Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Colts Week One

With a cover 2 defense I am more concerned about KC throwing under our coverage.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Don't know how you evaluate potential if you don't keep individual stats. And I Might have used a bit of hyperbole on the tangibles , just for affect. .
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Quote Originally Posted by thehairpin View Post
    Do you think there's any individual stats worth keeping or should linescores be the only record of sporting events? (I've actually heard people argue the latter)
    Most stats are fine. The problem is some people's inability to see beyond them.

Plays well with Others
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    With a cover 2 defense I am more concerned about KC throwing under our coverage.
    I too am concerned, though Rick Venturi today explained that the Colts have been doing a much better job of being more than just a cover 2 defense. Early in the season they stuck with the base cover 2 a lot and teams could throw underneath all day. But Eberflus, as the team got its sea legs, started getting more exotic. They still play a lot of zone but bracket the big play guys, shift safety help, blitz more, and have generally limited the big plays. Underneath and seams are still an issue but if we bend and don’t break (hold them to FGs in the red zone), which we have done a good job of lately, I am liking that. We have to be able to get to Mahomes with the front 4 though, that’s key.
    "We named the dog Indiana"

I missed Venturi today. I would love to see Leonard spying Kelce but have no doubt DentalFloss will think of stuff I’ve never imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I missed Venturi today. I would love to see Leonard spying Kelce but have no doubt DentalFloss will think of stuff I’ve never imagined.
    It was a great interview. Should be available online on JMV’s page.

Blog Entries
    Can the Colts play in the snow? Tune in Saturday...

EDITORIAL COMMENT: I'm sure Mr. Butler will have input on this, but this "wintry mix" we have coming looks an awful lot like just plain snow to me, and more of it than anyone is saying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by skypigeon View Post

EDITORIAL COMMENT: I'm sure Mr. Butler will have input on this, but this "wintry mix" we have coming looks an awful lot like just plain snow to me, and more of it than anyone is saying right now.
    Any reply is simply an opinion since this Colts team has no playoff snow game data to review.

Obviously the Colts are a much better team since last season... Much better since the start of the season. Playoff game against Houston got me excited about the Colts and Luck again. Biggest improvement over last season is coaching.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Send some our way. This lack of snow has me thinking the Hallmark Christmas movies I watched are not reality.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Blog Entries

The answer is...Yes.

It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Obviously the Colts are a much better team since last season... Much better since the start of the season. Playoff game against Houston got me excited about the Colts and Luck again. Biggest improvement over last season is coaching.
    Agree. 100%.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Playoff game against Houston got me excited about the Colts and Luck again..

Quote Originally Posted by PDC View Post
    Send some our way. This lack of snow has me thinking the Hallmark Christmas movies I watched are not reality.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Forecast for Saturday now calling for "heavy snow." Latest guess is 1-3 inches. Not exactly Green Bay, but it'll make things interesting

My first thought was that snow and cold could be good for the Colts as Mahomes is from Texas and not a cold-weather QB... then I remembered that Luck is also from Texas, so... yeah. I mean, Luck LOOKS like he would be a cold-weather QB though, am I right?
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Forget the QB. The Colts offense is an all-weather offense.

Blog Entries
    Latest KC forecast, kids:
    * Rain today turns to "wintry mix" by evening, then snow overnight
    * Snow gets heavy through the early morning, makes travel treacherous; total expected 3"-6"
    * By game time snow will be light if falling at all.
    So the only issue will be getting to the game--gates open at (I think) 10 a.m. when it'll still be coming down--but the game itself should go off without a hitch, and getting home from the game won't be so bad; roads at least around Arrowhead should be cleared and treated by then.
    I'm a little bummed. I was hoping for heavy snow during the game, to add a little bit of a wild card element to the proceedings. But it should still be a good one.

Latest KC forecast, kids:
    * Rain today turns to "wintry mix" by evening, then snow overnight
    * Snow gets heavy through the early morning, makes travel treacherous; total expected 3"-6"
    * By game time snow will be light if falling at all.
    So the only issue will be getting to the game--gates open at (I think) 10 a.m. when it'll still be coming down--but the game itself should go off without a hitch, and getting home from the game won't be so bad; roads at least around Arrowhead should be cleared and treated by then.
    I'm a little bummed. I was hoping for heavy snow during the game, to add a little bit of a wild card element to the proceedings. But it should still be a good one.
    I have a KC TV station on, one forecast is 4-8 inches at Arrowhead, correct on the biggest impact being getting to and tailgating at the stadium. This forecast stated that snow should move out around 1 pm tomorrow, snow flurries might persist, temp hi 30's, wind light, but will be chilly.

Blog Entries
    Local friends who know my Hoosier history ask me who I'm rooting for. I tell them "The winner."

Sentimentally, I want the Colts to win. I want Andrew Luck to beat Tom Brady for the Super Bowl then watch him make it a game for either the Rams or the Saints. If they win it, so much the better. One of the greatest sport comeback stories of all time? Yes, please.

I want to see the Chiefs break their playoff hex, too. I've been here since Marty Schottenheimer gave this town year after year of hope just to blow it down the stretch. Between that, Dick Vermiel's retirement party, and now Andy Reid, I'm sick of close-but-no-cigar. Especially now that we have a QB who could be the face of this team for a good 20 years. Patrick Mahomes, by all accounts, is a decent guy and not the stereotypical "jock" at all. He's especially fantastic with kids and generous with his time. People love him. I don't think I want to see him go to the Super Bowl this year, not his first as starter; I don't want to see him peak too early. But I do want him to succeed and stick around.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Blog Entries
    I have a KC TV station on, one forecast is 4-8 inches at Arrowhead, correct on the biggest impact being getting to and tailgating at the stadium. This forecast stated that snow should move out around 1 pm tomorrow, snow flurries might persist, temp hi 30's, wind light, but will be chilly.
    The local TV stations like to give different guesses at snow, just for braggin' rights if one actually gets it right The one i had on said three-to-six. In reality it could be anywhere from nothing to a foot.

Local friends who know my Hoosier history ask me who I'm rooting for. I tell them "The winner."

Sentimentally, I want the Colts to win. I want Andrew Luck to beat Tom Brady for the Super Bowl then watch him make it a game for either the Rams or the Saints. If they win it, so much the better. One of the greatest sport comeback stories of all time? Yes, please.

I want to see the Chiefs break their playoff hex, too. I've been here since Marty Schottenheimer gave this town year after year of hope just to blow it down the stretch. Between that, Dick Vermiel's retirement party, and now Andy Reid, I'm sick of close-but-no-cigar. Especially now that we have a QB who could be the face of this team for a good 20 years. Patrick Mahomes, by all accounts, is a decent guy and not the stereotypical "jock" at all. He's especially fantastic with kids and generous with his time. People love him. I don't think I want to see him go to the Super Bowl this year, not his first as starter; I don't want to see him peak too early. But I do want him to succeed and stick around.
    I think what you really need is therapy!!! . you sound like a tortured soul..

Blog Entries
    All Chiefs fans are tortured souls, beej Just listen to sports radio here some time...

The local TV stations like to give different guesses at snow, just for braggin' rights if one actually gets it right The one i had on said three-to-six. In reality it could be anywhere from nothing to a foot.
    Ain't that the truth.. same thing here...

All Chiefs fans are tortured souls, beej Just listen to sports radio here some time...
    Well, here is hoping "wait till next year" will be the Chiefs mantra come Saturday night! Any info on how Mahomes has performed adverse conditions? I really think ( hope) that this comes down to a battle in the trenches..

Insider
    Well, here is hoping "wait till next year" will be the Chiefs mantra come Saturday night! Any info on how Mahomes has performed adverse conditions? I really think ( hope) that this comes down to a battle in the trenches..
    For most of his career, Favre was awesome in cold and/or bad weather conditions. That said, he’d tell anyone who asked that he was a southern kid and didn’t like the cold. Hadn’t played in it and would have preferred warmer games come December. But, he was good at getting over it during the game. I can’t imagine either of these QBs will have too much trouble, either. Neither strikes me as the type who will let conditions bother him. Whether they have stellar games or not, I wouldn’t expect either to shrink because of the weather.
    Eff LBD!

Plays well with Others
    While I want the Colts to win as a fan, I wouldn’t be upset to see the Chiefs go to the Super Bowl. If not us, definitely them. Great fan base, generally not jerks like some fan bases (cough, Philly)....in a lot of ways similar to the Colts fan base. And until 2006 we also had a lot of “close but no cigars”, usually at the hands of New England. Both midwestern teams with similar sensibilities....though KC has better BBQ. Plus as AP noted, Mahomes seems to be a really good dude. But tomorrow it’s GO COLTS!

Blog Entries
    Latest forecast now has "heavy snow" starting today, not overnight; at around 3 p.m. Still just a "winter weather advisory," though.

Latest forecast now has "heavy snow" starting today, not overnight; at around 3 p.m. Still just a "winter weather advisory," though.
    Now a winter storm warning for KC.... this should get very interesting .

Blog Entries
    Yeah, figured it was coming. Snow started fast and furious around three. Still 4-6 inches expected.