Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 102

Thread: 2019 INDYCAR SERIES Livery Database

  1. #1
    Registered User Mr. Muffins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    2,267

    2019 INDYCAR SERIES Livery Database

    Special thanks to Harding and Steinbrenner for getting right out of the gate with a paint job for 2019 and giving cause to start this thread ridiculously early..

    Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

  2. #2
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    That was fast! Looks good.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

  3. #3
    Insider Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    The fields I used to roam
    Posts
    16,378
    Looks good. Presumably, however, the new partners need to secure some form of corporate sponsorship. Although it's a cool livery, vanity 'sponsorship' can't really cut it anymore.
    Supporting Indy Car racing since 1959

  4. #4
    Love the swallow logo on the nose, love the colours and the fact, that Dale Jr's number font is still there. However, I don't think, that O'Ward's livery will be the same.
    Nastalgia & headache.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianpolis
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muffins View Post
    Special thanks to Harding and Steinbrenner for getting right out of the gate with a paint job for 2019 and giving cause to start this thread ridiculously early..

    The real question here is........did Colton Herta really earn his pinstripes?
    "If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'cause that's all there is."Angel

  6. #6
    I suppose, that NTT Data car's livery won't change in 2019 and it's sad... Anyway I love their special schemes, so there's still some hope.


  7. #7
    Hopefully they add in some more color to the #10. Just happy there is a Swede back in Indycar!
    "Some say he once took two pieces of fire, to create a single piece of wood... And that he too is now officially listed as an endangered species..."

  8. #8
    The DC Solar livery for the #10 was may favorite of the year. I wish they'd brand the NTT car the same way.

  9. #9
    Insider Buellboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeJo View Post
    Hopefully they add in some more color to the #10. Just happy there is a Swede back in Indycar!
    A bit of yellow would work well with the blue...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buellboy View Post
    A bit of yellow would work well with the blue...
    Maybe Lego will throw in some red!

  11. #11
    Insider Nigel Red5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    14,612
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muffins View Post
    Special thanks to Harding and Steinbrenner for getting right out of the gate with a paint job for 2019 and giving cause to start this thread ridiculously early..

    They might as well make Herta wear a black helmet. I’ll never root for a team/driver/car wearing pinstripes and a NY Yankees logo!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeJo View Post
    Maybe Lego will throw in some red!
    If Lego started sponsoring racing drivers from their homeland I think Kevin Magnussen would be top of the list.

  13. #13
    I understand the pin stripe logic with the Yankees tie in, it just doesn't look very good to me! Maybe if the sponsor/logo was better than Harding has on the side pod would help, but as is, not a fan.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by E Nasty View Post
    If Lego started sponsoring racing drivers from their homeland I think Kevin Magnussen would be top of the list.
    Think back in 2014 Lego wasn't interested in helping Magnussen with sponsorship because it didn't fit their brand. Even though they make plenty of F1 Lego sets. Last Lego sponsorship I have seen was when Kenny Brack was racing.

  15. #15
    Johnny Drama saidhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,806
    This is purely a diecast, but Greenlight has released what appears to be some of Penske's 2019 diecast images. Notice the decal work (speedway logo, generic indycar logo):


    https://www.flickr.com/photos/glcoll...s/46143232182/

  16. #16
    That Helio diecast is a license to print money. Bet the run is largely spoken for before we even get to May.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    That was fast! Looks good.
    fast? likely been done for a long time as the car still shows the former harding logo. no yellow or light blue wings on the redisigned logo they posted.

  18. #18
    Insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,529
    Regarding the Harding-Steinbrenner picture, it's amazing the quality of 2d image that can be rendered from a 3d model, creating correct perspective, shading, shadows, and reflections.

  19. #19
    Registered User Mearsfan53081's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    3 Miles from THE MILE!
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by ndcrs View Post
    fast? likely been done for a long time as the car still shows the former harding logo. no yellow or light blue wings on the redisigned logo they posted.
    The post was from September
    2012 Races: St.Pete, Indianapolis and THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
    2013 Races: Indianapolis and Indyfest 2013
    2014 Races: Popped the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014
    2015 Race: ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
    2016 Races: 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 and Road America!

  20. #20
    Rossi just posted the 2019 NAPA car

    INDYCAR, Speedway branding as Tyler pointed out previously on the diecasts.

    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4233/kiawp.jpg
    Peters Motorsports Designs
    Web - http://www.petersmotorsports.com
    Twitter- @petersmtrsprts

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by petersmtrsprts View Post
    Rossi just posted the 2019 NAPA car

    INDYCAR, Speedway branding as Tyler pointed out previously on the diecasts.

    It seems like it's the same lame livery from 2018 season... Why it can't be made in the manner of NASCAR's #9? I don't like it, but atleast it would look fresh...

  22. #22
    Registered User Dominato83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fishers or West LaLa
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    It seems like it's the same lame livery from 2018 season... Why it can't be made in the manner of NASCAR's #9? I don't like it, but atleast it would look fresh...
    The fact that all the Andretti cars use the same basic design with only the colors and sponsors being different means that more than likely this scheme will stay until NAPA is gone.
    NE Vista Vulture
    2005, 2008-Present

    Mid-Ohio Turn 5
    2016-2017

    Indy GP Turns 1 & 2
    2017-Present

    St. Petersburg Turn 10
    2018

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominato83 View Post
    The fact that all the Andretti cars use the same basic design with only the colors and sponsors being different means that more than likely this scheme will stay until NAPA is gone.
    I realy like the NAPA colors, but I hate the basic paint scheme. It's so ridiculously poormade. It's simply not the level of 2018. Zero creativity. The silver nose is already enough off a signature thing. Why is there need for that 'viceroy' stripe? You want to sport same basic desigh for all cars - fine, but make it intersting and eye-catchy!

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    4,581
    I have always like the AA liveries they have had (for the most part). I like clean and simple designs and I might be in the minority but i think theirs are best overall on the grid.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

    When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

  25. #25
    Kart racer, Indyfan 1988- SteveK51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Noblesville, IN (formerly TN & WI)
    Posts
    4,273
    I do miss the original days of Andretti Green when they unveiled the 2003 liveries that were all unique by sponsor. The current standardized color separations just comes across as lazy by comparison.

    Here's an image of the unveiling held at the IMS museum:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20030221...s/IMG_0287.htm

  26. #26
    Registered User Field Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Big Springs, IN
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by saidhead View Post
    This is purely a diecast, but Greenlight has released what appears to be some of Penske's 2019 diecast images. Notice the decal work (speedway logo, generic indycar logo):
    I notice the images of the diecasts don't have the square digital timer thing on the roll hoop. But I assume those will be back on the real-life cars?
    Power #12 (2014 Champ, 2018 Indy 500 Winner) - Pagenaud #22 (2016 Champ) - Newgarden #1 (2017 Champ)

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Mouse View Post
    I notice the images of the diecasts don't have the square digital timer thing on the roll hoop. But I assume those will be back on the real-life cars?
    The series gave up on SPAA05 and is looking for a new vendor.

  28. #28
    The Ladder Broke in 74
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Obamastan Until 1/20/2017
    Posts
    16,769
    Quote Originally Posted by flipflopsnpolos View Post
    The series gave up on SPAA05 and is looking for a new vendor.
    I hope it takes them a long long time to find one
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

  29. #29
    Insider Nigel Red5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    14,612
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    I realy like the NAPA colors, but I hate the basic paint scheme. It's so ridiculously poormade. It's simply not the level of 2018. Zero creativity. The silver nose is already enough off a signature thing. Why is there need for that 'viceroy' stripe? You want to sport same basic desigh for all cars - fine, but make it intersting and eye-catchy!
    Because it essentially ceased being the "Viceroy stripe" and became the iconic "Andretti stripe" decades ago. I venture to say many if not most would recognize the 3 generations of Andretti helmets that featured the stripe with little knowledge of it's origin. Mario's helmet design is unmistakable and legendary and his son and grandson have carried that on, though Marco adopted the basic design in blue.

  30. #30
    pork tenderloins gottastayfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nasty Nati
    Posts
    1,188
    "Lyrically, I'm Mario Andretti on the mo-mo" - A Tribe Called Quest

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •