think it depends what you're ultimately focused on. There are some major positives like DragonSpeed, MSR increasing their number of races, and Arrow buying into Schmidt. There are also some negatives with HSR being a major one right now.

People often claim the best case scenario as happening only to be disappointed when the most realistic scenario occurs.

I think it depends what you're ultimately focused on. There are some major positives like DragonSpeed, MSR increasing their number of races, and Arrow buying into Schmidt. There are also some negatives with HSR being a major one right now.

People often claim the best case scenario as happening only to be disappointed when the most realistic scenario occurs.
    Dragonspeed, MSR, Arrow are good stories.. 100% agree

I wish Penske would run Helio in as many races as he wants, and the IMSA schedule allows.
    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
    I wish Penske would run Helio in as many races as he wants, and the IMSA schedule allows.
    To what end?
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    To what end?
    Helio has proven he cannot win with Penske equipment over and over again in recent years, why continue to run him in Indycar?

1 win in his final 62 Indycar races in Penske cars.. Why does he deserve another chance?

Helio has proven he cannot win with Penske equipment over and over again in recent years, why continue to run him in Indycar?

1 win in his final 62 Indycar races in Penske cars.. Why does he deserve another chance?
    Agreed. Helio was a star, but he's past his prime. Running him on a part time basis doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Even the strongest bull market has down days.

IndyCar may be trending slightly in the right direction, but that doesn't mean there won't be bad stories and letdowns.

Also Pagenaud better get into victory lane this year.. If not I doubt he will return to Penske

Helio in the last few years was very competitive.. just got bit with the Ryan Hunter Ray luck

12+ podiums in that 62 race stretch

...just got bit with the Ryan Hunter Ray luck
    Hunter-Reay luck.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    To what end?
    He's still fast, wants to, and has fans that want him to. What else do I need to have a wish?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
    He's still fast, wants to, and has fans that want him to. What else do I need to have a wish?
    For Penske, winning races matters.

Another team might be another story. I wouldn't mind seeing Helio back. He's a fan favorite and brings energy wherever he goes.
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

The only way you would see momentum in Indycar is it reverted back to an all oval series and all foreigners kicked (especially Dixie) out.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has