Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Discuss NBC Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boweimer View Post
    No one seems to mention the data cap Xfinity & AT&T have in place. You start streaming hours of racing & other HD content maybe even a little 4K, that data goes quick. Xfinity charges an extra $50.00 for the unlimited plan. Thankfully WOW doesn’t cap it’s customers (yet). I routinely exceed 1TB of data. To each is own. Glad it works for some but for me, at least for now I will keep the cord. I have tried free trials of streaming services like YouTube tv, I didn’t enjoy the live sports experiene seemed to always have a lag. I also enjoy the Discovery channels & others that are not available. Hopefully soon.
    I have no data cap on Xfinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    I have no data cap on Xfinity.
    I have no data cap with Spectrum but shaky service with the highest speed. Its gotten better but I had to basically go nuts on a Spectrum for them to send a top tech out to diagnose a problem where the internet would just randomly crash. He said he did not find much but whatever he did it fixed it enough that now all I get is the periodic slow down. Instead of completely shutting off when I'm in the middle of something important.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Last I checked, Xfinity was imposing the cap in 27 states. Good for you, I wasn’t so fortunate. My household def use data. All the streaming services with HD & 4K plus gaming systems. We flew through 1TB. I guess I am that 1%

Thought about it, decided to buy a VPN and so I also bought the IndyCar pass. I'm ready for the season all the way from The Netherlands. Bring it on!
    IndyCar fan4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by castronevesfan3 View Post
    Thought about it, decided to buy a VPN and so I also bought the IndyCar pass. I'm ready for the season all the way from The Netherlands. Bring it on!
    An impressive level of commitment.
    Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Quote Originally Posted by gavv View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere about the nbc sports gold app being available on console apps. I only watch streaming onto TVs via my PS4 (and would watch all the Youtube only indycar sessions this way), and would not pay for indycar pass without this capability. Watching on a tablet/phone isn't going to cut it
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRob View Post
    I'm hoping that NBCSports Gold would be made available on the Sony SmartTV. If not, I'll splurge for an Amazon Fire TV Stick ($39).
    NBC has been rolling Gold access into the standard NBCSN apps. If your platforms have the NBCSN app, check to see if it's updated and has the Gold tab in it. I know the FireTV and AppleTV apps are unified and the separate Gold app is no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Day View Post
    As big a IndyCar fan I have some real mixed emotions about this paywall. As one guy said on the IndCar site they had 265 viewers on YouTube when it was free.
    That "one guy" was lying. I checked a few times during yesterday's test at COTA, and there were 6000 people watching at any given time:

4800 YouTube
    1000 Facebook
    300 Twitter

And that's for a test which was not publicized very well and during work hours on a weekday.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Bobcat00;4476474]That "one guy" was lying. I checked a few times during yesterday's test at COTA, and there were 6000 people watching at any given time:

4800 YouTube
    1000 Facebook
    300 Twitter
    New venue, and guess what it was FREE
    Did you all see where the Chicago Cubs are going to a paywall in 2020
    The bottom line is big business is squeezing us minnows for all we're worth.