Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Daytona 24 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    I'll be there for the 2nd year in a row with my brother and dad! looking forward to it!
    I wish I could. I owe you a personal apology and few cases of really expensive beer.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Looks like I’m going to go for a few hours Saturday. I’m taking my 81 y/o dad who still gets around pretty well.

Suggestions?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Check out the classic cars just behind the pits! Beautiful machines. You can walk in the garages, which is great fun. When you are ready to leave, be sure to go up high in the stands near turn one. It's a great facility and that is a great spot to watch. You can see just about every part of the track.

Thanks for the tips. What about tickets and parking?

Is it worth it to pay extra for infield access?

Insider
    You can't get to the garage area without it. I haven't checked price but I'd say it's worth it.
    "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

So a garage pass is useless without infield access?

Insider
    I haven't been in a number of years but that was the case then, since the garages are in the Infield and you have to
    access the infield thru a tunnel. That's what was explained to me back when I went. Made sense.

You can get a paddock pass that provides access to the garage area and is not very expensive. It is 110 I believe for all four days and less for a daily or two day basis. You will have to park outside the track and ride the tram in, all infield parking is gone. (well maybe except for some camping spots) It is a very fan friendly arrangement.
    "A lot of information on the Internet quickly occupies niche spaces, for specialized audiences, which use it for their own purposes."

Okay...let me be more specific. I am only going Saturday and I notice that you can buy one day passes for everyday but Saturday so I guess I'm looking for a 2-day pass. I have the following options:

Frontstretch seating only for $45
    Infield and frontstretch for $68

There is a separate tab for garage access passes for $50

My problem is that the Infield & frontstretch passes are $113 for four days and $68 for two days. Sounds like seating only and I need to purchase garage passes but the top of the page makes reference to 4-day passes providing "Walk-in access to the infield & general admission frontstretch seating (Thursday-Sunday, January 24-27) & Daily garage and UNOH Fanzone access" for $113. That's the same price that's listed in the Infield and frontstretch passes. That's why I'm confused.

Edit: I don't need parking. The girls will be dropping us off and heading to the beach.

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartguy View Post
    You can't get near the Busstop any more, unfortunately. Not sure how easy it is to park in the infield. But there is free parking across the street, which may be better if you plan on sleeping in your truck. I hear it is hard to sleep with all the noise at the track. We may try it for the first time this year, weather permitting.

You heard wrong friend.

Ive camped at race tracks where I didn't care to stick around to the bitter end after the race(s) I saw were done.

I find it one of lifes simple pleasures to fall asleep with the roar of race cars a couple hundred yards away.

Its not like youre lying down on the S/F line, its more like background white noise.

Louder than normal white noise to be sure.
    Live like Dave

Insider
    I have slept fine at LeMans, Spa, and Nürburgring 24 hours.

Edit: Zolder also.
    Last edited by RS2; 01-16-2019 at 10:08 AM.

My new truck has a new camper shell on the back. All I need is an ice chest and a Coleman stove.

I'm looking at St.Pete weekend, March 8-10th to go visit my parents. My Bday is the 12th. Sebring is also just down the road. March 13-16th. Those stars finally aligned themselves. That would be a great way to bounce back. My birthday was always the South Boston season opener, it would be nice to kick the year off right again. St. Pete /Sebring double knocks out a big bucket of lists. Bouncing this itinerary off Mom will require finesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    . . .
    Infield and frontstretch for $68
    That is for the "wristband" ticket, which gives you the access you are looking for. Hope that clears it up.

Thank you

I have finally made arrangements to go this year. Although the GRM tickets were a deal, I bought an outside the track parking pass and Daytona didn't send it to me, and don't appear to want to replace it after several phone calls. It's starting to look like this first time purchase at Daytona is turning into a last time purchase. Their customer service blows.

Well that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Langhorne View Post
    That is for the "wristband" ticket, which gives you the access you are looking for. Hope that clears it up.
    Nope. Had to pay an extra $50/person for garage passes.

Then a $28 service fee. Plus a $2 charge for using the will-call window. Here's a hint. Just raise the price of the ******* tickets. I paid $266 for the pair. Had they just been listed for $133/each I wouldn't have had a problem. These ******** fees leave a bad taste in my mouth.